PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these notifications from those who disagree with me still haven't made clear what happens if Bill doesn't get his guy, or worse you don't like the guy he picked.

My point remains.
If he takes him at 14 and nobody takes another DB until the 20s you complain that he could have gotten him later. My point remains, you are looking for something to complain about. Don't deal I'm hypothetical situations, deal with facts.

Can't believe this took over 4 hours and it wasn't even a full 32 picks. I probably won't watch next year.

Tonight Tom Brady sets a new NFL record for being the first player drafted in the 6th round and then 23 years later drafted in the 1st round.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
All these notifications from those who disagree with me still haven't made clear what happens if Bill doesn't get his guy, or worse you don't like the guy he picked.

My point remains.
But he did…so why would I want to torture myself by focusing on a scenario that would make myself upset…? That’s almost like focusing on a play in a game where the team won but a player made a risky decision that worked out. Rather than take the win, I’d have to focus on the fact they might have lost. That sounds like zero fun to me…?

If he takes him at 14 and nobody takes another DB until the 20s you complain that he could have gotten him later. My point remains, you are looking for something to complain about. Don't deal I'm hypothetical situations, deal with facts.

What is the fact? That Bill got his man? The he got him cheaper? That he got the 4th?

I have no problem with the pick.

But he did…so why would I want to torture myself by focusing on a scenario that would make myself upset…? That’s almost like focusing on a play in a game where the team won but a player made a risky decision that worked out. Rather than take the win, I’d have to focus on the fact they might have lost. That sounds like zero fun to me…?
Sounds like Boston Sports Radio to me.

I'm not upset. The circle jerking tweets were annoying.

Can't believe this took over 4 hours and it wasn't even a full 32 picks. I probably won't watch next year.
Just be glad 31 teams didn't take the full 10 minutes.

My point remains.
Sorry you didn't get to dump on Bill tonight, I know it must be hard. Maybe tomorrow something will break your way.

Sorry you didn't get to dump on Bill tonight, I know it must be hard. Maybe tomorrow something will break your way.

I have such a long and historic history of dumping on Bill :oops:

I'm not upset. The circle jerking tweets were annoying.
This isn’t a new practice. Bill has been doing this for years and does seem to have better intel and a better staff around him. Just be glad he’s finally been willing to delegate more and they’ve done better at this the last two years…or at least through night one, anyway. As @Ross12 said, we’ll see how tomorrow and Saturday goes.

Being happy that your team got a consensus great player AND added a pick is now a ***********.

Brotherhood of the miserable, if I ever heard it.

I can't really take it 6 ways to Sunday from the uninitiated so I'll end it here.

Bill got his cake and gets to eat it too. Even though he took a unnecessary risk.

If you can't comprehend the point and simply want to disagree with it then you're really only interested in trying to slam dunk on me. Which in this case, you missed.

The pats don’t need another DB but brian branch shouldn’t be a 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back