PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL 2023 Post Game Thread: Week 16 - NE @ DEN

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Again. What has Bill done as a head coach WITHOUT Brady?

Youre point is that Bill can do what he wants cause the success speaks for it self. My point is that without Brady that's not true.

We know it's not true. It's not an opinion.
Most of his career is with Brady, his was he supposed to do something without brady while he had Brady?

If Brady never came along the patriots still win multiple SBs from 2001-2018

And Brady has said the same about belichick.
He also said recently it’s hard to see the Patriots without BB coaching them. That’s a bit short of a rousing endorsement there for the status quo moving forward for the team.

Yeah. A coaching job is not a lifetime achievement award. I mean… maybe we should sign Joe Montana as our QB right now cause he won a bunch of SB’s?
You’ve already been educated on the ignorance of that statement. A few times.

You’ve already been educated on the ignorance of that statement. A few times.
No I don’t think so. It’s the same argument. Montana was a great QB that doesn’t mean he’s the best QB option for the team now. BB’s championships have him as the coach of a 4-11 team right now so a lot of good they did.

And nobody ever said BB was always a crap coach.

Most of his career is with Brady, his was he supposed to do something without brady while he had Brady?

Not a whole lot of evidence to back that up in the last 4 seasons.

Sb1 won the debate. Bill own take is enough for me.

Reactions: sb1
Philly has gotten some BS calls in their favor today. The hunts tackle in bounds that should’ve ended the half and now getting away with an offsides to kill the drive.

Ok. And we would have finished the season, injury depleted and winning 4 of 5 against 4 playoff contenders and the jets. That will do more for the direction if the franchise than a few slots in the draft.
No it won’t. Next years team won’t give a **** about this years results. Even in the off chance they do care, it will be beaten into them that next year is dofferent from this year and everyone is 0-0. The only thing it will do for this years team is give them a full offseason of buts, shoulda coulda wouldas and what-ifs.

No I don’t think so. It’s the same argument. Montana was a great QB that doesn’t mean he’s the best QB option for the team now. BB’s championships have him as the coach of a 4-11 team right now so a lot of good they did.

And nobody ever said BB was always a crap coach.
Montana was a great qb based upon physical skills that decline with age. Coaching dies not depend upon physical skills.

Again. What has Bill done as a head coach WITHOUT Brady?

Youre point is that Bill can do what he wants cause the success speaks for it self. My point is that without Brady that's not true.

We know it's not true. It's not a opinion.
His success and career includes the years Brady was here. You can’t just ignore them.

No it won’t. Next years team won’t give a **** about this years results. Even in the off chance they do care, it will be beaten into them that next year is dofferent from this year and everyone is 0-0. The only thing it will do for this years team is give them a full offseason of buts, shoulda coulda wouldas and what-ifs.
May if he players will be the same. Humans are an accumulation of their experiences.
Humans do not absorb things by “having it beaten into them” as they do by experiencing.

Not a whole lot of evidence to back that up in the last 4 seasons.
It’s not the same team the last 4 seasons it was in those years. All of the player are different. These years would give no indication one way or another about those years.

This group just isn't for losing which tells me we're not a million miles away from being a 10 win team. A QB room of The Zapp, Daniels/Nix/Whoever + a vet (Jacoby?) should get us back on track. We have more than enough cap room to strengthen where we need to strengthen.
Yes, we would be a 10 win team with Brissette, Zappe and a Round 1 QB.

We would need to re-sign or replace our free agents.

His success and career includes the years Brady was here. You can’t just ignore them.

No one is ignoring them. Brady isn't here anymore and if Bill can't win at the level he used to then it's more than fair to question if he's the guy for the job. I'm not interested in forever job just cause he's the best of all time. Is he the best for the job now? That's what I care about.
Brady said the same thing about belichick.

Because Bill IS the best coach of all time.

Next season there will be a bunch of posters saying “You’re making things up. I don’t think there was ever a single Mac Jones supporter on this board.”

At least it’s safe to say that after such classics as “Tom Brady is no longer a top 5 quarterback” and “Mac Jones is actually good” for three years straight, we’ll never have to read any of Rob’s QB takes ever again.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back