PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots talking to Browns about moving up to #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great, but can i substitute ingram in there instead of jones? :D

He gets picked by the Pats at 17. Clearly an oversight by patchick. :rocker:

Quinn will be a monster in the nfl and i'd be speechless if we got him.

If we traded up for Jordan....why........

He gets picked by the Pats at 17. Clearly an oversight by patchick. :rocker:

:)

Regardless of Belichick's actual plan, he's in great shape right now. There are so many confidently reported rumors out there right now that even a Mayo-style leak will just be filed with the rest of them.

I'm strangely calm heading into this draft because there are so many possibilities that prediction is hopeless. I have no clue what will happen, and I'm mellow about it. Ommmmm.

I think its almost a lock that the Browns trade the #6 pick with a ton on teams that could be interested in it. The Vikings and Titans could be looking at Gabbert, Dallas and Houston looking at Peterson, and the most interesting rumor is Atlanta in a blockbuster moving up for AJ Green or Julio Jones. I don't see the Pats making this move up however.

I think if Julio Jones in not picked up by the Bengals then maybe the Browns ditch the trade and draft Jones at #6...that could be a difference maker for the Pats or anyone interested in #6

The Browns would have to be crazy to let a potential top WR for the next decade slip by thier hands...there has not been a true downfield threat in Cleveland since Edwards left and I am sure McCoy would love to have Jones at his disposal in his 2nd year as QB.

Last edited:
I think if Julio Jones in not picked up by the Bengals then maybe the Browns ditch the trade and draft Jones at #6...that could be a difference maker for the Pats or anyone interested in #6

The Browns would have to be crazy to let a potential top WR for the next decade slip by thier hands...there has not been a true downfield threat in Cleveland since Edwards left and I am sure McCoy would love to have Jones at his disposal in his 2nd year as QB.

:agree:

I don't know how Coach Shurmur and Mike Holmgren, both offensively minded, allow Jones slip through their hands. In fact, if they were willing to trade the pick to a team interesting in taking Jones, I would question how good Jones really is or could be in the NFL.

Quinn will be a monster in the nfl and i'd be speechless if we got him.

If you meant a 'monster bust' or a 'monster risk' then I agree. :D
If Pats move up, I most certainly hope it would not be for 'Medicine Woman' Quinn.

Quinn is the classic boom or bust pick. Add to that the fact that he is a projection and has never played standing up, and this is just a highly unlikely scenario. Compare to Jordan, who is a classic, plug and play 10 year starter, with no projection required--he dominated over the course of several years in a power conference in a two-gap system. BB has done well by taking the sure thing in Round 1 and it is overwhelmingly likely he does so again tonight.

This!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Falcons will be trading up to #6 to get Jones.

Been a long time visitor of this site, just decided to finally make an account today. Anyways, if we trade up to number 6 i hope it is for jones. I love this kid. However, if its to take quinn i believe we do not have to trade to 6 to get him. If gosselin is correct on the run of qbs, it is possible that quinn could even be there at 17 along with jordan. I hope this happens because it will make picks 28 and 33 very valuable to teams seeking to get all these players that are falling.

Last edited:
You know what's crazy? There are a couple reasonably realistic scenarios in which Marcell Dareus falls to the 6th pick.

Carolina - Newton
Denver - Von Miller
Buffalo - Gabbert
Cincinatti - AJ Green or Julio Jones
Arizona - Patrick Peterson or AJ Green
#6 .......

In that situation, trading up to 6 would be INCREDIBLY worth it. WOW.

Let's see what happens folks!

You know what's crazy? There are a couple reasonably realistic scenarios in which Marcell Dareus falls to the 6th pick.

Carolina - Newton
Denver - Von Miller
Buffalo - Gabbert
Cincinatti - AJ Green or Julio Jones
Arizona - Patrick Peterson or AJ Green
#6 .......

In that situation, trading up to 6 would be INCREDIBLY worth it. WOW.

Let's see what happens folks!
Dareus is on eof the only players i would be happy to see BB go up and get if he fell that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference