PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 27/32 on cash tracker for this year as of 4-18

That’s literally never been my argument, the fact that you think it is, is your emotion taking over your brain. Their success hasn’t wavered in 5 years. Why? They lost players last year before and during the year, how did they keep winning?

It, quite literally was your argument. You claimed that it had nothing to do with it.
When did I say garbage?
You're entire spiel has been garbage.
Nobody was talking about 2021, you had to go back their because of how pathetic your argument is

I DID talk about 2021 when I mentioned Hurts 8-7 record and the fact that he didn't lift the team the way you claimed. You're the one with the Pathetic argument because you chose to ignore reality.
Explain to me where I was talking about 2021, and I’ll admit I made a mistake…otherwise; you’re having to take stats from a year that nobody mentioned…because the eagles were 16-2 with Hurts and 0-2 without him. Continue to weep

The only one crying here is you. Because you've been taken to task for your idiocy and can't handle it.
You’ve done a ton of derailing yourself here troll

Nope. You're the troll. I haven't derailed anything. I've tried to get the thread back on track. YOU are the one insisting on talking about the Chiefs .
derailing continues

You clearly have no clue what "derailing" actually is. Typical lying buffoon.

It, quite literally was your argument. You claimed that it had nothing to do with it.
Thank you for telling me my argument
You're entire spiel has been garbage.
Stop responding then
I DID talk about 2021 when I mentioned Hurts 8-7 record and the fact that he didn't lift the team the way you claimed. You're the one with the Pathetic argument because you chose to ignore reality.
I dont care what you talked about. I was talking about 2022...Did you have anything from pop warner to bring up too?
The only one crying here is you. Because you've been taken to task for your idiocy and can't handle it.

Nope. You're the troll. I haven't derailed anything. I've tried to get the thread back on track. YOU are the one insisting on talking about the Chiefs .

You clearly have no clue what "derailing" actually is. Typical lying buffoon.
Continue to cry or stop responding...Pick one

The defenses were much better? What world? Here’s the point per drive from years 13-17 by rank. 5,7,7,8,21. This resulted in 1-4 in playoffs games. Here’s from 18-22 with mahomes. 28,12,13,19, 21st. Might want to brush up on the facts before making that bold of a claim
Read what I wrote, there were many variables that led to them improving. Not the least of which was the hiring of new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. So they made the playoffs 4 out of the five seasons Alex Smith was the starter. They didn’t win a ring until they hired Spags, drafted Chris Jones and oh yeah, drafted Mahomes… those are just three examples of the many variables that differed among these teams. Putting it all on one magical QB is nonsense.
I didn’t say it was all of anybody’s anything. Smith wasn’t good enough to elevate the chiefs teams consistently. I’m sure there’s an alternate universe out there where he and Reid ran into a ring. Not in earth though
Mahomes best season ever was 2018, he didn’t win a ring. Why didn’t his elevation skills work that year, or 2020 or 2021?

It’s only QB magic when it works, when it doesn’t… it’s somebody else’s fault.
I also meant Brady’s “pay” not “play”
When you pay one player a larger percentage of your salary cap that leaves less money to spend on the remainder of the roster. If you can’t understand basic math there’s no conversing with you.
Reid is a great coach, I’ll say it again. Your definition of winning seems to be stretching awfully far now though. He won Super Bowls with Mahomes, he’s dominated with him, built a dynasty with him. He was good with the others.
Andy Reid is 5th on the all-time wins list, 2nd on the all time playoff wins list… he was winning games and playing in Super Bowls back when Mahomes was in high school. There’s a multitude of reasons the Chiefs are peaking now, not the least of which is Reid simply being better at his job and having the best team.
But they’ll always be competitive, just like the patriots were with Brady. Through roster turnover, bad drafts, injuries and cap casualties…they’ll always be competitive as long as Mahomes is there
Nobody can see the future, if Mahomes is surrounded by a terrible KC team the way Deshaun was surrounded by a terrible team in 2020, leading the NFL in passing and only winning 4 games, he won’t do much better. Mahomes doesn’t possess some magical power Watson doesn’t. I’d say as long as Reid is there they will remain competitive because he’s been competitive wherever he has gone.
You are free to disagree
There’s nothing to agree with or disagree with. Your definition of success changes depending on who we’re talking about.

