PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I don't like being the Debbie downer on any topic really, but the Bucs are really a bad football team right now. Can that change? Maybe, but I've yet to see them play a good game since Week 1 honestly.
Ranking NFC Teams:

01. Philadelphia Eagles
02. San Francisco 49ers
03. Dallas Cowboys
04. Minnesota Vikings
05. Tampa Bay Bucs
06. New York Giants
07. Seattle Seahawks
08. Los Angeles Rams
09. Green Bay Packers
10. New Orleans Saints
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Atlanta Falcons
14. Washington Commanders
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Detroit Lions

1-3 are comfortably at the top.
Minnesota is clearly at 4.
5-10 are close but each has definite weaknesses.
Arizona has underachieved.
Chicago has a slight glimmer of hope (for the future).
13-16 are just bad.

Overall the NFC is pretty weak this season. Anyone of the top 5 teams (including Tampa Bay) can get hot at the right time and make a run in the postseason. I'm not a believer in the Giants or Seahawks. The Rams and Packers have had real disappointing seasons and probably don't have the horses to get it done. The bottom 7 teams aren't doing anything this season.

Ranking NFC Teams:

01. Philadelphia Eagles
02. San Francisco 49ers
03. Dallas Cowboys
04. Minnesota Vikings
05. Tampa Bay Bucs
06. New York Giants
07. Seattle Seahawks
08. Los Angeles Rams
09. Green Bay Packers
10. New Orleans Saints
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Atlanta Falcons
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Detroit Lions

13-16 are just bad.

Overall the NFC is pretty weak this season. Anyone of the top 5 teams (including Tampa Bay) can get hot at the right time and make a run in the postseason. I'm not a believer in the Giants or Seahawks. The Rams and Packers have had real disappointing seasons and probably don't have the horses to get it done. The bottom 7 teams aren't doing anything this season.
They lost to Panthers/Steelers bro two of the worst teams in the league. They need to start winning for me to even think they have a shot. Still long season though I agree there

If Gage hasn’t practiced for two weeks why the **** was he playing games before that when he was clearly hurt. Idiotic franchise can’t think let’s let him rest so we have him at 100% by week 5

They lost to Panthers/Steelers bro two of the worst teams in the league. They need to start winning for me to even think they have a shot. Still long season though I agree there
The loss to the Panthers was a team embarrassment. Defense got embarrassed by Trubisky in Pittsburgh. The offense lost the Green Bay game. Kansas City and Baltimore are better teams. Obviously if they don't start winning then we assuredly can say they suck. But as of right now I don't think it's a talent issue. Their secondary is always a question but they have enough talent on that side of the ball to be competitive. Devin White should lose a game check if he puts in another effort like against Baltimore. They need to be more physical and determined up front... they can't be getting smacked around by the running game anymore.

Any offense with Brady, Evans, Godwin and Jones should be dangerous. Any week that all 4 of these guys are on the field the offense should be scoring 25+ points. Maybe Fournette is suddenly washed up over night but either way he has been mostly terrible. The banged up o-line isn't run blocking well either so that's a bad combination. The rookie Rachaad White seems to have potential explosiveness so I'd like to see him much more involved in the offensive.

Bowles is so bad he's a problem. I was hoping his ineptness wouldn't show but that hasn't been the case. He's not going anywhere this season so it is what it is. Leftwich and Brady should be able to get the offense clicking more. And as has been said many times already, they need to figure out the red zone.

If they don't win the division then it's a massive fail.

Ranking NFC Teams:

01. Philadelphia Eagles
02. San Francisco 49ers
03. Dallas Cowboys
04. Minnesota Vikings
05. Tampa Bay Bucs
06. New York Giants
07. Seattle Seahawks
08. Los Angeles Rams
09. Green Bay Packers
10. New Orleans Saints
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Atlanta Falcons
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Detroit Lions

13-16 are just bad.

I mean, they lost to your #9 & #15. Your #13 is leading the division. They currently are the #10 seed in the NFC but you have them at #5? You're starting to sound just as delusional as the blind Patriot homers.

I would sandwich them between Rams & GB at #8, at best. Maybe even #9.

If they lose on Sunday, their season is effectively over.

I mean, they lost to your #9 & #15. Your #13 is leading the division. They currently are the #10 seed in the NFC but you have them at #5? You're starting to sound just as delusional as the blind Patriot homers.

