PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

I'll give you Oregon, ND and Arkansas. I don't consider the rest to be a strong slate at all with the exception of Boise but even Boise never really plays anyone.

Regardless, Freeland struggled mightily in those practices against better competition.
I myself prefer Dawand Jones, Duncan, C. Warren and Mclendon before Freeland. All four played in big conferences and fared well. But if we pick Freeland if the others are gone then I'm ok with it and see what coaching brings out of him.

Perry, Wheaton Isovias

A punter, And qb in the 5th 6th range.

Pass catching RB.
LB
OL
Is Trice still on the board?

The 4th rounders will be on the 53 man roster, so it should follow they will be at positions with available spots on the 53.

As I see it, those would be a 5th WR, a 3rd TE, a 5th CB (3rd outside corner, 4th OT and or 5th G/C or best punter available (who can also handle kickoffs).

The 6th rounder and 7th rounders kept would be your developmental QB etc. as those players will usually make it to the practice squad.
I could see us trading up for the DT, not one of your positions.

You mention AVAILABLE SLOTS. I think that there are more, included backup DT.

Dawand Jones was 374 pounds at the combine and then refused to weigh in at his pro day. How bad could it possibly have been that the current wonder and uncertainty was deemed to be the better result?

The 4th rounders will be on the 53 man roster, so it should follow they will be at positions with available spots on the 53.

As I see it, those would be a 5th WR, a 3rd TE, a 5th CB (3rd outside corner, 4th OT and or 5th G/C or best punter available (who can also handle kickoffs).

The 6th rounder and 7th rounders kept would be your developmental QB etc. as those players will usually make it to the practice squad.
I think this is a good way to look at things. I would also add interior defensive tackle as a position that could use an addition. I think White is going to play a role similar to Wise, a player in a similar role to Guy or Uche could be helpful as well.

Looking at all the available CB’s still on the board you got to realize this position was stacked this year. Too bad the Pats don’t have more room for these leftovers.

The toughest part of day three is finding out what was exchanged in a trade.

We hear the trade details in the first 3 rounds, but we need to find the detail of 4-7 round trades

4 4ths for Jeudy. Ya right.

Ot Breeland
Ot D Jones
Ot J Duncan
Ot Waren
Ot McFadden
OT Witt

C Wypler
C Gaines

G Vorhees
G Zavala
G Curtis
G Ekiyor
G Daniels

FB Luepke

RB evans

Wr BF Wheaton
WR Perry
WR Palmer
WR Scott
WR C Jones
WR Losivas
WR R Bell

TE Kuntz
TE Wyle
TE Mallory

LB Sewell
LB Pace
LB To’o to

CB Ringo
CB Phillips
CB Rush
CB J Jones
CB Ricks

S Smith
S Dean
S Hickman

DT Ojomo
DT Stills
Give me any of these players:

Dawand Jones
AT Perry
Luke Wypler
Andrew Vorhees
Blake Freeland
Jaelyn Duncan
Sean Tucker
Zack Kuntz
Trey Palmer

also a punter and kicker
I’d like Sewell added to the list. Some good talent. Get me Korscak or however you spell his amen, throw a flier at moody and let’s go.

*d%#*!@t. Just saw on the pre show that Moody got picked last night. In the 3rd rd?!?! Reaaaaly?

Last edited:
Anybody drinking yet?

My day 3 binkie is Andre Carter, USMA.
I have to admit, I completely forgot he was out there. Earlier this year some had a 1-2 round ratings on him.

I could see us trading up for the DT, not one of your positions.

You mention AVAILABLE SLOTS. I think that there are more, included backup DT.
Any names in mind? I like Ojomo, or Brooks. I think Adebawore will be a dt/de hybrid so I’d count him too.

Dawand Jones was 374 pounds at the combine and then refused to weigh in at his pro day. How bad could it possibly have been that the current wonder and uncertainty was deemed to be the better result?
Whoa!! For real? He refused to weigh in? Is there a link for that?

Finding trade partners is one of the biggest question marks for today.

At the top of the 2nd, almost no one wanted to trade down.

I think that it will be difficult to trade up of a player on Offense. Quality players are scarce.

Finding trade partners is one of the biggest question marks for today.

At the top of the 2nd, almost no one wanted to trade down.

I think that it will be difficult to trade up of a player on Offense. Quality players are scarce.
Luckily 3 of the 4 are actually early

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back