PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Simmoms ... Atlanta Front Office Does Not Want Bill.

That’s not good for us at all!

That almost certainly means that Zac Robinson will be the OC in ATL and that will leave us with McDaniels and Mac Jones. What a disaster !
Zac Robinson is the number 1 guy I want at this point but I don’t think it's going to happen. Makes me nervous that we still don't seem to have an OC when it seems like a lot of defensive coaches already have the guy in mind when they take a head coach job. I think Josh coming back is the worst possible scenario (well outside of Patricia lol) because then we pretty much just be a Bill staff without Bill. I just don't understand removing the head coach but then keeping a staff made up primarily of his underlings.

Bill's last years here define failure. Maybe Atlanta was watching.
Isn't it curious how an ex-HCs record from 13 years ago is more relevant than an ex-HCs record the last 4 years?

You’re right, looks like that was announced just recently. This is news to me!

I remember hearing Blank wanted Belichick. It’s very curious to me that McKay would get involved in the coach search, and then immediately after the hiring, be told by the owner “We don’t need your input anymore, go work on the soccer team instead”.

I’ve been lurking the Falcons subreddit and found this comment interesting:

Reminds me of an expression my late father loved to quote - "The Golden Rule - he who has the gold makes the rules".

exactly, that's the puzzler. I suspect he over-estimated his abilities and figured it wouldn't be as hard as it turned out to be.
Over-estimated his abilities, over-estimated BOB's abilities, over-estimated MP and JG's abilities, over-estimated the abilities of the various special teams and offensive line coaches he chose, over-indulged in nepotism by hiring his sons, etc.

Some people think somehow this doesn't get noticed, but it sure as hell does.

You’re right, looks like that was announced just recently. This is news to me!

I remember hearing Blank wanted Belichick. It’s very curious to me that McKay would get involved in the coach search, and then immediately after the hiring, be told by the owner “We don’t need your input anymore, go work on the soccer team instead”.

I’ve been lurking the Falcons subreddit and found this comment interesting:

Being made director of the family foundation makes him consigliere if not underboss.

The only way out for McKay is going to be in a box.

Anyone he fears or dislikes ain't gonna get hired.

BB has been Commander in Chief, IMO he's not going to settle for being a staff colonel.
haha, agreed. but it is the ideal role for him at this point.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back