PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Dante Scarnecchia returns as OL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Scar convinced Bill that Bon Jovi absolutely sucks.

For better or worse, BB seems to have a soft spot for Bon Jovi. Sources say he thinks he's a first-ballot rock-n-roll hall of famer.

Stephen Gostkowski explains how he moved on quickly after PAT miss

With Dante Scarnecchia’s return to the Patriots as offensive line coach solidified, except for the official announcement (the team will likely wait to publicly disclose its entire staff until it is complete), here’s one thing I’ll be watching for: Who is his assistant? Scarnecchia turns 68 today, and just as the team is always thinking "next man up” with players, developing Scarnecchia’s successor while he’s still on staff is critical for perpetuating the franchise. That said, it obviously didn’t work out the way the Patriots envisioned with Dave DeGuglielmo, whose contract wasn’t renewed after two years as offensive line coach.

I know....No question he has had stretches of disastrous play. He could easily be a lost cause. I think Scar will figure that out real quick.

One would have to assume that Scarnecchia has a good idea of what Cannon's all about. He was here for the scouting and drafting process, and a lot of people here seem to be forgetting the fact that Scarnecchia was still showing up at Gillette once a week to go over the OL assignments and film breakdown, even while Guge was technically the OL coach.

Scar was here for a full day every single week all year long (including the loss in the AFCCG), and that's not even bringing up the fact that he was a major part of the scouting and drafting process the past 2 seasons.

For better or worse, BB seems to have a soft spot for Bon Jovi. Sources say he thinks he's a first-ballot rock-n-roll hall of famer.

Maybe he likes the person more than the musician???..

Maybe he likes the person more than the musician???..

We can only hope. Let's not forget Bon Jovi owns or owned an Arena League team.

Return is confirmed now through multiple sources.

#Patriots re-hired Dante Scarnecchia as OL coach, source confirmed.
Adam Caplan @caplannfl

Return is confirmed now through multiple sources.

#Patriots re-hired Dante Scarnecchia as OL coach, source confirmed.
Adam Caplan @caplannfl

tumblr_lec86lMf9e1qf00qf.gif

wonderful knows but it's about the jimmys and the joes.

cant have fleming/cannon fodder on the flanks ever again. same with michael williams. he stays in to block on every play and tom still gets demolished.

Bon Jovi is awesome, anybody who doesn't think so is an ignorant, dumb... person.

Bon Jovi is awesome, anybody who doesn't think so is an ignorant, dumb... person.

Whats funny is that I wasn't a huge fan of them when they were in their hey day but now I like them.

A reminder of my youth I guess....

So with Scar back, what would everyones opinion be of returning both Blount and Jackson to be the "big backs", keeping Lewis and White as the change of pace backs, and finding a way to fit Develin too? It'd save us money, the OL will hopefully improve, experience, superior coaching, etc.

The RB's were not good in the running game last season, but both big backs have proven over their careers that they possess the ability, and while the OL and passing game were both clicking on all cylinders pre-injury disaster even Blount was averaging over 5.0ypc I believe.

A long term solution is clearly needed, but perhaps 2016 should be more devoted to upgrading depth at WR, TE, and OL while RB can be addressed in an offseason with better young prospects whether it be the draft or FA. There are no slam dunks in 2016.

This team is poised to be even better in 2016 if we can avoid the incredible streak of bad luck we saw in 2015, the number of injuries to our key players was unreal.

I had this conversation on Facebook:

AC Does this move mean big Billy b is indirectly admitting he screwed up? Either way glad it's being corrected

"}">Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

BN Agreed.

"}">Like · Reply · 5 hrs

ME AC, please explain how coach Bellichick screwed up. Dante Scarnecchia (although an excellent coach) is in his 60's and retired two years ago.

"}">Like · Reply · 2 hrs

AC Because I really don't thing he is a great gm.. if he can pull him out of retirement then he should be able to talk him out of it in the first place

"}">Like · Reply · 2 hrs

AC He let's good things walk away from the team far to often

"}">Like · Reply · 2 hrs

ME He is NOT perfect however he just won the Superbowl one year ago.

"}">Like · Reply · 2 hrs

AC Honk alert...God forbid I state my opinion on the all mighty Bill...should have won it this year too

"}">Like · Reply · 1 hr

ME Who is stopping you from stating your opinion?

Is someone going to be serving as a backup OL coach? With Scar's age, and this looking like a short term situation, hopefully this will be an opportunity for him to groom a successor.

So with Scar back, what would everyones opinion be of returning both Blount and Jackson to be the "big backs", keeping Lewis and White as the change of pace backs, and finding a way to fit Develin too? It'd save us money, the OL will hopefully improve, experience, superior coaching, etc.

Steven Jackson is long gone and couldn't even definitively commit to Belichick's inquiry without taking a couple of days to see if his body could withstand the training. There was nothing wrong with picking him up in hopes of improving the ridiculously thin running game, but it was fairly obvious that he was done. I can't see any scenario where he comes back.

LaGarrette Blount is an option, but someone else would be needed as well. That "someone" could be obtained through free agency (either on the cheap or the kind of signing that we all want), as well as the draft.

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine them spending all that much money on the position with a "major" signing. I think there are some value signings like Alfred Morris, LG Blount, and possibly even a guy in the same vein as Joique Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back