PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Playoffs: Sunday Wild Card Game Day Chat

I would be head over heels if we got MHJ and fields. It's my preferred route to go unless Maye or Williams drop to us.
Prefer given that Maye and Williams are off the board...Harrison and Bo Nix.

I think the Steelers have a punchers chance. And I think Philly is done. Maybe their talent superiority beats Tampa. But they are cooked one way or the other before the Divisional round concludes.
Man, I’m not even sure about tomorrow night for them without AJ Brown. But maybe Baker lays another egg.

Reactions: Ian
Yes ... I am hoping to get my work done to catch the Bills game .... I like the Bills hope they win.
Hoping to get back early also, although I’m torn on this one. Not a fan of either team and what concerns me is that I feel like things are playing out in Buffalo’s favor so far…pains me to imagine them raising a trophy. Creates a new problem that we’d all suddenly have to deal with. :rolleyes:

I think the Steelers have a punchers chance. And I think Philly is done. Maybe their talent superiority beats Tampa. But they are cooked one way or the other before the Divisional round concludes.
If they beat Buffalo, we could see Bill coaching the Bills.

Hoping to get back early also, although I’m torn on this one. Not a fan of either team and what concerns me is that I feel like things are playing out in Buffalo’s favor so far…pains me to imagine them raising a trophy. Creates a new problem that we’d all suddenly have to deal with. :rolleyes:
Yeh but Buffalo will have very little rest compared to KC.

How surreal...

Jared Goff... Detroits castoff QB, beating the team that dropped his ass, the LA Rams
He has been throwing the ball great for awhile now. Every once in a while Goff has an off day, but some of those throws vs LA were just not defensible. Perfect placement, timing and ball speed. David Montgomery is a good player too.

He has been throwing the ball great for awhile now. Every once in a while Goff has an off day, but some of those throws vs LA were just not defensible. Perfect placement, timing and ball speed. David Montgomery is a good player too.
Detroit will be crashing back down to earth when Ben Johnson will leave this offseason and Goff will revert back to a pumpkin

That’s why I shy away from Daniels at #3. If Williams or Maye are there, yes, take the QB. But if both are gone, Daniels is an overdraft at 3 IMO. I would rather take the generational WR in MHJ and trade a 3rd plus a 2025 pick for Fields. Is he amazing? No, but he’s not awful and he’s improved year over year. McDaniels can be his best friend. Fields, MHJ, Pop, Rhamondre and a great defense has a chance to be a playoff contender I think.
HE IS AWFUL! Why would you want Fields, he is not good? There is a reason why Chicago is easily going to move on from him and start over.
You can't win without a good QB and he is a bad QB.
You do realize in the last 2 minutes of a half and game he is -20 EPA, he is basically Tommy Devito when it matters!
Statistically he's about the 25th best starting QB, in his THIRD YEAR!?

28th in success% - How often he succeeds in completing a pass for a % of yards until first down.

26th in ANY/A - Adjusted net yards/attempt

25th EPA/drop back - EPA= expected points added

22nd EPA/play (-.01), meaning he is a net-negative in EPA

14th in CPOE - Completion % over expected

30th in sack%

25th in on target%

8th highest bad throw %

25th in INT%

Traditional stats:

23rd in QBR

21st in QB Rating

29th in completion%

22nd in Y/G

20th in TDs

1 game winning drive

There is almost zero metric in which he is an average passer

Another Dan "28-3" Quinn masterclass. Any hope he had to get back into the HC circle must surely be up in smoke for now.

..And Mike McCarthy

Side note: How much will OT Tyron Smith cost?..

No steelers, eagles or chiefs....

But it would be epic if steelers reach the superbowl... Tomlin gets to hall of fame if that happens

Dallas ...."Here we go"......straight out of the play offs...wow......boy the packers were ready for them.

Dallas ...."Here we go"......straight out of the play offs...wow......boy the packers were ready for them.
His cadence drove me bananas yesterday. No idea how those guys put up with that. :rolleyes:

Is this something new he is doing as I don't remember it before.
He did it against the Patriots, and apparently it's a thing (saw a couple of other Dallas games throughout the season). It's horribly annoying.

He did it against the Patriots, and apparently it's a thing (saw a couple of other Dallas games throughout the season). It's horribly annoying.
So we should get a recording of this and send it too you every time we need to get a response....lol

Is this something new he is doing as I don't remember it before.
Dak Prescott started using it this season I believe. I don’t remember him using it in any of the seasons prior. It’s any quarterback since I’ve seen/heard Cooper Rush use the same cadence at the end of a game when doing victory formation. Also I agree with everyone saying it’s annoying.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back