PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign OT Chukwuma Okorafor

Will mention that Kevin Dotson left Pittsburgh a mediocre guard and became one of the best in the league this year.

Not saying that’ll be what happens here, but not unrealistic to consider that the Steelers were a part of the problem.

They can agree with players through the legal tampering period, the league year starts next week. Players can then sign thier agreed upon contracts.. just my understanding of it..
Not what's happening here.

Will mention that Kevin Dotson left Pittsburgh a mediocre guard and became one of the best in the league this year.

Not saying that’ll be what happens here, but not unrealistic to consider that the Steelers were a part of the problem.
I think I read the Steelers went to a different blocking scheme in 2023 that was not a good fit for Chuk. Maybe that was the case for Dotson as well…IDK.

Last edited:
Lowe can go, a bad athlete with long arms is still a bad athlete.

Wheatley is a better athlete, he was always going to be project with a position change.

I'll take the unknown of Wheatley over the known jag like Okafor all day everyday.

I don't like the "any warm body will do" approach. Sign someone who can start, or not at all.

Why do you say that Lowe is a "bad Athlete"? Don't look at the RAS rating. Look at his numbers..
His 10 yard split is good and his 3-cone. Look At McDemott's numbers by comparison..

Same bench. Worse 10 yard split. Better Broad, Vertical, Shuttle and 3cone. For S&Gs, I looked up Matt Light as well.

Can he be improved upon? I hope so.
1709858115499.png

1709858367245.png

Steelers benched him mid season for attitude problems then cut him in late February.

Those don’t make me confident he is anything more than a camp body or depth signing.

Tomlin had his share of attitude problems on that team mid season. Okorafor had the misfortune to be the one that had a 1st rounder waiting behind him on the depth chart. Pittsburgh is seriously cap strapped and the move freed up $8.8M that they were in desperate need of. If it weren't for their cap situation they probably would have held onto him and traded him for a late rounder after the draft. As long as the money is reasonable, I have yet to see details, this seems like a decent depth/competition type signing.

That said, if he got serious guaranteed green my opinion of this signing will change in a hurry

Okorafor is just 26. Calvin Anderson or McDermott are more likely to retire than Okorafor.
Who is more likely to play well if healthy?

Chukwuma is not good, he's a poor athlete. He came from a terrible team and unit.

I think I read the Steelers went more to a blocking scheme in 2023 that was not a good fit for Chuk. Maybe that was the case for Dotson as well…IDK.

Hey Zuma. Could you elaborate better?? Because.. Umm.. O-Linemen are supposed to block.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chukwuma is not good, he's a poor athlete. He came from a terrible team and unit.
If you had to keep just one: Wheatley, Lowe, Anderson or Chukwuma?

Seriously? Why not read the post that was being responded to instead of yammering on about who is and isn't a good athlete when that is only PART of the equation and you know damn well it's only part of the equation.

Matt Light's numbers are proof of that. So are Conor McDermott's, in all honesty.. Guy has some great numbers and has never put it together beyond mediocre.

Why do you say that Lowe is a "bad Athlete"? Don't look at the RAS rating. Look at his numbers..
His 10 yard split is good and his 3-cone. Look At McDemott's numbers by comparison..

Same bench. Worse 10 yard split. Better Broad, Vertical, Shuttle and 3cone. For S&Gs, I looked up Matt Light as well.

Can he be improved upon? I hope so.
View attachment 56869

View attachment 56870
I'll take the more mobile, athletic, faster guy in McDermott in the hopes I can strengthen him up. After four years of college Lowe isn't improving much as an athlete, but strength can be achieved. I have McDermott listed as a backup, he's a solid guy on the bench because he can play both left and right.

Lowe can go.

Hey Zuma. Could you elaborate better?? Because.. Umm.. O-Linemen are supposed to block.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
lol you know what I am talking about….Zone, Gap, Man, etc

If you had to keep just one: Wheatley, Lowe, Anderson or Chukwuma?
Depending on Anderson's health status, either him or Wheatley.

But I'm already desperate to add OT depth early and often in the draft... and sign a higher end free agent.

What the hell are we doing…what an absolute waste of an off-season and the cap we have…it is obvious this staff doesn’t get it at all…I mean the fact we don’t have pro bowlers lining up to be our backup offensive tackle is just a joke….We need a 2 deep of pro bowlers…anything less is not good enough….come on wolf get your s*** in gear.

Some of …
see GIF

What the hell are we doing…what an absolute waste of an off-season and the cap we have…it is obvious this staff doesn’t get it at all…I mean the fact we don’t have pro bowlers lining up to be our backup offensive tackle is just a joke….We need a 2 deep of pro bowlers…anything less is not good enough….come on wolf get your s*** in gear.

Some of …
see GIF
It’s March 7th.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back