PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Tuesday 10/24/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Higgins is too slow, and without a true #1 like the Bengals have ,I think Higgins will struggle. Evans is, or was, a true #1. Higgins has always been a #2.
What!!!!! Higgins to slow? U gotta be kidding me. He's one of the best Young WRs in the league. He looked pretty fast to me when he played in Foxborough last season. Evans is good ,but as I said on the other side of 30.

We need a WR that stretches the field, and yes, can compete for 50-50's at the sideline, 30 yards downfield.

That is Parker's role, especially in games when we are behind. Keeping Parker is all about whether Thornton can take on that role.
Parker showed flashes last season of what he was in Miami and what he could be for us.. for some reason, he just isn't producing here. I'd love him to be the guy that we hoped he'd be when we traded for him..

Higgins is 1 spot better than Parker - sign the beast!! (with the 38.9% Catch% this year)
Tee Higgins is one of the best WRs in the NFL.. cincy got off to a slow start this season with Joe Brady dealing with the calf issue. He's worth the long term investment 6'5 ,ulta physical, fights on routes, willing blocker in the run game.. yeah.. gimme him for sure..

The issue is that a team would need to take on Parker's 2024 contract guarantees.

UNREASONABLE
Parker AND a player for a 5th

HOPEFUL
Parker for a 5th

MORE LIKELY
Parker for a 6th

PERHAPS
Parker and a 7th for a 6th

I don't think Parker has any guarantees on his contract in 2024. Just dead cap. He has in game roster bonuses and a base salary.

EDIT: I am wrong. He has $3.19 million guaranteed.

Higgins is too slow, and without a true #1 like the Bengals have ,I think Higgins will struggle. Evans is, or was, a true #1. Higgins has always been a #2.
Higgins put up stellar numbers as a rookie. All he had was Tyler Boyd and a broken down AJ Green. If you think that Higgins can't be a #1, you didn't pay attention to 2020.

I don't think Parker has any guarantees on his contract in 2024. Just dead cap. He has in game roster bonuses and a base salary.

EDIT: I am wrong. He has $3.19 million guaranteed.

Which would go to whomever he was traded to..

Patriots Waived Malik Cunningham
Patriots released Trey Flowers.

Guess we need to find a LB/DE to add to the rotation. As much as I liked the pressure we put on Allen, I'm doubt the big guys an do that game in and game out.

EDIT: Wonder if they reach out to someone like Jordan Willis or Justin Hollins.

Also wonder what the Pas will do with the roster spot they created..

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back