Your logic is a meandering mess because it’s basis that one magical player being the root cause of everything is horsesht. We’ve seen great QB’s on bad teams (Staffords, Brees, Watson) and we’ve seen lesser QB’s win on great teams (Foles, Flacco, Dilfer).
How could they ever win without a mediocre defense?
This is poor grammar, not sure what you meant.
So they couldn’t win a game with their backup, who is a very good backup
They won a game with him a year earlier, they lost two games with Hurts. His fumble in the Super Bowl was probably the biggest swing play in the entire game and lost the game for them. I suppose that was someone else’s fault.
It definitely did, not sure what you’re talking about
It’s because your logic doesn’t follow a clear pattern or make sense. It’s Mac’s fault… but when it’s pointed out Patricia sucked it’s so undeniable you’d look foolish to dispute it.

It’s always the QB, until it isn’t… then it’s somebody else’s fault.
I said in their Super Bowl year. You must’ve missed that. We all make mistakes, some more then others

Stafford threw 50 touchdowns in 2021. Glad you’re pinpointing 1 game though
So Stafford went 12 seasons without winning a single playoff game, but he was the singular reason the Rams won a championship his first season there… sounds legit.
What goalposts? The patriots can’t beat the bills anymore, why do you think that is? Sean McDermott?
Team
If that makes you feel better; more power to you
It’s historical fact.
I didn’t attribute anything to 1 player.
You did, you do it consistently. Then when it’s pointed out the hundred reasons why this take is idiotic, you say “I never said that.”

Read what I wrote, there were many variables that led to them improving. Not the least of which was the hiring of new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. So they made the playoffs 4 out of the five seasons Alex Smith was the starter. They didn’t win a ring until they hired Spags, drafted Chris Jones and oh yeah, drafted Mahomes… those are just three examples of the many variables that differed among these teams. Putting it all on one magical QB is nonsense.
Again, why even bring up Jones or the defense if they got worse from one period to another? Seems counter productive, no? Ive never said he wins games alone, just that he is the key to consistent success. Here is what you wrote. "They also didn't have Chris Jones, a far superior offensive line or defense nearly as good as later teams"

Did you fact check the bolded or did you try and sneak that one by me?
Mahomes best season ever was 2018, he didn’t win a ring. Why didn’t his elevation skills work that year, or 2020 or 2021?
They did, theyre in the final four every year that he touches grass
It’s only QB magic when it works, when it doesn’t… it’s somebody else’s fault.
I think you may be missing my point here.
When you pay one player a larger percentage of your salary cap that leaves less money to spend on the remainder of the roster. If you can’t understand basic math there’s no conversing with you.
Nobody is denying that, the point is, as long as Mahomes is upright...Theyll be competitive with the spending limits, roster reconfigurations, injuries, etc. Just like the Patriots were, because of Brady and Belichick. Welcome to the argument
Andy Reid is 5th on the all-time wins list, 2nd on the all time playoff wins list… he was winning games and playing in Super Bowls back when Mahomes was in high school. There’s a multitude of reasons the Chiefs are peaking now, not the least of which is Reid simply being better at his job and having the best team.
If you want to think its just a coincidence that he super bowl success came only when Mahomes was drafted, More power to you
Nobody can see the future, if Mahomes is surrounded by a terrible KC team the way Deshaun was surrounded by a terrible team in 2020, leading the NFL in passing and only winning 4 games, he won’t do much better. Mahomes doesn’t possess some magical power Watson doesn’t. I’d say as long as Reid is there they will remain competitive because he’s been competitive wherever he has gone.
Perfect ,we agree
There’s nothing to agree with or disagree with. Your definition of success changes depending on who we’re talking about.
No it doesnt...I havent wavered off what I consider success at all
Your logic is a meandering mess because it’s basis that one magical player being the root cause of everything is horsesht. We’ve seen great QB’s on bad teams (Staffords, Brees, Watson) and we’ve seen lesser QB’s win on great teams (Foles, Flacco, Dilfer).
I didnt talk about any of them though, you brought up others...The Conversation started with Mahomes and the Chiefs spending
This is poor grammar, not sure what you meant.
Sorry, mustve missed the sarcasm there...Chris Jones is a great player who has led nothing but mediocre defenses in his time on the Chiefs...If youre saying somebody else couldnt do that, then we will have to agree to disagree.
They won a game with him a year earlier, they lost two games with Hurts. His fumble in the Super Bowl was probably the biggest swing play in the entire game and lost the game for them. I suppose that was someone else’s fault.
No that was his fault, not really sure what your point here is. They went 16-2 with him and 0-2 without him...The fact that his well run team and coach couldnt win without him is quite telling.
It’s because your logic doesn’t follow a clear pattern or make sense. It’s Mac’s fault… but when it’s pointed out Patricia sucked it’s so undeniable you’d look foolish to dispute it.
I never said Macs down year was all his fault, must be confusing me with somebody else. I will say hes shown nothing above mediocrity at this point in the NFL though..
It’s always the QB, until it isn’t… then it’s somebody else’s fault.
Again, making things up
So Stafford went 12 seasons without winning a single playoff game, but he was the singular reason the Rams won a championship his first season there… sounds legit.
Also didnt say this, I said he was great in the 2021 season...I already agreed the Rams were contenders without him
Team

