PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS OT Calvin Anderson revises contract

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
I’m sure our fair and balanced media will get to the truth of it….

Getting it back to Anderson though you have just made a huge assumption that his issue was vaccine related anyway pretty much based on nothing but your own hunch.

Getting it back to Anderson though you have just made a huge assumption that his issue was vaccine related anyway pretty much based on nothing but your own hunch.
His hesitancy (fear) to talk about it is exactly why I speculated that may be the case. I admit it is speculation on my part regarding Anderson. But the fear exists, as evidenced by the immediate backlash above.

I’m old and getting older, it won’t be my problem soon, but remember a time when freedom of speech was vehemently protected and cherished… even if said person was wrong.

Americans are becoming afraid of “words,” and that is a foreboding nightmare of the dictatorial technocracy it’s entering into.

Last edited:
His hesitancy (fear) to talk about it is exactly why I speculated that may be the case. I admit it is speculation on my part regarding Anderson. But the fear exists, as evidenced by the immediate backlash above.

I’m old and getting older, it won’t be my problem soon, but remember a time when freedom of speech was vehemently protected and cherished… even if said person was wrong.

Americans are becoming afraid of “words,” and that is a foreboding nightmare of the dictatorial technocracy it’s entering into.
I can see why an individual might not want to discuss his personal health issues with the world especially if they were quite serious regardless of the cause. I work in healthcare and confidentiality is very important. Some patients are keen to keep their affairs private and i can see why someone in the public eye might want privacy.

I think the backlash was merely a reaction to your opinion that had no facts to support it. vaccine harm is a hot potato for sure and whilst i think it exists on some level i also think it's been hugely exaggerated by some individuals which may also have contributed to the response to your comment.

And he also could have had a massive case of medicine resistant chlamydia…we don’t know…doesn’t ****in matter…hopefully he is healthy and can contribute.

Also, love it when people say I don’t intend to derail a thread…and yet…

I just hope Anderson is healthy enough to have a long, happy, and successful life irrespective of what happens with him with the Pats. He’s a young man and as someone who is older now I want to see the next generations enjoy life like I’ve been able to.

He has no reason to divulge the particulars about his health and really why is it important for us as fans to know the details. Under HIPAA, it is against the law in the USA for the Pats to allow such information to be made public without his explicit consent. What does he actually gain by doing that?

If he sucks on the field (he was bad last season but it was understandable given his lack of normal preparation during the training camp he missed combined with the injuries to Onwenu and Strange and the evident incompetence of Klemm) we can rip him but I see no reason yet why we can’t be optimistic about him.

Last edited:
I can see why an individual might not want to discuss his personal health issues with the world especially if they were quite serious regardless of the cause. I work in healthcare and confidentiality is very important. Some patients are keen to keep their affairs private and i can see why someone in the public eye might want privacy.
I agree, and qualified in my first response here that it was a guess on my part.

I think he's gonna help this year. With his experience, versatility and athleticism he could be more valuable in 2024 than almost anyone we might draft.

I can tell you for a fact, based on what I was told by someone who spoke to a source close to Anderson, that his issue wasn't related to this.

We've been down this road, and I have no desire to have another thread about it. I'm just glad he'll be back competing for a spot because they'll need a surprise or two to help them be in a better place heading into the season.

Last edited:
I can tell you for a fact, based on what I was told by someone who spoke to a source close to Anderson, that his issue wasn't related to this.

We've been down this road, and I have no desire to have another thread about it. I'm just glad he'll be back competing for a spot because they'll need a surprise or two to help them be in a better place heading into the season.
I don’t have any inside information.

Beyond that I liked the draft prospect a lot when he was an UDFA back in 2019.

“All told a pretty crappy UDFA class, the one diamond in the rough is guard Calvin Anderson from Texas, he gets my (lone) vote. He was a transfer from Rice, brilliant student, crazy good athlete, mobility would have been the best at the combine for all O-linemen, great strength and vertical. Otherwise I possibly see Jakobi Meyers making it somewhere in the NFL as a possession WR, Beck as a FB, or Terez Hall maybe as a special teamer.” - Wozzy Apr 30, 2019

Edit: deleted after reading Ian's post above so nevermind.

I don’t have any inside information.

Beyond that I liked the draft prospect a lot when he was an UDFA back in 2019.

“All told a pretty crappy UDFA class, the one diamond in the rough is guard Calvin Anderson from Texas, he gets my (lone) vote. He was a transfer from Rice, brilliant student, crazy good athlete, mobility would have been the best at the combine for all O-linemen, great strength and vertical. Otherwise I possibly see Jakobi Meyers making it somewhere in the NFL as a possession WR, Beck as a FB, or Terez Hall maybe as a special teamer.” - Wozzy Apr 30, 2019
I didn't say you did, and I normally don't have a lot, either. But I talked to someone I know who does about something else, and that topic came up, which was when he filled me in. When I saw your post, and where the thread would seemingly turn, I figured it made sense to mention it to hopefully deter that discussion.

We have enough to speculate about as it is in terms of this draft. We don't need to fall down that rabbit hole. ;)

Rabbit Hole Dancing GIF by CuriosityStream

It's not.
I read some of the book reviews, it refers to any doctors who questioned anything as "right wing" or "anti-vax," it also suggests that herd immunity isn't a thing.

Written by an epidemiologist from NY, boy if there was a stark example of how not to handle a pandemic, New York was the prime example... the place was a bloodbath. Not surprisingly Florida is still there and thriving, and had much better results than NY.

But sure, blindly trust the drug companies who brought us the opioid crisis, Vioxx, Fen-Phen and other disastrous recalls instead of say Dr Robert Malone... the guy who helped develop MRNA. Again... smells like BS.

Why don't we stick to football.

Calvin Anderson is a slightly undersized but hyper athletic and strong offensive lineman. Hopefully he can help in 2024, because Okorafor isn't the answer.

Last edited:
I read some of the book reviews, it refers to any doctors who questioned anything as "right wing" or "anti-vax," it also suggests that herd immunity isn't a thing.

Written by an epidemiologist from NY, boy if there was a stark example of how not to handle a pandemic, New York was the prime example... the place was a bloodbath. Not surprisingly Florida is still there and thriving, and had much better results than NY.

But sure, blindly trust the drug companies who brought us the opioid crisis, Vioxx, Fen-Phen and other disastrous recalls instead of say Dr Robert Malone... the guy who helped develop MRNA. Again... smells like BS.

Why don't we stick to football.

Calvin Anderson is a slightly undersized by hyper athletic and strong offensive lineman. Hopefully he can help in 2024, because Okorafor isn't the answer.
Alright, let's not go down this rabbit hole.

If it makes it easier vis-a-vis the salary cap to ****-can his ass on Cut-Down Day, then Yay us!
We have enough cap room in 2024, 2025 and 2026, so that cutting any player is NOT prevented by any salary cap issues.

We just absorb the cap hit in the current years, or spread out the dead money over the next couple of years by other actions.
======
I well understand that you would be happy to cut Anderson now and have no issues or no cares as to whether he would benefit the team by eventually being on the 53.

He COULD be one of our TEN best OL's at the time of the cut, or not.

Personally, I am fine with waiting to find out.

As of right now, I see us with Onwenu, top LT draftee, Okorafor and Anderson.

I'm fine if Anderson gets beaten out by Wheatley, Steuber, another draftee, or another signing.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back