PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign OT Chukwuma Okorafor

Okorafor can play both LT and RT, though most of his starts are at RT.
Good that sounds like a mich better Veteran Option than we had last year because Lowe or Wheatley could play neither Lt nor RT imo
I was hoping for this signing as he doesn't count against the Comp Picks because he was released.
I don’t hope the comp picks will matter anyway due to the signings in the FA

Goodbye Onwenu.

Could someone help me out with this, how is it possible that the Pats were able to sign him prior to FA starting?
They can agree with players through the legal tampering period, the league year starts next week. Players can then sign thier agreed upon contracts.. just my understanding of it..

We need better depth than lowe or Wheatley badly
Lowe can go, a bad athlete with long arms is still a bad athlete.

Wheatley is a better athlete, he was always going to be project with a position change.

I'll take the unknown of Wheatley over the known jag like Okafor all day everyday.

I don't like the "any warm body will do" approach. Sign someone who can start, or not at all.

Could someone help me out with this, how is it possible that the Pats were able to sign him prior to FA starting?

Any player who is CUT after the end of the season may sign with another team at any point. They do not have to wait until the START of the new season.

Lowe can go, a bad athlete with long arms is still a bad athlete.

Wheatley is a better athlete, he was always going to be project with a position change.

I'll take the unknown of Wheatley over the known jag like Okafor all day everyday.

I don't like the "any warm body will do" approach. Sign someone who can start, or not at all.

Lowe played very well for Minnesota at LT prior to the trade. I think that the Pats trying to play him at RT screwed with his confidence.

I was actually surprised at how decently that MCDERMOTT played at LT at the end of the season. Hopefully, McDermott will be one of the Vets on the PS.

Chuk is a better then average pass blocker, and a below average run blocker…it appears

Chuk is a better then average pass blocker, and a below average run blocker…it appears
He's mediocre at both. That being said, he's still an upgrade over last year.

Lowe played very well for Minnesota at LT prior to the trade. I think that the Pats trying to play him at RT screwed with his confidence.

I was actually surprised at how decently that MCDERMOTT played at LT at the end of the season. Hopefully, McDermott will be one of the Vets on the PS.
McDermott is a much better athlete than Lowe is, Lowe's only redeeming quality is his wide wingspan... he's got cement in his shoes.

If McDermott was physically stronger he could start, his only issue leaving college was weakness, his bench press was sad... but he was quick and explosive athlete. As a backup he's perfect because he can hold up for spurts.

I still think Calvin Anderson can be a good backup LT. He’s a better T than Wheatley or Lowe.
Agreed, but he has some medical condition that transcends football, and we don't know what it is or was.

Ross so did we dump Klemm Officially??

I've not seen anything "officially". But after the massing argument with either Wolf or Groh, he had the mysterious health issue and hasn't been seen since.

The Pats hired Scott Peters as the O-line Coach and Robert Kugler as the Asst. O-Line Coach. Klemm isn't listed on Patriots.com So I'm guessing he's GONE.

Immediately the leading candidate to start at RT and at the same time to be the veteran candidate who comes to training camp and immediately retires.

Off what I saw I don’t consider Lowe to be anything but an end of roster/PS guy, McDermott showed me more than Lowe last season. I’m holding out hope for Anderson and Wheatley, but if they sign someone else in FA then neither of those guys should be house hunting here.

Regarding the Stillers issue, keep in mind they spent a 1st last year on Broderick Jones and were obviously itching to get him snaps so one could understand why a 26 year old player like Okorafor may have been disgruntled.
Okorafor is just 26. Calvin Anderson or McDermott are more likely to retire than Okorafor.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back