PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

Why the F is Harry still on this team? Does he at least start the season on IR so the team can use that roster spot for a bag of practice balls or something 100% more productive than Harry?
Great to see you're paying attention so diligently to the team..

Harry was IRed yesterday afternoon.

Doubtful. Your posts read like the tiny, little Bagel Boss pipsqueak who got his ass kicked on camera a couple of years ago. Any monstrosity that was dumb about to marry you is probably getting spit-roasted as we speak by the yard guys.
Kontra - You're way over the line attacking his wife. That's troll level garbage and something I thought was beneath you. And yes, you fired off your shots about his wife before he said anything back..

Oh Kontra, you know me too well. lol
(Hijack)

Ashley, I can't decide if your new avatar is more:

1. Biker chick
2. 60's rocker
3. Cast of "Godspell"
4. Girl next door

I'm going with.....

...all four. :D Oh, and congratulations for whatever it was! :)

(Lojack)

So 3 below average WRs allows another Man to get open?
Look they have a guy who averaged almost 19 yds per catch. Had 8 TD and almost 900yds. And that catching balls from DCarr. Would you take that here? You have another guy who as a 3rd and 4th receiver had 50 catches at almost 14ypc. And that was with a team that had their starting QB only 6 games. And finally you the home grown kid. JMyers. Over 740yds, and 12.4 ypc.....with CAM NEWTON as his QB,.

Are any likely to be all pro. No. Are fantasy geeks rushing to pick them up? Probably not. But they all are proven contributors who should thrive in this offense. An offense that has had 20 years of UNPRECIDENTED success and had an all pro WR only 3 of those years.

Enough already about the WR's We need more depth and it remains to be seen if Harry and the PS can provide it. BTW- would I rath34 have a Julio Jones? Sure. But do we need a "#1 WR" to succeed. The last 20 years tells me, No!

Look they have a guy who averaged almost 19 yds per catch. Had 8 TD and almost 900yds. And that catching balls from DCarr. Would you take that here? You have another guy who as a 3rd and 4th receiver had 50 catches at almost 14ypc. And that was with a team that had their starting QB only 6 games. And finally you the home grown kid. JMyers. Over 740yds, and 12.4 ypc.....with CAM NEWTON as his QB,.

Are any likely to be all pro. No. Are fantasy geeks rushing to pick them up? Probably not. But they all are proven contributors who should thrive in this offense. An offense that has had 20 years of UNPRECIDENTED success and had an all pro WR only 3 of those years.

Enough already about the WR's We need more depth and it remains to be seen if Harry and the PS can provide it. BTW- would I rath34 have a Julio Jones? Sure. But do we need a "#1 WR" to succeed. The last 20 years tells me, No!

Easy to take the emphasis off the WR position when we had the best TE of all-time from 2010-18, and the difference when he was out was huge. Yes, they won in 2016 with Edelman and a great team, but usually they didn’t have enough to overcome his absence.

We don’t have that player any more.

I don’t care if it’s a field stretching WR, a dominant quick guy like Edelman, a great TE, or even a dominant RB like Derrick Henry.

In all cases, having an alpha as one of your skill players forces defenses to account and makes it easier for complementary players. Not having an alpha is tough. Maybe 17 years ago, in 2004, that wasn’t the case when offenses could play for field position and defenses were more correlated to winning. Nowadays, the late playoff rounds are filled with big time skill players at WR, TE, etc.

It’s possible that one of the additions will step up. Algohor is the best candidate but not a sure thing.

Doubtful. Your posts read like the tiny, little Bagel Boss pipsqueak who got his ass kicked on camera a couple of years ago. Any monstrosity that was dumb about to marry you is probably getting spit-roasted as we speak by the yard guys.

Only a true classless scumbag could conjure up a post like that, so I’m going to change my mind and guess that you are divorced…maybe more than once.

Only a true classless scumbag could conjure up a post like that, so I’m going to change my mind and guess that you are divorced…maybe more than once.
You mad? You’re swinging at air here and not landing anything. I’m 35. Not enough time to get divorced multiple times. My tolerance for stupidity and asswipes like yourself aside, I’m also generally an easy guy to be around. So I doubt that’s in the cards. You’re… what? 45, you said? And you’re getting into pithy little fights on the Internet like this over a hobby like football. You won’t even need a divorce. If your wife read your posts on here, she’d run into oncoming traffic with the mascara dripping down her portly face. Don’t like me saying that? Then don’t go there with me. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air. You’re out of your depth.

Why the F is Harry still on this team? Does he at least start the season on IR so the team can use that roster spot for a bag of practice balls or something 100% more productive than Harry?
An inactive roster spot isn't all that useful at this point. Later, the spots are usefully used for players who are dinged and need to be out for a couple of games.

I’d love to see us trade for Cooks.

I think he fits well with Mac Jones' style (well... at least what we hope and assume will be Mac Jones' style), and wouldn't have a steep learning curve coming back to this offense. I'm all for it, so long as his price isn't still a first rounder.

I think he fits well with Mac Jones' style (well... at least what we hope and assume will be Mac Jones' style), and wouldn't have a steep learning curve coming back to this offense. I'm all for it, so long as his price isn't still a first rounder.
Hard to see how it would be. The contract is doable as well. He would significantly change the entire complexion of the offense, take some of the pressure off Agholor to be *that guy*, and they both would open the field up for Meyers, the TEs, White/Taylor, and the ground game in general (depending on the personnel grouping). I doubt it happens, but a guy can hope.

Hard to see how it would be. The contract is doable as well. He would significantly change the entire complexion of the offense, take some of the pressure off Agholor to be *that guy*, and they both would open the field up for Meyers, the TEs, White/Taylor, and the ground game in general (depending on the personnel grouping). I doubt it happens, but a guy can hope.

I doubt it too, but there's a LOT that could work out in that regard. There's a BB/Caserio connection, but also Bill had some pretty positive things to say about Cooks in interviews while he was here. Not just press conferences where Sour Bill holds court, but more candid ones with guys like Dale Arnold. I think he really liked the kid, something just didn't mesh at the time... and really, that's been the story of Cooks' career to this point.

Of course, this is all moot if the Texans aren't seriously looking to trade him. If they are though, we make as much sense as anyone.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back