PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what do you do if the Jets trade their pick?

C'mon your guy is there, you take them.

If anything this is about money.
Is this Adam Jones?

Quinton Johnston to the LAC. Receiver run is starting.

I don’t think i read a mock draft that had gonzalez going any lower than 7 or 8. Still in shock we went with the obvious choice!
I was scrolling through the "best available" lists on various sites, fully expecting NE to take someone with a 2nd round grade, then they pick the guy who is #1 on everybody's list. Amazing!

yeah . but would you take Heartbeat in a lockett?
pass
Im Not No Way GIF

Flowers is going to get his name called soon. Wouldn't surprise me to see them move up to get him. He is the best receiver in the draft IMO.
If they can package 46 and some mid rounders to get him that’s a home run on day1.

Bill screwed the green rats then snagged a corner slated to go top 10...and picked up an extra 4th....what's the problem?
BB, nuff said (if you read this board)

The pats were a CB1 away from having arguably the best defense in the NFL. They had to get out of zone coverage & return to a cover 1 man defense.

Judon, Uche, Barmore, Wise with Gonzalez, Jones x3, Dugger, Phillips & Mills may be their best pass rush & coverage combo of the BB era. A homerun pick with the assets to move up later.

Any good ilb prospects we can trade up for coming up here? Id like to see an upgrade there and this d would be scary

And what do you do if the Jets trade their pick?

C'mon your guy is there, you take them.

If anything this is about money.
Youy see a lot of tems scrambling to trade up? Also, there were three, at least, CBs left worth drafting.

BB, nuff said (if you read this board)
The ones *****ing quickly either quietly slid out the back door or went on to ***** about other things.

Any good ilb prospects we can trade up for coming up here? Id like to see an upgrade there and this d would be scary
Dayan Henley is going to be an excellent LB in this league but no one has him as a 1st rounder. Some don't even like him as a 2nd rounder. I do.

I'd trade two 4ths and a 2024 2nd to move up here for Zay...

CBS sports had Gonzalez as the number 7 overall prospect in the draft.
Great complement to the current roster of undersized scrappy guys.
Biggest knock is that he needs better coaching - and the Pats have a pretty solid (not perfect) record of coaching young corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back