Agreed.

They have to prove it on the field

I know who beat who, I'm not ranking their records, I'm ranking their potential. Carolina's roster isn't on par with Tampa Bay's. And their quarterback is P.J. Walker. Carolina has no chance whatsoever of making the postseason. Hence why it was an embarrassment to lose to them. I said 5-10 are close but each has definite weaknesses so I don't have Tampa Bay significantly higher than Green Bay. However, Green Bay is probably stuck behind Minnesota in their division so that leaves them with a possible wild card. Rodgers, with that team, isn't going anywhere in the postseason on the road.

Besides, you called me out, then agreed the Bucs are better than the three teams you questioned me about. Again, rearrange 5-10 if you'd like, there's not much argument there. I just feel like when it comes to postseason potential, Brady and the Bucs slot in ahead of everyone below 5.

I know who beat who, I'm not ranking their records, I'm ranking their potential. Carolina's roster isn't on par with Tampa Bay's. And their quarterback is P.J. Walker. Carolina has no chance whatsoever of making the postseason. Hence why it was an embarrassment to lose to them. I said 5-10 are close but each has definite weaknesses so I don't have Tampa Bay significantly higher than Green Bay. However, Green Bay is probably stuck behind Minnesota in their division so that leaves them with a possible wild card. Rodgers, with that team, isn't going anywhere in the postseason on the road.

Besides, you called me out, then agreed the Bucs are better than the three teams you questioned me about. Again, rearrange 5-10 if you'd like, there's not much argument there. I just feel like when it comes to postseason potential, Brady and the Bucs slot in ahead of everyone below 5.
When the Bucs lose, it's bad coaching, defense, injuries etc, but when the Bucs win it's because of how good Brady is. Don't you think when they are losing that he deserves a little of the blame? I just don't get that.

When the Bucs lose, it's bad coaching, defense, injuries etc, but when the Bucs win it's because of how good Brady is. Don't you think when they are losing that he deserves a little of the blame? I just don't get that.
Yeah he hasn't played well the past 3 weeks specially vs the Ravens. That was his worst game this season. Ironically the offense scored more points in his stinker than they have every game besides the Chiefs game lol

I agree you can’t have it both ways. I believe that roughly 80% of NFL rosters are on the bell curve where they’re fairly similar in terms of overall talent, and the difference between the teams is the quarterback. And coaching is overrated.

Brady is just not good this year. However, this is an insanely weird season so far. When NFL experts have Geno Smith as a top 5 QB, the Bucs, Packers, and Rams all below .500 while crap teams seem to excelling, I don’t what the heck is going on around the league. Maybe defenses are changing drastically. But it’s fair to say that a lot of QBs are confused and trying to figure it out too. Or maybe Brady’s struggles are tearing a hole in the NFL’s space-time fabric and warping it into a bizarro alternative universe. Down is up. Up is down.

Well, have you watched their games? Ill-prepared, undisciplined and uninspired... hello Todd Bowles. Almost too seems like Leftwich is calling losing plays on purpose. Offense can't run the ball at all, historically bad, literally. Defense can't stop anyone when the team absolutely needs it. These aren't Brady issues. He also isn't responsible for the health of the team. All that said, I have pointed out that Brady needs to play better, especially in the red zone. The pass offense is totally fine between the 20's. The unusually poor red zone performance is really holding down their production and Brady's numbers. Overall he looks fine though, no issues with decline, looks mechanically sound, expected strength and accuracy on his throws. But yes, he deserves a little of the blame for their poor record.

Brady is just not good this year.
Statistically his numbers are decent... he leads the NFL in attempts and completions yet he has the fewest INTs (1) and the lowest INT% (0.3%). He's 2nd in yards and 3rd in first down completions (Mahomes and Burrow are 1 & 2). He's 2nd in completed air yards (total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught).

All that despite the Bucs having the worst running game in the NFL by far. 32nd (last) in yards, 32nd in yards per attempt, and 30th in TDs. Fournette is 10th in attempts but 25th in yards, 49th in yards per attempt, and 29th in rushing yards after contact per rush.

Offense has had a lot of problems, obviously... red zone, short yardage, running, pass and run blocking, play-calling, injuries. Brady contributes to some of that but he's far from the biggest concern.

