PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Should Not Show Up To Day 2, Ever !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a reason why the Giants are SB champs, and we are not"

GIANTS SUCK!! Dynasty?? They won't even make the post season this year. Lucky basterds, don't ever doubt the Pats about who they pick and why.

Watch and learn !!

There is a reason why the Giants are SB champs, and we are not, and possibly heading in the opposite direction, as the Giants may be building a Dynasty. Pats pick a QB that will not help this team this year or the next (I don't buy us getting a #2 pick or certainly not a #1 for this guy, people were saying the same thing with Cassel, who not only will get us ZERO draft choices, but will probably get cut). If we are going to go offense, why not pick the guy the Giants picked, Mario Manningham ? The Giants understand Day 2, that's why they are the champs (Look at last years draft, and the start of this years). We can't seem to buy a clue on day 2, since 2002 (David Givens). Terrible pick with good CB's STILL on the board ! And don't give me that "We got Moss on day 2" crap ! We could have made a killing in round 3, that would have helped our team THIS yeear !! We could have have a third round of Dan Connor, Justing King & Tyvon Branch, instead we have a 2nd round pick NEXT YEAR (Brady will be a year OLDER by then), Crable (who I like) and a QB who may never play an NFL game. You can not tell me Conner, King & Branch isn't better than what we wound up with. Case closed !! So far, if I had to rate this draft, I give it a C-.

If you're gonna go Offense, why not TE (we are thin at TE), Kellen Davis is still available, or offensive line, which folded like a house of cards in the SB, or RB or WR, there are still some good ones left of all of these positions !. To pick this QB over a guy like CB Justin King is just a crime, and a sign that Beoli is losing it. I'm sorry guys, flame away. I know these guys know more about football, and prospects than I'll ever know, but these picks, or lack of picks (constant trading for future picks) is hurting us.

the Giants are SB champs because they collectively played and coached the game of their lives against a team that played and coached its worst game of the season, ending when a guy caught a Hail Mary! pass on his head at the end.

as for the pats' performance on the second day of the draft, i'll let those who know more about the draft than i do answer that, other than to comment that, IMO, pick 199 in the sixth round of 2000 offsets a whole lot of other Day Two picks...

this post is the perfect example of the "miserable N.E. fan". this thread is beyond stupid. stop getting enamored with every name plastered on some crappy draft magazine.

There is a reason why the Giants are SB champs, and we are not, and possibly heading in the opposite direction, as the Giants may be building a Dynasty. .

Your brain needs this
There's too much crap in it.
200.jpg

Scott is on point. Whats up with drafting a qb and several injured players? Whats BB smoking???

Don't feel the trolls (and Gnats fans) folks.

10 Players who are starters in the team were drafted 4th round and below.I get your point.

As far as the Giants, I just admire the draft choices they've made in the last few years, guys like Brandon Jacobs, a 4th round pick, Ahmad Bradshaw, a 7th round pick last year, In fact 6 of their 8 picks contributed in hurting us last year. I'm also disappointed in the way some of the draft choices have gone the last two years. For example, last year I would have loved to have seen the Pats draft David Harris with the second 1st round pick, we traded that pick which turned out to be SF's #1 pick, which turned out to be Jerod Mayo. I love the Mayo pick, but there is no doubt Harriis is a stud, he showed that last year. There is no guarantee that Mayo will be a better ILB than Harris. So was it a good move, only time will tell. Obviously I hope Mayo will become the better player.

6 of 8 giants second day picks hurt the pats in the superbowl but that doesn't matter, the only question is this: how many of those picks would have made the pats roster last year? the pats cut a lot of potential loose because there was no room for it, or because of misguided loyalty to veterans depending on how you look at it.

The funny thing about this thread is that the original poster is comparing the Pats to the Giants in terms of draft and how great the Giants draft was last year. If you go back and look at most of the draft report cards last year, most draft experts claimed that the Giants had a horrible draft and were going to be hardpressed to get any production out of their draft picks. Now this guy is saying they are draft geniuses and panning the Pats' draft even before the draft is done.

