PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS OT Calvin Anderson revises contract

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Honestly though, unless they hit on two OT's in this draft, a swing tackle could be really useful. Let's hope he can bounce back and be that, I'd be thrilled.
I would love it if he can be a reliable swing tackle. Unfortunately I just assume that's his ceiling.

The Pats may end up having the best swing tackle roster in the League.
Well that’s something to write home about ..

He could be a solid contributor if healthy, the only thing he lacks is ideal size and length. He’s a superb athlete and strong, if he can’t start at tackle they can always use him inside at guard.

Last edited:
The very thought of keeping Anderson.

Eyeroll Ugh GIF
The thought of a #3/4 tackle option causing you this much grief…
Ifeelbad GIF by Paramount Network

I’ll take Anderson over Lowe any day and that saying a lot as bad as the T position was all year.
And if it was the vax as someone “suggested” I doubt the league will let him speak out against it. It’s how it is until he no longer is employed by the nfl. I don’t think it was the issue though.

OT is a disaster league-wide. Quick, name the best one in the league that is under age 30. This is why you see 5+ OT prospects taken in the 1st round and another 5+ in the 2nd round ever year. It’s very much like the QB situation, the college game at this point is so different from the NFL and so the onus falls on the position coaches to get them ready quickly. In more cases than not, the guys like Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Smith, Raimann, and Penning struggle and the drumbeat for their replacement starts. The Pats have made things even harder on themselves by coupling ****ty OL coaching with very low talent at OT.

Anderson and Wheatley are talented, much more so I think than McDermott, Lowe, and Steuber who are end of roster/practice squad level JAGs. If either or both of them can just be viable to hold down the fort this year while hopefully at least one and better yet two rookies with much more talent than them are brought AND the OL finally gets good coaching, the Pats offense will be considerably better than t(e dumpster fire of the past two season and we will have a lot more hope heading into 2025.

I’d bet it was something “safe and effective.”
Was anyone with no health issues still getting vaxxed last year? I highly doubt it was vaccine related.

Was anyone with no health issues still getting vaxxed last year? I highly doubt it was vaccine related.
There’s overwhelming growing evidence linking it to myocarditis (and other issues) even though there’s a massive PR campaign to say it’s not, and players (along with a lot of other people) were pressured to take it. It has nothing to do with continuing to take it.

Last edited:
Calvin Anderson is going to be one of the keys to this season. Unless we drop back and garner extra draft picks allowing us to get a top guy, we’re going to have a mid round project like the guy from Yale.

Calvin Anderson is going to be one of the keys to this season. Unless we drop back and garner extra draft picks allowing us to get a top guy, we’re going to have a mid round project like the guy from Yale.
Agreed, if he ever reverts back to the player he was prior to his injury.

There’s overwhelming growing evidence linking it to myocarditis (and other issues) even though there’s a massive PR campaign to say it’s not, and players (along with a lot of other people) were forced to take it. It has nothing to do with continuing to take it.
What a sloppy ignorant post. STFU with the nonsense you can't prove. Take the **** elsewhere. @Ian

There’s overwhelming growing evidence linking it to myocarditis (and other issues) even though there’s a massive PR campaign to say it’s not, and players (along with a lot of other people) were forced to take it. It has nothing to do with continuing to take it.
I appreciate we are getting off topic here but how can the vaccine be sure to be the link when covid itself is known to cause myocarditis and pericarditis too? Also how can it cause myocarditis years after actually taking it when the spike protein or any active ingredient will no longer be present?

I appreciate we are getting off topic here but how can the vaccine be sure to be the link when covid itself is known to cause myocarditis and pericarditis too? Also how can it cause myocarditis years after actually taking it when the spike protein or any active ingredient will no longer be present?
I’m not going to drive this thread off the rails, like I said above, a massive PR push to place the blame anywhere except where it belongs.

I’m not going to drive this thread off the rails, like I said above, a massive PR push to place the blame anywhere except where it belongs.
That is a matter of opinion and not fact

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back