I agree you can’t have it both ways. I believe that roughly 80% of NFL rosters are on the bell curve where they’re fairly similar in terms of overall talent, and the difference between the teams is the quarterback. And coaching is overrated.

Brady is just not good this year. However, this is an insanely weird season so far. When NFL experts have Geno Smith as a top 5 QB, the Bucs, Packers, and Rams all below .500 while crap teams seem to excelling, I don’t what the heck is going on around the league. Maybe defenses are changing drastically. But it’s fair to say that a lot of QBs are confused and trying to figure it out too. Or maybe Brady’s struggles are tearing a hole in the NFL’s space-time fabric and warping it into a bizarro alternative universe. Down is up. Up is down.
I think the divorce definitely has messed with his head. He's missing throws he usually makes. There's no drop off physically from what I've seen it's all mental

You are what your record says you are.

Busy couple of weeks, so my posting has been way down, and that will continue this week. Good to see Davis and Hicks back at practice, though.

Statistically his numbers are decent... he leads the NFL in attempts and completions yet he has the fewest INTs (1) and the lowest INT% (0.3%). He's 2nd in yards and 3rd in first down completions (Mahomes and Burrow are 1 & 2). He's 2nd in completed air yards (total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught).

All that despite the Bucs having the worst running game in the NFL by far. 32nd (last) in yards, 32nd in yards per attempt, and 30th in TDs. Fournette is 10th in attempts but 25th in yards, 49th in yards per attempt, and 29th in rushing yards after contact per rush.

Offense has had a lot of problems, obviously... red zone, short yardage, running, pass and run blocking, play-calling, injuries. Brady contributes to some of that but he's far from the biggest concern.

Sure, the Bucs don’t have a great overall supporting cast, but just looking at the offense, we’ve seen Tom do much more with much less. He isn’t horrible, but this is one of the few times in his career that he’s been unable to elevate the team solely by his own greatness.

Full participation this is huge I still belive in the talent not the coaches to get this done. Hicks looked good when he played bucs will need him to stay healthy and he run game will be fine with hicks/Vea and both starting CB are playing at an elite level.

On offense they need to get gage health forget about Julio till he proves you wrong I belive the line will be fine now that they benched the rookie that will help things and for the love of god start White over that fat RB you over paid.

Brady wasn't kidding when he says everyone wants to be Gronk.

That guy is blessed with everything. No wonder he doesn't want to come back to football. Even with his best buddy crying on the phone begging him back.I

Ranking NFC Teams:

01. Philadelphia Eagles
02. San Francisco 49ers
03. Dallas Cowboys
04. Minnesota Vikings
05. Tampa Bay Bucs
06. New York Giants
07. Seattle Seahawks
08. Los Angeles Rams
09. Green Bay Packers
10. New Orleans Saints
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Atlanta Falcons
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Detroit Lions

13-16 are just bad.

Below is my ranking for the NFC with the differences listed to the right. One of the problems doing this is the totally different schedules each team plays. Is the East really that strong or are they benefitting from playing a weak schedule?

After I ranked all 32 teams it gave me a total for each division. The AFCE was 39 and the AFCS was a whopping 92. I've been doing this for a while and I don't remember one division being that putrid, although the NFCE was close the last few years. If you were a NFC team who would you rather play, Mia, Buf, NE and NJ or Hou, Ind, Jac and Tenn?

01. Philadelphia Eagles
02. San Francisco 49ers - 5
03. Dallas Cowboys - 2
04. Minnesota Vikings - 3
05. Tampa Bay Bucs - 8
06. New York Giants
07. Seattle Seahawks - 4
08. Los Angeles Rams - 7
09. Green Bay Packers
10. New Orleans Saints - 13
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Chicago Bears - 14
13. Atlanta Falcons - 10
14. Washington Commanders - 12
15. Carolina Panthers
16. Detroit Lions

The players always deserve the blame after losses. There are occasional exceptions though. Last year's ridiculous defensive call by Bowles vs the Rams is an example.

Brady fans and Belichick fans think the same way. If there's a struggle with something we expect it to be someone else. In B&B We Trust

As for coaching on the Pats, I'm a little concerned about Matt Patricia. It doesn't look like he's doing a very good job with the offense.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back