It’s historical fact.

You did, you do it consistently. Then when it’s pointed out the hundred reasons why this take is idiotic, you say “I never said that.”
You again confuse the argument...You stretched from Mahomes/Hurts to the entire qb position now. Its because you realized how important those two are. Its ok to admit it. Not sure what harm it does

Last edited:
You again confuse the argument...You stretched from Mahomes/Hurts to the entire qb position now. Its because you realized how important those two are. Its ok to admit it. Not sure what harm it does
No, I don't.

You looked at who was successful last season and attributed the entirety of it to the QB position... yet ignore all the superior QB's on other teams who failed.

Then when someone points out all the flaws in your argument, you simply say "I've never said that."

Distilling down a sport made up of 53 players, 63 players including practice squad, along with an army of coaches, personnel executives, scouts, trainers and medical staff to "QB magic" is a garbage take.

The correlation is having great quarterbacks, there’s a reason the chiefs can get rid of their generational weapon and not skip a beat.
^ This you?

"I never said that." - All3Phases

Your user name has to be sarcasm.

^ This you?

"I never said that." - All3Phases

Your user name has to be sarcasm.
Yes I said that, "theres a reason the CHIEFS can get rid of their generational weapon and not skip a beat"

Yes I said that, "theres a reason the CHIEFS can get rid of their generational weapon and not skip a beat"
Because they're a great team... not because Mahomes has magic powers.

No, I don't.

You looked at who was successful last season and attributed the entirety of it to the QB position... yet ignore all the superior QB's on other teams who failed.
I looked at the Chiefs for the last 5 years, vs the years prior under the same coach...Youve been wrong a ton in these discussions here. Couldnt even get the facts right on the Chiefs defense...Its hard to have a normal discussion with somebody who will willingly not fact check his info then ignore it.
Then when someone points out all the flaws in your argument, you simply say "I've never said that."
What is the flaw? That somebody on some team that I never mentioned arent the chiefs or Mahomes? Good one
Distilling down a sport made up of 53 players, 63 players including practice squad, along with an army of coaches, personnel executives, scouts, trainers and medical staff to "QB magic" is a garbage take.
Ok

Because they're a great team... not because Mahomes has magic powers.
Yes, just like the defenses have gotten better since hes been there. Right? Whoops!

Same coach, Defense gets much worse and the offense gets much better...They did a lot of extra winning with the offense being great under Mahomes...Hes not magic, but hes the most important human in KC

I looked at the Chiefs for the last 5 years, vs the years prior under the same coach...Youve been wrong a ton in these discussions here. Couldnt even get the facts right on the Chiefs defense...Its hard to have a normal discussion with somebody who will willingly not fact check his info then ignore it.
They went to the playoffs four of the five years prior to Mahomes.
What is the flaw? That somebody on some team that I never mentioned arent the chiefs or Mahomes? Good one
QB's aren't magic when Deshaun Watson leads the entire NFL in passing but only win 4 games.

QB's are only magic when the team is great and they win a ring like Mahomes.

Flawed.
Truth hurts.

They went to the playoffs four of the five years prior to Mahomes.
Great! 1-4 in those years vs 11-3. Odd coincidence that the defense got worse and they added Mahomes
QB's aren't magic when Deshaun Watson leads the entire NFL in passing but only win 4 games.
Cool

Flawed.

Truth hurts.
No, the problem is you're trying to compare generational quarterbacks with all of them...The flaw in your argument sir

Ive asked you who your top 5 qbs of the last 20 years was, and you happily declined

Yes, just like the defenses have gotten better since hes been there. Right? Whoops!
Their teams have gotten better. Or exactly what I said.
Same coach, Defense gets much worse and the offense gets much better...They did a lot of extra winning with the offense being great under Mahomes...Hes not magic, but hes the most important human in KC
Defense gets much worse? Hardly. They were still good.

