PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Anthony Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, sounds good. Depending on the contract.

PS:I f'n hate Bernard Pollard!!!

Not sure on this move, but if he is healthy, it good be a very good move!

If hes healthy a good 4th WR in this offense. Might need to show his worth on STs too.

If not, see ya.

Does this signing imply Edelman is on the bubble?

I wouldn't think so, it's a very low cost/rick move that can potentially yield a valuable contributor on the offense. Also, I think Edelman's future is on defense.

Last edited:

No. Edelman still has value to the team. He will be here next yr. Gonzalez may not be, depending upon whether or not he works out. It will add competition though, but I think Edelman is safe.

Thanks for the replies, supafly, ATippett56 and Snake Eyes(and agree). Depth seems to be the theme for the Pats in regard to FA this year..

Last edited:

I am sure they did not pay him much (haven't read the whole article on this) and have low risk. I am not sure the guy will be here next year but will be good training camp material. He had one good year (2008 or 2009 was it?) and the rest of the time has done nothing. VERY injury prone......this one is not a big deal to me.....Lloyd signing is the Sh*t though!!!!!

I think this kind of says it all right here from the link that Triumph posted (NFL)

Transactions / Injuries / Suspensions
2010/11/06 Knee injury, injured reserve.
2010/10/08 Ankle injury, out.
2010/10/01 Ankle injury, out.
2010/09/17 Ankle injury, out.
2009/12/24 Knee injury, injured reserve.
2009/12/16 Knee injury, out.
2009/12/04 Knee injury, out.
2009/10/30 Knee injury, out.
2009/09/25 Knee injury, out.
2007/11/09 Hand injury, out.
2007/07/26 Signed by the Indianapolis Colts to a five-year contract.

It really is a shame that this guy has been so injury riddled....He certainly did display some amazing talent during one particular season that I recall. I think he also missed 8 games last season as well. Wish him the best in making the squad, but would be surprised to see him survive the season.....if not make it through camp.....Good luck Anthony!

I think this kind of says it all right here from the link that Triumph posted (NFL)

It really is a shame that this guy has been so injury riddled....He certainly did display some amazing talent during one particular season that I recall. I think he also missed 8 games last season as well. Wish him the best in making the squad, but would be surprised to see him survive the season.....if not make it through camp.....Good luck Anthony!

Apparently based on offseason, BB feels that Glass IR Dowling will be a bust at the Wheatley position and brought in Anthony Gonzalez to fill the perennial injury role.

Agree that Gil and especially Geno will crash and burn over the names this season. It will be EPIC!

Edelman and Slater were playing defensive back because the starters and backups were either injured or incompetent. That's a completely irrelevant issue to what I asked you.

This must be some sort of game.

The 2011 NE D backfield had players that were "injured or incompetent", your words. BB was fine heading into 2011 with those guys. He even cut Meriweather and Sanders and only drafted Dowling who you claim is "Glass Dowling IR."

The exact same thing could very well happen at WR without drafting anyone.

This must be some sort of game.

The 2011 NE D backfield had players that were "injured or incompetent", your words. BB was fine heading into 2011 with those guys. He even cut Meriweather and Sanders and only drafted Dowling who you claim is "Glass Dowling IR."

The exact same thing could very well happen at WR without drafting anyone.

You seem to be repeating your inability to comprehend what people are posting from that previous thread. Since I'm not going to continue hoping your grasp of the English language improves, I'll just bid you goodbye.

Jones, look at that again with a pair of these on. Everything is beautiful!

Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

New-England-Patriots-Sun-Glasses_B1.jpg

You seem to be repeating your inability to comprehend what people are posting from that previous thread. Since I'm not going to continue hoping your grasp of the English language improves, I'll just bid you goodbye.

Nah, I see right through people who are full of you know what.

I really like this signing. If he stays healthy he is a very productive receiver, I think he can be a really dependable possession receiver for us. He did play for Indy, and God knows how demanding Peyton is of his receivers, so to me that means he is bright enough to learn the apparently impossibly difficult playbook.

Last edited:
I don't understand why signing Anthony Gonsales is worth 8 pages of discourse.....and the rancor. Given his injury history, this is a spec signing. He's a first round talent who we can get cheap and let him compete for a spot. No downside. If he can recover his game and remain healthy, he's still just basically quality depth even if he makes the final roster.

However I think it doesn't bode well for Deion. At best he'll be in the fight of his life for a roster spot for the vet minimum, at worst he's gone.

However I think it doesn't bode well for Deion. At best he'll be in the fight of his life for a roster spot for the vet minimum, at worst he's gone.
Replace Deion with Ochostinko.

The first question is whether Branch is signed at all. If belichick was talking restructure with Johnson, it would appear that the plan is to keep him. We still could sign Branch to compete for a roster spot in camp.

I don't understand why signing Anthony Gonsales is worth 8 pages of discourse.....and the rancor. Given his injury history, this is a spec signing. He's a first round talent who we can get cheap and let him compete for a spot. No downside. If he can recover his game and remain healthy, he's still just basically quality depth even if he makes the final roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back