PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats now betting favorites to land Delvin Cook (Update: Odds "Pretty High" He Signs With Jets)

Opinions seem to be strongly split between "he'd be great here" to "he showed he was washed up last year."

I think he has a couple more seasons in him, though he's no longer - if he ever really was - somebody who could consistently win between the Tackles... But that's not how he would be mostly used here anyway.

If we are giving a big contract to someone, I would not want it to be Cook. I would rather have Yannick Ngouke (?) and a lesser contract to Jarvis Landry or Akiem Hicks (if he's healthy.

I wouldn't mind seeing any/all of those dudes here too... But Cook is clearly the best available weapon for Mac after Hopkins; and I'm not ready to push all my chips on the table for Strong just yet.

I’m surprised not one person has brought up his situation with his girlfriend.

Signing him would be hypocritical of the Pats and some fans.

Fair enough, but that aside...people are questioning his talent and fit with the team....which is crazy to me.

I'd only question his situation with the gf and the $$$ aspect of it.

The fact that she didn’t take the money seems telling but playing the devil’s advocate….it is possible that Cook is innocent, or believes that he is, and that the $1m offer was him reasoning that the money would be worth it, when taking into account future lawyers fees and the salary income that he anticipated losing due to most teams not wanting to go anywhere near a player who is accused of domestic assault.
She texted him pictures of her face and he apologized for what he did. He's a scumbag.

Well with that fresh in peoples minds I'd say he has snow balls chance in hell to sign with the Patriots.

Well with that fresh in peoples minds I'd say he has snow balls chance in hell to sign with the Patriots.

Yep... if this were 2021, that is...

But if the league is allowing him to play this season, then why not us?

I’m surprised not one person has brought up his situation with his girlfriend.

Signing him would be hypocritical of the Pats and some fans.
Hypocritical for who, those who believe you are guilty until proven innocent?

If he's 2/3rds the cost this is insane. He's worth a shot for like $3M with escalators maxing out at $6M.
6m? LOL.

Try minimum 10m per year with at least 20m dollars guaranteed for a premium talent like Dalvin Cook. He's not gonna come cheap if he comes at all.

"According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Cook is seeking somewhere in the ballpark of $10.4 million as opposed to the $5 million he was due to make with the Vikings before they cut him."

Source Article.

I haven't heard any news of the Patriots even making a contract offer to Dalvin Cook.

I like the idea but I doubt that it happens.

I think it's kind of shameful that the Patriots would pay an inconsistent player like Parker 11 million per year but would be unlikely to pay a potential instant impact on the field like Cook 10m per year. But I guess that's how the market works right now.

The patriots are not signing Dalvin Cook. Its click bait. It is not a BB like move
Lets move on to next meritless dumb rumor
It's not a good business move for him either. He's not going to take less than market to share carries. He was the 6th leader rusher last season.

The patriots are not signing Dalvin Cook. Its click bait. It is not a BB like move
Lets move on to next meritless dumb rumor

OK then, how about who's Eliot Wolf taking with our top-10 pick in next year's draft, a QB or LT?

Because without another play-making runner/receiver for Mac, expect a lot of 24-20 losses this season.

Last edited:
OK then, how about who's Eliot Wolf taking with our top-10 pick in next year's draft, a QB or LT?

Because without out another play-making runner/receiver for Mac, expect a lot of 24-20 losses this season.

Glass half empty again?

Because without out another play-making runner/receiver for Mac, expect a lot of 24-20 losses this season.
You're assuming Bill is gone after this year?

I was slow catching on to these developments about said player. That’s a no go.

He had no chance prior to that. Would have cost too much money. Pats are in save money mode. But yeah hes a POS.

He had no chance prior to that. Would have cost too much money. Pats are in save money mode. But yeah hes a
6m? LOL.

Try minimum 10m per year with at least 20m dollars guaranteed for a premium talent like Dalvin Cook. He's not gonna come cheap if he comes at all.

"According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Cook is seeking somewhere in the ballpark of $10.4 million as opposed to the $5 million he was due to make with the Vikings before they cut him."

Source Article.

I haven't heard any news of the Patriots even making a contract offer to Dalvin Cook.

I like the idea but I doubt that it happens.

I think it's kind of shameful that the Patriots would pay an inconsistent player like Parker 11 million per year but would be unlikely to pay a potential instant impact on the field like Cook 10m per year. But I guess that's how the market works right now.
I believe the base is lower but Parker could make up to 11 million in incentives. The typical Patriots contract.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back