Reid drafted Mahomes, who is more important?

Mahomes on a crappy team is Matt Stafford in Detroit... just another great player on a bad team.

Their teams have gotten better. Or exactly what I said.
Yep, thanks Mahomes...Weird how the team got better when 1/2 of the ball got much worse.
Defense gets much worse? Hardly. They were still good.
Sorry you didnt like the facts. Points per drive ranking on average years 2013-2017= 9.6
In Mahomes years 2018-2022=18.6.

The defense has literally gotten 2x worse since he took over, and their success has gotten infinitely better

Meanwhile the offense went from average in PPG 10th in the league, to 3rd with Mahomes. Another huge jump...We can do the actual points if youd like
Reid drafted Mahomes, who is more important?
Mahomes
Mahomes on a crappy team is Matt Stafford in Detroit... just another great player on a bad team.
Prove it

Great! 1-4 in those years vs 11-3. Odd coincidence that the defense got worse and they added Mahomes
They added Chris Jones and a gang of other players along with a new defensive coordinator before they finally won a Super Bowl.

Mahomes is better than Alex Smith, Alex Smith was better than Trent Dilfer ever was.
Cool

No, the problem is you're trying to compare generational quarterbacks with all of them...The flaw in your argument sir
QB's aren't magic when Drew Brees leads the entire NFL in passing three years in a row from 2014-2016 but only win 7 games.

Flawed.
Ive asked you who your top 5 qbs of the last 20 years was, and you happily declined
I don't create lists... they're dumb.

Mahomes isn't better than Burrow or Herbert... the team and conditions around Mahomes have been better.

They added Chris Jones and a gang of other players along with a new defensive coordinator before they finally won a Super Bowl.
And the defenses got much worse...Try to stick to one thread with these points im proving useless
Mahomes is better than Alex Smith, Alex Smith was better than Trent Dilfer ever was.
Cool, thanks for this
QB's aren't magic when Drew Brees leads the entire NFL in passing three years in a row from 2014-2016 but only win 7 games.

Flawed.

I don't create lists... they're dumb.
OK
Mahomes isn't better than Burrow or Herbert... the team and conditions around Mahomes have been better.
Chose to die on this hill huh? Yikes

Yep, thanks Mahomes...Weird how the team got better when 1/2 of the ball got much worse.

Sorry you didnt like the facts. Points per drive ranking on average years 2013-2017= 9.6
In Mahomes years 2018-2022=18.6.
The difference in point differential is negligible. They're better on offense under Mahomes, they were better defensively when they were playing a more conservative offense under Smith. The Chiefs won 12/11/11/10/9 games with Alex Smith.... when exactly were they "bad?"
The defense has literally gotten 2x worse since he took over, and their success has gotten infinitely better
Nonsense.
Mahomes on a crappy team is still losing.
Matt Stafford's 12 year career in Detroit, Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees being the best QB in the league and only winning single digit games.

I already have. You can't explain these examples so you ignore them.

Chose to die on this hill huh? Yikes
If your magic QB theory held true Mahomes would own five rings, Tom Brady would own 23 rings.

You've obviously never played football at even the pee wee level.

The difference in point differential is negligible. They're better on offense under Mahomes, they were better defensively when they were playing a more conservative offense under Smith. The Chiefs won 12/11/11/10/9 games with Alex Smith.... when exactly were they "bad?"
The teams were never bad under Smith...Somehow they couldnt win playoff games though.

But now you can move the goalposts and say defensive rankings no longer matter I guess? I can point to a few years where Mahomes defenses were bad statistically. I used PPD for those rankings, did you want to use per game? or DVOA? Any suggestions so I can throw you a lifeline?

Nonsense.
You wanted Facts and then didnt like them i guess. Going from on average 9th in the league to 18th is in fact 2x worse.
Mahomes on a crappy team is still losing.
You can continue to voice this opinion, but thats all it is.
Matt Stafford's 12 year career in Detroit, Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees being the best QB in the league and only winning single digit games.

I already have. You can't explain these examples so you ignore them.
Which one of them was Mahomes?

If your magic QB theory held true Mahomes would own five rings, Tom Brady would own 23 rings.

You've obviously never played football at even the pee wee level.
That isnt my theory in the slightest, but good job spiraling. But its perfect you chose the two guys whos teams had no playoff success without them to diminish their importance :rofl:

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back