There is a reason why the Giants are SB champs, and we are not, and possibly heading in the opposite direction, as the Giants may be building a Dynasty. Pats pick a QB that will not help this team this year or the next (I don't buy us getting a #2 pick or certainly not a #1 for this guy, people were saying the same thing with Cassel, who not only will get us ZERO draft choices, but will probably get cut). If we are going to go offense, why not pick the guy the Giants picked, Mario Manningham ? The Giants understand Day 2, that's why they are the champs (Look at last years draft, and the start of this years). We can't seem to buy a clue on day 2, since 2002 (David Givens). Terrible pick with good CB's STILL on the board ! And don't give me that "We got Moss on day 2" crap ! We could have made a killing in round 3, that would have helped our team THIS yeear !! We could have have a third round of Dan Connor, Justing King & Tyvon Branch, instead we have a 2nd round pick NEXT YEAR (Brady will be a year OLDER by then), Crable (who I like) and a QB who may never play an NFL game. You can not tell me Conner, King & Branch isn't better than what we wound up with. Case closed !! So far, if I had to rate this draft, I give it a C-.

If you're gonna go Offense, why not TE (we are thin at TE), Kellen Davis is still available, or offensive line, which folded like a house of cards in the SB, or RB or WR, there are still some good ones left of all of these positions !. To pick this QB over a guy like CB Justin King is just a crime, and a sign that Beoli is losing it. I'm sorry guys, flame away. I know these guys know more about football, and prospects than I'll ever know, but these picks, or lack of picks (constant trading for future picks) is hurting us.

Great post. I agree.
DW Toys

this is why a lot of people hate NE and NE's fans. they ***** and complain about how bad of a draft belichick and pioli had when they see the names they picked and then a few years later down the line these same fans are praising belichick and pioli for their genius moves. you can't evaluate the draft and how teams did the day of or after the draft. as mostly everyone knows, it takes about 2-3 years to evaluate how good/bad a team has drafted. remember everyone knocking belichick for taking logan mankins? remember some experts questioning the richard seymour pick? look at how they have turned out, they are both pro bowlers. asante samuel was a 4th round pick who just got ridiculous money from the eagles. you have to trust that belichick and pioli know what they are doing. they obviously have a great eye for talent and based on the past, i think you should be more confident in what they do. they went after the main needs by getting younger at linebacker and getting some secondary help. i dont see anything wrong with taking a QB who can backup brady. god forbid if brady went down, do you really want to have to rely on a matt cassel? seeing what brady has become, i have confidence o'connell can develop into at least a decent backup. as for slater, belichick loves versatile guys and that is exactly what this guy brings. special teams is just as important as offense and defense.

i think sometimes people get too caught up in the big names that some teams take. just because the giants took mario manningham, andre woodson, and goff doesnt mean these players will be stars. manningham has major character questions. he basically just showed up to the combine without training figuring to just get by and wound up running a 4.6 in the 40.

a good example of a big name player who is now out of the NFL: maurice clarett
this guy dominated at ohio state for one season but couldnt stay out of trouble and had major character flaws. like manningham, he ran a slow 40. clarett ran a 4.7 or 4.8 if i remember correctly. he went in the third round to the broncos and it was obviously a huge mistake. he came into camp about 20 pounds overweight and had some conflicts with the denver coaches. he was eventually cut and never played a down in the NFL.

i'm not saying manningham is the next clarett, but he is still a risk. plus there was no need for the pats to take a risk like this, especially when they had other holes to fill. stop getting caught up in the big names and start realizing that the pats did exactly what they had to do in this draft.

Scott is on point. Whats up with drafting a qb and several injured players? Whats BB smoking???

I dunno. What's up with the Giants drafting a 2nd-day QB??? Don't they grasp the utter absurdity of it?

Gawd....

this is why a lot of people hate NE and NE's fans. they ***** and complain about how bad of a draft belichick and pioli had when they see the names they picked and then a few years later down the line these same fans are praising belichick and pioli for their genius moves. you can't evaluate the draft and how teams did the day of or after the draft. as mostly everyone knows, it takes about 2-3 years to evaluate how good/bad a team has drafted.

Feel free to go check all the other teams' forums. You'll find plenty of threads on the topic.

Wait, so now people are complaining because they didn't draft ENOUGH OL and TEs? Damn, there's really no pleasing you guys is there?

Anyone who disagree's with the Patriot braintrusts picks get's destroyed here. I understand that, but I just think the Pat have missed the boat th last few years on some great players on the second day.

No, anyone who thinks they know more than the guys who built the Pats into the preeminent American sports franchise gets destroyed, and rightfully so.

You have the right to voice your opinion, but be prepared to take your medicine when you say something as dumb as, "The Pats haven't had a good Day 2 pick since David Givens" or "The Giants may be building a dynasty!"

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents