PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets worse every year. I don't mind the special presentations, like Make a Wish kids and what not. But when the pick is in and the next team is already 5 minutes into their clock, but we don't hear it because the HOUSE BAND has to finish playing a crappy cover song, it feels like they're deliberately wasting my time.

Tighten the first round up to a clean 3 hours (like an NFL game), and it'd be 100x better.
The Jonas Brothers alone cost us 10 minutes of our lives. I'm convinced they delayed the announcement for their interview

He's certainly got the physical ability, but he was on TV a bunch down here last year, and after watching him, I was sort of surprised people were so high on him. Although, my daughter went to FSU, and Jameis Winston was also a turnover machine there...and I remember not liking him and was surprised he went as high as he did. Great arm, but just a careless player.
Also a tough player though. You can coach carelessness out of a player some of the time.

Reactions: Ian
Gonzalez certainly fits a need, and he is a man to man corner. The PAC 10 competition is the only thing that worries me. N’Keal lit up the PAC 10.

Can’t really complain about take one of the tip CBs.
Agreed, and that doesn’t make anyone a hater if they question the competition faced. Obviously he’s uber athletic and I’m happy they got him at 17. They’ve had success coaching up cbs all the way up to the udfA level so this one should be a piece of cake for coaching staff.

This is an absolutely terrible take. I am serious. Are you Adam Jones? Only his takes are this bad.

It's terrible for those who lack critical thinking skills and for those who don't bother to introduce them self before they throw an insult your way.

LOL, Patriots actually got an "A" for this pick by CBS Sports. Shocker.
Made my Pats fan ego feel good seeing that. But then saw they gave the Lions over reach on Campbell an A+?

Reactions: Ian
Harrison off the board. Still got Mathew Bergeron, Dawand Jones, Cofy Mauch, Breeland, Steen, Robinson. Plus two really good centers

It's terrible for those who lack critical thinking skills and for those who don't bother to introduce them self before they throw an insult your way.
Hi my name is Ed. I do have critical thinking skills. I believe you think critical thinking means you have to find fault in any obscure way you can. It isn't FYI.

probably a good pick at 17.Overall it seems like this team will need 2-3 years of solid drafting in order for overall talent level to be on same level as top half of the league.

Honestly, Bill may be banned from drafting Hooker. Kraft knows the jokes would be too easy and they'd never end.
Also no Trayvon Hards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST