PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Expected to shop DeVante Parker

I think there's a lot of sensationalism with Parker. If we trade him, the new team is taking on a 1 year deal with $3.2M guaranteed and another $1.8M in incentives. That's really not much. I think a lot of frustration with the overall WR depth chart gets directed at him by fans here, and he contributes to that with a nonchalant attitude for sure, but he does bring some positive things.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think there could be a market for him. Not that anyone would give a pick for him, but I could see someone taking him on for a straight salary dump if we just want to clear $3M in cap and open a spot on the depth chart for a younger option.

Bet you could get a bag of doritos if you hold tight.

I would drive him to Logan or T.F. Green for an open half full bag of stale Doritos...

I think it's back-up-the-truck time in Foxborough. There really aren't that many players on this team for whom the Patriots would get much of anything in return. Probable scenario is that he gets released, or traded for somebody else's mistake.

It’s a pretty low cap hit for the team who acquires him, and he can be decent if that team is only expecting him to be a 3rd receiver or used in specific packages. I think they will get a 5th for him.
If he is a good choice for #3 receiver, we need one of those. I'd give a 5th for a good quality #3 WR.

This is just another example of thinking that the team can hoodwink some other team to make a mistake.

I think there's a lot of sensationalism with Parker. If we trade him, the new team is taking on a 1 year deal with $3.2M guaranteed and another $1.8M in incentives. That's really not much. I think a lot of frustration with the overall WR depth chart gets directed at him by fans here, and he contributes to that with a nonchalant attitude for sure, but he does bring some positive things.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think there could be a market for him. Not that anyone would give a pick for him, but I could see someone taking him on for a straight salary dump if we just want to clear $3M in cap and open a spot on the depth chart for a younger option.
Like what? Parker has never been able to get open and now he can't even win the 50/50 ball even close to 50% of the time. On top of that he is 31 and often injured. If we are able to trade him for anything at all and clear $3 mill in cap space then we absolutely fleeced someone. Parker is a terrible player and he was terrible when Bill inexplicably gave him an extension last summer. If we can't find a way to move him and Juju I hope we just bite the bullet and cut them both. I can't think of many Patriots I have liked less than the two of them.

Like what? Parker has never been able to get open and now he can't even win the 50/50 ball even close to 50% of the time. On top of that he is 31 and often injured. If we are able to trade him for anything at all and clear $3 mill in cap space then we absolutely fleeced someone. Parker is a terrible player and he was terrible when Bill inexplicably gave him an extension last summer. If we can't find a way to move him and Juju I hope we just bite the bullet and cut them both. I can't think of many Patriots I have liked less than the two of them.

Preach brother preach and BB wonders why he ain't Coaching in 24 and probably after.

If they get something, it'll be a late round pick swap. Parker and the Patriots 7th rounder for the 6th rounder from some team that's picking in the 20's. Or Parker for a 2025 6th straight up. Those are best case, IMO.

If they get something, it'll be a late round pick swap. Parker and the Patriots 7th rounder for the 6th rounder from some team that's picking in the 20's. Or Parker for a 2025 6th straight up. Those are best case, IMO.
Or Parker and our Fifth move this bum already. :mad:

How many Mac picks were 50:50 balls to Parker?

The Parker extension instead of signing DeAndre Hopkins was for me the most mysterious move of Belichick's swansong.

The Parker extension instead of signing DeAndre Hopkins was for me the most mysterious move of Belichick's swansong.
All of them can you stop reminding us. :mad:

I said that none move was going to come back to haunt Him and glad it did ridiculous.

Pats would have still missed the playoffs with the mercenary Hopkins, but would be drafting worse than #3.

That isn’t a defense of Parker.

It's not healthy to be this angry all the time.
I know but when people do foolish things you can see a mile away I'm triggered.

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

If only Parker didn't have to have a fluke of a year in 2019, the Pats would've been the #2 seed. How he lit up Gilmore week 17 is a mystery.

Per MassLive: the Patriots are expected to shop DeVante Parker this offseason, which comes after the veteran had just been extended by the club last summer:

View attachment 56828

Although, I don't hate him as a bottom of the depth chart option, but they've obviously got issues considering the questions with Thornton and Smith-Schuster that they still need to figure out.
Ian,

Personally our entire WR corps. Needs a overhaul. They way FA is shaping up for us, we should be in on Hollywood Brown and Ridley. Both of these guys would bring elite speed on the outside for us.

Per MassLive: the Patriots are expected to shop DeVante Parker this offseason, which comes after the veteran had just been extended by the club last summer:

View attachment 56828

Although, I don't hate him as a bottom of the depth chart option, but they've obviously got issues considering the questions with Thornton and Smith-Schuster that they still need to figure out.
The jury already came in on Thornton he's a Bust! Juju is here but not by choice.

The jury already came in on Thornton he's a Bust!

Might be that he'll do better in a system that requires less thinking and less mind-meld with the QB. Routes with a whole lot fewer "IF" statements in them.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back