PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Salty Jags Fans

There were a bunch of Jags fans in Gillette today. Two in front of us paid $700 each for tix on Stub Hub and came up from Florida. Two others to my right were idiots -- one had colored his beard teal, the other one INSISTED Gronk was hit by a shoulder and not helmet to helmet. Both those morons left early. ;)

Hopefully they enjoyed their flight back to Jacksonville

All I can say is WGAF

Yeah, Allen was holding, he got away with one. I felt that this was a generally evenly called game though. Lewis did fumble, and the whistle blew too early; but you have to come back from that, just like the Pats came back from Gronk being knocked out.

Yeah, Allen was holding, he got away with one. I felt that this was a generally evenly called game though. Lewis did fumble, and the whistle blew too early; but you have to come back from that, just like the Pats came back from Gronk being knocked out.

he would have been ruled down by contact on the fumble, though.......and the Jags held outside on several of the big gainers, too.......that crew let them play, and only called the egregious stuff (hogan was a victim of pretty blatant DPI that they let roll)......only problem for the Jags was that they committed the truly egregious stuff.....OL holding was pretty much not getting called all day

There were a bunch of Jags fans in Gillette today. Two in front of us paid $700 each for tix on Stub Hub and came up from Florida. Two others to my right were idiots -- one had colored his beard teal, the other one INSISTED Gronk was hit by a shoulder and not helmet to helmet. Both those morons left early. ;)
Were the ones in front of you younger? One may have been my friend Matt.

The worst thing you can do after a loss, especially one were you blew a big lead, is *****. I don't even care if its legitimate or not, it just makes you look like a whiney little *****!!!

Just shut up, take your loss, and sit back and watch Brady destroy the hopes and dreams of the city of brotherly love.

I'll admit, 1 penalty for an entire game does seem odd, but on sports talk radio this week one of the storylines this week was Clete Blakeman officiating. His crew was known to let 'the players play' and not call a ton of penalties. I thought that would be perfect for the Jags since that's what they are all about. In fact, the Brady was only 2-4 in games he officiated.

Their biggest legit gripe, and this just comes down to bad luck, is the refs blowing the "Lewis fumble" play dead at the recovery. I don't know if the defender had a clear path to the endzone, but I know he had A LOT of room.

Were the ones in front of you younger? One may have been my friend Matt.
The ones in front were a Mass. college kid and his dad, both from Gainesville and both drunk by game's end. The two on the right were a bit spooky, like casting extras from Deliverance.

Their biggest legit gripe, and this just comes down to bad luck, is the refs blowing the "Lewis fumble" play dead at the recovery. I don't know if the defender had a clear path to the endzone, but I know he had A LOT of room.

It was a tough call. He looked to be down by contact. When did the whistle blow? Was it immediate or during the run back?

I was surprised at how many Jax fans made it to the game. There were a lot of them and they were loud (but not obnoxious, at least that I saw). A few times when Jax made good plays the cheering around me was audible.

I was surprised at how many Jax fans made it to the game. There were a lot of them and they were loud (but not obnoxious, at least that I saw). A few times when Jax made good plays the cheering around me was audible.

Sounds a lot like the 2012 AFCCG game against the Ravens. I was surrounded by Ravens fans. It was very disappointing.

This also explains why the crowd was so loud during the Patriots 1st offensive series, especially on 3rd down. I was hoping it wasn't because of this.

Their biggest problem was believing the pre-game press build-up which, in the attempt to get people to watch the game, made it seem that the Jags were the defending SB champs, big favorites, etc, etc and that the Pats were the big underdogs. Reality was different, despite a strong game from the Jags.

Sounds a lot like the 2012 AFCCG game against the Ravens. I was surrounded by Ravens fans. It was very disappointing.

This also explains why the crowd was so loud during the Patriots 1st offensive series, especially on 3rd down. I was hoping it wasn't because of this.
Even though they were loud, the Pats fans were even louder, particularly on 3rd down for Jax. My ears were still ringing last night, something that I can't remember happening there.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back