PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats at best, treaded water yesterday. At this point, the team is not any better than last year's team, which may I remind you, went 4-13.

Brissett is a slight upgrade over Mac/Bailey. Brown is gone. Still devoid of any weapons and tackles.
Yesterday. And they reset last year's roster, mostly, by signing a few of their own and/or getting suitable replacements for those leaving (Takitaki for Wilson, for example).

They still have a lot of money to spend and the positions of most need, while weak, haven't been touched yet.

They were 4-13 last year with a brutal schedule, a ton of injuries, locker room grumbling (particularly on the O), and with a few losses on the sinking shoulders of their QB.

The first should be better, can't do anything about the second, the third seems to be fixed, and the 4th - Brissett should play light-years better than Mac Zappe.

We'll see how Mayo coaches in games, but I think this team could win twice the games as last year right now.

The grade for FA is INCOMPLETE.

Let's see how Dugger works out.
Let's see if Simmons or some other FS joins, or maybe Hunter.
Let's see if they get a tackle (has anyone made a move at Trent Brown yet?).

I’m really on the fence with the WR position.
On one hand, I’m on board with signing a Ridley or Brown and then drafting a guy on day 2.

The other part is on board with going young, drafting something like:
3: Daniels/Maye
34: Legette/Mitchell
68: Corley

And letting them build together.
Nice Corley reminds me of Jarvis Landry. :cool:

[Edit - appears to be a fake account}

I wouldn’t like this to be true. It would be like the Pats are announcing that they are picking QB at #3.

Not exactly the actions of a skilled poker player.

Yesterday. And they reset last year's roster, mostly, by signing a few of their own and/or getting suitable replacements for those leaving (Takitaki for Wilson, for example).

They still have a lot of money to spend and the positions of most need, while weak, haven't been touched yet.

They were 4-13 last year with a brutal schedule, a ton of injuries, locker room grumbling (particularly on the O), and with a few losses on the sinking shoulders of their QB.

The first should be better, can't do anything about the second, the third seems to be fixed, and the 4th - Brissett should play light-years better than Mac Zappe.

We'll see how Mayo coaches in games, but I think this team could win twice the games as last year right now.

The grade for FA is INCOMPLETE.

Let's see how Dugger works out.
Let's see if Simmons or some other FS joins, or maybe Hunter.
Let's see if they get a tackle (has anyone made a move at Trent Brown yet?).
Imagine signing him back and put him @ RT and have our new Rookies play LT Right Side would be all set with Brown and Onwenu.:cool:

I wouldn’t like this to be true. It would be like the Pats are announcing that they are picking QB at #3.

Not exactly the actions of a skilled poker player.
Maybe Wolf is not sold on the Top QB's in this Draft and will Trade Down to get more picks while grabbing a Nix or Penix Jr along the way.

The backup QB market is now falling into place.

Others have said this before, but I think both the WR and LT markets are waiting for the big guns (Smith, Ridley) to get their deals, and that'll set the market for all the deals for other WRs and LTs to fall into place behind them. Kind of like we saw with the guard market yesterday and the QBs after Cousins got his deal.

Imagine signing him back and put him @ RT and have our new Rookies play LT Right Side would be all set with Brown and Onwenu.:cool:
I suspect that a lot of his problems last had to do with BB. If the resentment isn’t too deep (it probably is, both ways), he is a similar option to Smith. Great when healthy, rarely healthy!

IF we get Calvin Ridley or Tee Higgins with who we already have we can get a Day 3 WR with upside and there will be many to choose from.:cool:

Ricky Pearsall
Brenden Rice
Jacob Cowing
Jalen McMillan
Malik Washington

I'd much rather have MHJ or Odunze for Brissette to throw to than having a Rookie QB, Ridley and one of those.

I suspect that a lot of his problems last had to do with BB. If the resentment isn’t too deep (it probably is, both ways), he is a similar option to Smith. Great when healthy, rarely healthy!
Mount Brown is a heck of alot younger too.

Others have said this before, but I think both the WR and LT markets are waiting for the big guns (Smith, Ridley) to get their deals, and that'll set the market for all the deals for other WRs and LTs to fall into place behind them. Kind of like we saw with the guard market yesterday and the QBs after Cousins got his deal.

Why do people think that Tyron Smith is a "big gun" for LT? The guy is 33 (34 in December), hasn't played a full season in 8 years and has missed 37 games over the last 4. He's the Reily Reiff of this year's free agency.. The guy you know is going to get hurt and miss a good portion of the season. He's the kind of signing you hope the Jets make because you know that Judon is likely to be able to feast on his replacement.

Why do people think that Tyron Smith is a "big gun" for LT? The guy is 33 (34 in December), hasn't played a full season in 8 years and has missed 37 games over the last 4. He's the Reily Reiff of this year's free agency.. The guy you know is going to get hurt and miss a good portion of the season. He's the kind of signing you hope the Jets make because you know that Judon is likely to be able to feast on his replacement.
Because the LT market gets much worse after him and Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back