PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: This Drives Me Nuts

Another common mistake:

As Patriots fans, we’re rooting for the them. We’re not routing for them.

It's "should have", not "should of".
It's "could have", not "could of".
It's "would have", not "would of".
You're welcome.
I should of course mention that one could of certain origins express themselves without commas that would of any other circumstances be appropriate.

ask.....not.....aks

My mother and all her sisters grew up in PA and used the word "youns" to describe a group of people. I don't recall ever hearing it from anyone else.
Or the east Boston saying "yous" lol

I was writing about the difference between dominate and dominant, two words that sports fans frequently confuse
I missed that too. I just thought you were in the wrong thread. :haha:

life's too short...

Another that cracks me up is unthaw the steaks, so you want to freeze the steaks?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I have to say that when I write something for business, I always use the proper use of "have" and "of", but when I am writing casually like on this board I may use it improperly. I can't remember when or even if I actually used the improper use on this board and I probably would used something like "woulda" over "would of", I do know I use improper English quite frequently on message boards.

Personally, I call it a big victory that I don't write in texting language on this board. My friends and family don't call me "King of All Emojis" for nothing.
Is that probably “would have used” or “would of used”?

inquiring minds…

Hot Water Heater (sigh)

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
Considering Free Agency is coming up I will add:

Resign vs Re-Sign

“We” need to do this. “We” need to draft this guy. We do not work for the front office or have ownership rights. “We” do not play football anymore or never have.
Ok, I gotta disagree with you on this.
Pro sports teams are a different animal
than other businesses.
The owner of a sports team does not really own the team. He is usually a temporary caretaker. And fans may be customers but are different than customers in the business world. Because it is the fans who really own the team.
Think about it. I've been a Pats fan since 1960- how many owners do you think I've been through? How many coaches? Players?
Owners,coaches and players come and go. Most fans don't. We are the one enduring group that always stays with a team.
W/o fans theres is no team. Not to mention in almost all cases, the fans were footing a large part of the bill for the stadium plus incentives etc. Our tax dollars.
So I maintain that we, the fans( and that includes  you bro) have even  more right to say "we" than even the owners,coaches and players.
So go ahead man, say "we". Try it.
You'll feel better

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back