Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
AFC only:

Steve Mariucci:Steelers
Deion Sanders:Jets
Coke-Head Irvin:Steelers

Only the host,Fran Charles asked:"No love for the Patriots?......Reply was:"Terrible Secondary"

....and the No Respect train is still on track...hope BB recorded this(legally,of course):eek:

thats what I like to hear. Keep doubting and we will see you in February. Quiet Confidence

Last edited:
How can anyone still claim we have a terrible secondary? We held Rivers, Flacco, and Favre enough to win.

I'll take our secondary over the 30 year old geezers the Steelers have.

AFC only:

Only the host,Fran Charles asked:"No love for the Patriots?......Reply was:"Terrible Secondary"

....and the No Respect train is still on track...hope BB recorded this(legally,of course):eek:
Do you seriously care about what Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin have to say? When was the last time Mariucci coached a NFL team?

AFC only:

Im keeping tally of Sanders remarks about the Pats. Last week, it was 'When Moss left, I left' and this week it was the 'have you seen that secondary?' comment. I wonder if he would have the same attitude if we hadn't lost Bodden. Mccourty is doing fine as a starter. I'll give him Arrington and Butler. The safeties aren't bad either, with the exception of Merriweather playing 50 yards off of receivers.

AFC only:

i watched it too...i was mighty pissed off :mad:

Think that is bad wait until tomorrow, cup of coffee and ESPN in the morning waiting for the inevitable:

Mike and Mike, Greenie throws out how we somehow find ways to win, then Golic says our D sucked and Brady only had 1 TD but they pull through. Followed by two hours of Favre worship and how the Jets are so awesome for keeping up with the awesome Packers.

Now if we can go back to when NY beat Minny im sure it was all love for them.

I'm not sure why we care if others think that we are not yet better than two teams that we have not yet beaten.

Consider the source.

Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin are two huge 'look at me' guys

From the time they were in middle school - which is probably the last time either one of them was actually, physically inside a classroom - it was all about them. Their teams won in spite of them, not because of them. The way bspn and the rest of the media has glorified players like Sanders is sad. The end result message that most see and hear is 'it's all about me' rather than things like teamwork, working for a common goal, sacrificing personal glory in order to obtain a larger reward, etc. Showboat struts to the end zone trumps a good block or tackle 100 times to one.

Do you seriously care about what Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin have to say? When was the last time Mariucci coached a NFL team?

ummm...let me think.....Because I'm a fan,this is my team and I posted on our messageboard.
Yea,that covers it:rocker:

Good.

10 char

I see the argument for the Steelers but the Jets? really? Sanchez is garbage and their D isn't nearly as good as it was last year.

I saw the NFLN segment this morning. It's not just that they didn't have the Pats at the top, it was how dismissive they were about it. "Jets beat them." "Have you seen their secondary?" "Danny Woodhead?"

And I just saw the ESPN segment; even TJackson had to admit the Pats are getting it done - -he sure seemed dour about it, but he said it.

The Patriots have always confounded the Shiny Suit set, who just don't get it and probably never will. Well, except for the quote in my sig :)

yeah, when they asked the question i was like someone has to say we are atleast in the run now after this sunday. Nope, of course no respect at all.

Peter King has Pats at the top.

An interesting note going down the list: He has KC (5-2) at #12 and says
to need 74 minutes, at home, to beat the Buffalo Bills ... that shows the Chiefs aren't in the Premiership yet.

Yet he has Baltimore (also 5-2) at number 3. IIRC, the Raven also had to wait for OT to beat Buffalo. And they only got that far because the refs were slow to blow the whistle on forward progress, leading to a fumble.

Wade Phillips should be fired; Donovan McNabb's time up with Redskins? - Peter King - SI.com

Think that is bad wait until tomorrow, cup of coffee and ESPN in the morning waiting for the inevitable:

Mike and Mike, Greenie throws out how we somehow find ways to win, then Golic says our D sucked and Brady only had 1 TD but they pull through. Followed by two hours of Favre worship and how the Jets are so awesome for keeping up with the awesome Packers.

Now if we can go back to when NY beat Minny im sure it was all love for them.
And now Greenie is trying to recap the teams NE has beaten to downplay their record - please, please media clowns, please keep downplaying the Patriots. :rocker:

Before the became a national joke, Matt Millen was an outstanding linebacker. He is borderline Hall of Fame.

Mike Singletary is a HOF player and a lousy coach.

Great players does not translate into great staff and by definition great analysis.

The reason these guys (and many, many posters here) are so enamored with the Jets and Steelers is the idiot worship of "pressure" and "sacks". Nor do they understand the BB philosophy which brings Brian Baldinger to claim our defense is outdates.

Combine this problem with a boatload of "look at me" bigmouths on the two teams in question and these guys are in love.

The NFLN guys need to be able to point to star players as the reason why a team wins or loses. Deion kept saying it was Brady who kept it together and made plays. That's because he is the only star left. I don't agree but that's what I think they think.

And now Greenie is trying to recap the teams NE has beaten to downplay their record - please, please media clowns, please keep downplaying the Patriots. :rocker:

What's wrong with the teams the Pats have beat? Cinci was looking pretty hot coming in (and beat the Ravens the next week); @Miami, Ravens, @SD, Minnesota - -even Buffalo has taken two top teams to OT the past few weeks. Looking at the Jets sched, the only difference is they've played Denver and GB instead of SD and Cinci. (SD>GB, Cinci>Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back