PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumor Pats inquired about a Deebo trade with SF

A report indicating the Patriots are potentially in the market for this player, or have expressed or plant to express interest.
Bills reportedly interested in trading for him too.
Tough for me to see with their cap... Buffalo Bills Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

They have to free up enough room to initially absorb his $14.1M salary. They can alter it after the fact, but they have to fit it in initially. Unless SF is willing to convert some of it to signing bonus and retain the money, but that seems unlikely. That's really the only way to make it work, because BUF doesn't have the means to create more cap space. Their whole roster is on minimum salaries so there's nothing to convert to bonus to push back cap hits. They've exhausted all the options.

if SF converted his salary to a signing bonus then the Bills can fit him in and extend for sure. But that defeats the purpose of why SF is dealing him.

Not really interested unless the compensation is a late 3rd sort of deal. Ageing player, injury prone, not an X receiver, not had a thousand yard season since 2021.

Plus it seems pretty difficult to pull off unless he's already in Foxboro to take medical. Pretty tough to trade a pick for someone you haven't medically checked out.

Find a way to get Deebo, Higgins, and McConkey. That would be legit.

He’s obviously a good player but more of a gadget weapon, not a true #1. Wouldnt give 34 for him

A lot of tread has already come off the Deebo tire

Wonder how much of that is 'interest' is legit and how much is trying to drive the cost up. The Bills currently have all of @ $3M in cap space

I would do 68 for him...trade back to mid 2nd to re-coop the 3rd and draft best OT then best CB ir WR.

Nah.. he has lost too much tread . It will be like agholor or juju . At this point I would want either aiyuk or higgins . Else stay put and develop your own guys.

Pass. He’s declining already, injury prone, and not even a true wide receiver. He’s a luxury weapon for a great team, not a foundational piece for a rebuilding team.
Hey Cousin, I know you "passed" on him and you are entitled to your opinion but hope Wolf does not. This "declining" Deebo had 7 TDs, almost 900 yards and 60 catches last year. He's only 28 years old. You can't want Maye to have a bare shelf? Not one of out WRs is a threat to any defense. Deebo still is. His contract lasts 2 more years until he is 30 and is not crazy.
I am sure the "passers" on this site would take Diggs who is over 30. Deebo was 14.9 yards per catch and Diggs had 11.1. I hardly would call Deebo a luxury weapon. He would be our #1. He played in 15 games . He also had 262 yards rushing. Yes I would rather have Aiyuk because he is two years younger but they are both better than anything we can Draft is Round two, at least right now.
DW Toys

Doubtful anything will happen but good to kick the tires you never know. Shame they weren't this interested 5 drafts ago...better late than never I guess.

I don't buy these reports anymore. So far we've been 'in on' everyone this offseason, and all there is to show for it is a 3rd down back, a bunch of dumpster FAs, and a raw QB prospect.

Hey Cousin, I know you "passed" on him and you are entitled to your opinion but hope Wolf does not. This "declining" Deebo had 7 TDs, almost 900 yards and 60 catches last year. He's only 28 years old. You can't want Maye to have a bare shelf? Not one of out WRs is a threat to any defense. Deebo still is. His contract lasts 2 more years until he is 30 and is not crazy.
I am sure the "passers" on this site would take Diggs who is over 30. Deebo was 14.9 yards per catch and Diggs had 11.1. I hardly would call Deebo a luxury weapon. He would be our #1. He played in 15 games . He also had 262 yards rushing. Yes I would rather have Aiyuk because he is two years younger but they are both better than anything we can Draft is Round two, at least right now.
DW Toys
Thank you. Deebo Samuel would be a monster upgrade over what we have now. He gets separation, and is a threat to score every time he has the ball.

Not surprising. Honestly as a GM, you aren't doing your job if you aren’t reaching out to every team that has a player you’re interested in and asking if they are willing to talk. Who knows, the response you get back might surprise you.

Doubtful anything will happen but good to kick the tires you never know. Shame they weren't this interested 5 drafts ago...better late than never I guess.

Love Deebo. That was who I wanted when they took Harry. And Deebo wanted to be a Patriot.

Love Deebo. That was who I wanted when they took Harry. And Deebo wanted to be a Patriot.
To be fair, Pats had a QB then.

I was hearing Bills don't have the collateral or cap space to aquire him we do. I'm all in on Deebo.. but he's injury prone due to his physical playing style. He literally can play every offensive skill position on the field. He's a match up nightmare.

I was hearing Bills don't have the collateral or cap space to aquire him we do. I'm all in on Deebo.. but he's injury prone due to his physical playing style. He literally can play every offensive skill position on the field. He's a match up nightmare.
Now being reported a trade is unlikely.

Thank you. Deebo Samuel would be a monster upgrade over what we have now. He gets separation, and is a threat to score every time he has the ball.
This. Agreed only knock on him is due to he's such a physically imposing player he gets knicked up alot.

However he is a match up night mare. He lines up all over the formation. He would be sensational here. Imagine he and rham lined up in the backfield or he and Gibson lined up out wide.

If they can get him they won’t abuse him by playing him at RB.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back