PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 17 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won 3 playoff games on the road to win his first SB. Manning has choked a gazillion times at home and million 1 and dones with a far superior offensive talent.

Peyton Manning also beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the AFC Championship game three times, show me where Aaron Rodgers has done anything like that.

Aaron Rodgers is 7-6 in the playoffs, that's pretty Manning-esque if you ask me against weaker competition.

Got it over 280 , thanks Matt, but you guys are in for a one and done.

ryan stinks in the playoffs though..
its not the same player this yr just like the giants are not the same 2007 team either.past history doesnt matter.

I doubt they get past ATL

Maybe, but Atl has often come up small in the playoffs. And their defense is poor. But former Seattle DC is now HC in Atl.

Rodgers would be by far the best qb the pats face this year. Fair question how they'd do against Rodgers, Roethlisberger, or Ryan. All names starting with the letter "R" by the way.

its not the same player this yr just like the giants are not the same 2007 team either.past history doesnt matter.
It did with Manning every year in the playoffs

Would not be concerned about GB at all. We would eat them alive on both sides of the ball.

Perfectly happy to have GB or NYG be eliminated.

Peyton Manning also beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the AFC Championship game three times, show me where Aaron Rodgers has done anything like that.
They dont play each other as much as manning and brady did so hard to show. And those 3 times - 2006, i will give you it was great. The next 2 times - pats had edelman as the only weapon and the 3rd time, really he did nothing. it was denver's defense.

ESPN's Monday Night Football was literally tongue bathing the Patriots ass hole. And massaging Brady's legendary status. Thats what these prime time games do... they over sell the stars on prime time.. or they over do it.

• Winner
Reactions: SVN
Get ready for the Rodgers for MVP media train a week before he loses to the Giants at home in his first playoff game as usual.
Rodgers wouldn't lose. It would be the coach's fault or the defense. Rodgers never does anything wrong. He would win every game if his players and coaches just did what he wanted.

Would not be concerned about GB at all. We would eat them alive on both sides of the ball.

Perfectly happy to have GB or NYG be eliminated.
I personally dont want the pats to play a mobile QB. At least in the AFC we dont have anyone i think. Maybe Alex smith a bit.

Rodgers wouldn't lose. It would be the coach's fault or the defense. Rodgers never does anything wrong. He would win every game if his players and coaches just did what he wanted.

correct, he had one lucky run and won the SB. since then he has a losing record in the postseason but nobody ever talks about that.

He won 3 playoff games on the road to win his first SB. Manning has choked a gazillion times at home and million 1 and dones even when not playing the pats with a far superior offensive talent.
Honest question - if Rodgers is such a generational talent (he is a supreme talent - just not ready to put him top 5 ever), how come he hasn't won more? He is in a division with the Lions, the Vikings, and the Bears. Playing in that division, the Packers probably should have won 12 games every year.

If Peyton Manning played in the NFC in his prime think of how many times he would of gone to the Super Bowl compared to what Rodgers has.

He went 3 times in a conference against the best coach/QB ever.

Manning had the worlds greatest teams prety much 80-90 percent of his career. Completely stacked offenses with the best free agents money could buy. Brady and Rogers have had to do more with less their entire careers, and never played in pass friendly stadiums like Manning did.

Unlike Manning, who stunk up a majority of playoff runs throughout his career Rogers has always played well. Its always because of how bad his team was where he lost. It's really only a single time in the playoffs that I can recall where I would say, yea he had a bad game there they lost b/c of him...

I personally dont want the pats to play a mobile QB. At least in the AFC we dont have anyone i think. Maybe Alex smith a bit.

Yeah I get that but they wouldn't be able to stop us and we would limit them enough even though they would get some points. We can cover them a lot better than DET did tonight and shut down the run.

Detroit is a dead team walking.

Manning had the worlds greatest teams prety much 80-90 percent of his career. Completely stacked offenses with the best free agents money could buy. Brady and Rogers have had to do more with less their entire careers, and never played in pass friendly stadiums like Manning did.

Unlike Manning, who stunk up a majority of playoff runs throughout his career Rogers has always played well. Its always because of how bad his team was where he lost. It's really only a single time in the playoffs that I can recall where I would say, yea he had a bad game there they lost b/c of him...
The difference is that Brady did more with less while Rodgers hasn't yet. Brady took an offense led at WR by Caldwell to the AFC championship game. Rodgers has never done anything that impressive.

Giants could face a row of @GB, @Dallas and @Seattle. If they do that and beat the Pats - tip your hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes