PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hosting Panthers WR Brandon Lafell

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT the Panthers wide receiver I wanted. Not LaFail. What is going on around here? Did Kraft piss off BB and now he's trying to sabotage the team or something?

Do not want.

You know how a lot of us said we wanted toughness, edge, personality, explosiveness, pure talent, courage?

Yeah Brandon is the complete opposite of that.

Well said I would prefer a young guy like Nicks.

LaFell is 27. Nicks is 26. I guess that one year makes a very compelling difference to you?

LaFell is 27. Nicks is 26. I guess that one year makes a very compelling difference to you?

What's your point dude? Nicks is a superior Big Game player and a proven player in this league you guys are too used to jags.:rolleyes:

What's your point dude? Nicks is a superior Big Game player and a proven player in this league you guys are too used to jags.:rolleyes:

You said you wanted a younger guy like Nicks. They're basically the same age. If Nicks is young, then so is LaFell.

Good job arguing against a claim that nobody made, though.

Age is not the only reason why Nicks is a lot better prospect than LaFell. Even the Panthers are looking at Nicks as a replacement to him and Smith. LaFell just plain sucks. That's basically it. He's had every opportunity to solidify himself as the Panthers' next #1 or at least as a big time #2 in Carolina, and has not been able to do so in 4 years.

He hasn't even come close to carrying Smith's jock strap in this time and cowers in front of Smith just as much as he does in front of DB's where he crawls into a little ball before they even get within 2 feet of him. He pretty much fits the bill of being a finesse, solid, but very soft player.

If you want a good trooper that won't ever get out of line, a good dude, nice guy, with practically no personality, and will stay out of trouble, yeah that's LaFell....but how many more of these guys do we want to collect?

It took LaFell almost 3 years to learn the Panthers' "complex offense" when he came in as a rookie and stop making mental errors, and in all honesty, when we have guys like KT and Dobson, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. LaFell might have more experience, but I feel they have more upside and are already way under way of learning this offense. I don't see him panning out to be anything more than those two, unless BB feels the Panthers totally stunted his growth or something. I just didn't see it and I've watched him since his rookie training camp. Never been impressed.

He had some big drops last year...but also some big plays...hit or miss

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7s
#Patriots have brought in WR Brandon LaFell and are open to signing him. If not, another team showing huge interest? The #Broncos #GameOn

I'm hoping this is BB smokescreen to con the Broncos into offering Lafell starter money.

Replacing Decker with Lafell? Win for us.

I would rather have Nicks over LaFell IF we are sure Nicks is healthy and he can return to remotely what he was two year ago. Otherwise, I think LaFell is a better bet. More upside.

I would rather have Nicks over LaFell IF we are sure Nicks is healthy and he can return to remotely what he was two year ago. Otherwise, I think LaFell is a better bet. More upside.

according to his doctors he is 100%..but i am not buying it yet

he'd still burn our corners haha.

That's not going to be hard to do. The Pats, as currently constructed have a CB2 and two nickel CB's as starters. If Ryan starts alongside Dennard, they have one of the slowest starting CB combos in the NFL.

Nicks has been medically cleared and has said that he's open to a one year "prove it" deal.

I am not worried, we never lose players to Broncos…:scared2:

NFL Trade Rumors ‏@nfltrade_rumors 8m
Report: Patriots & Broncos Both Interested In Signing WR Brandon LaFell For A Visit http://tinyurl.com/kb8qskb
Expand

So he's a not so good if he can't learn a playbook and he's finesse-aroo. Maybe Steve Smithy would be good. Yeah.

I want them to host Scott Chandler. He's good.

Nicks has been medically cleared and has said that he's open to a one year "prove it" deal.

I am not against signing Nicks. In fact, I would like to sign him to an one year prove it deal. But just because he is medically cleared doesn't mean he will ever return to close to what he was.

And LaFell still may have more upside. If the rumors are the Broncos are hot for him, there might be something we don't see that scouts do.

I am not worried, we never lose players to Broncos…:scared2:

You gotta be ****ting me!

As nuts as that is, please let them have this one.

If Broncos end up signing him, BB's definitely playing Elway. If we end up signing him, then it's the other way around and Elway's definitely playing BB.

I must be living in the Twilight zone. Out of all the options, the Broncos and Patriots are both competing for Carolina's boring-ass #2, underachieving, wide receiver, who is the very definition of mediocrity....

I give up.

Age is not the only reason why Nicks is a lot better prospect than LaFell. Even the Panthers are looking at Nicks as a replacement to him and Smith. LaFell just plain sucks. That's basically it. He's had every opportunity to solidify himself as the Panthers' next #1 or at least as a big time #2 in Carolina, and has not been able to do so in 4 years.

He hasn't even come close to carrying Smith's jock strap in this time and cowers in front of Smith just as much as he does in front of DB's where he crawls into a little ball before they even get within 2 feet of him. He pretty much fits the bill of being a finesse, solid, but very soft player.

If you want a good trooper that won't ever get out of line, a good dude, nice guy, with practically no personality, and will stay out of trouble, yeah that's LaFell....but how many more of these guys do we want to collect?

It took LaFell almost 3 years to learn the Panthers' "complex offense" when he came in as a rookie and stop making mental errors, and in all honesty, when we have guys like KT and Dobson, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. LaFell might have more experience, but I feel they have more upside and are already way under way of learning this offense. I don't see him panning out to be anything more than those two, unless BB feels the Panthers totally stunted his growth or something. I just didn't see it and I've watched him since his rookie training camp. Never been impressed.

I'm not arguing that LaFell is comparable to Nicks in talent. Nobody is arguing that. I made one, very specific point re: their age, and that's it.

Elway seems to be smoking that sticky ickyy. May give Lafell 10 mill guaranteed by accident

A big WR (6'2", 210lbs). We'll see if he is signed by the end of the day.

Nothing to see here.....metal mitts folks, The Panthers fans are not weeping.

That's what we need? A #4 wide receiver who needs a hands transplant but the S.O.B can sure block! And he looks good in a uniform.

Bad signing. See if the Broncos will take him.

BB, John Elway is kicking your ass. You are taking this "value" crap to the nth degree, Elway won one more game than you did his way.
At least he is trying.

Arrogance can hurt. Gathering Talent is not a bad thing. Does coaching up second and third tier players give you more joy? A good coach can make talented players a TEAM. You are a great coach. GM? Not so much.

DW Toys

NOT the Panthers wide receiver I wanted. Not LaFail. What is going on around here? Did Kraft piss off BB and now he's trying to sabotage the team or something?

Do not want.

You know how a lot of us said we wanted toughness, edge, personality, explosiveness, pure talent, courage?

Yeah Brandon is the complete opposite of that.

Bran LaFail, I like it. He can compete with Aaron Dropson and Kenbrell Dropkins.
LaFell is in New England Wednesday visiting the Patriots. He couldn't take advantage of every-down single coverage in Carolina, but operating as the No. 3 receiver in Denver would be a whole other story. Even the stone-handed, blocking-minded LaFell would put up numbers.

Brandon LaFell - Carolina Panthers - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents