PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Goodell follows the level of punishment meted out to other teams, we are looking at loss of one or two mid round draft choices and a sizeable fine. However, based on past history, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes as far as loss of the #1 draft choices in both 2020 and 2021, a fine in excess of $1M and suspension of one or more Patriot personnel (possibly selected key players) for a portion of, or all of, the 2020 season.

There doesn't seem to be any competitive advantage to the video but I was hoping for a stationary camera basically just rolling on their sideline. Not zooming in on the substitutions coming onto the field and back to the sideline. It is what it is at this point but I was hoping for something different.

This feels like the Bengals being a bunch of bastards, I don’t think the NFL wanted this out. Especially with how this was cut.

anyway seriously how is the Bengals media taking this?

This feels like the Bengals being a bunch of bastards, I don’t think the NFL wanted this out. Especially with how this was cut.

anyway seriously how is the Bengals media taking this?

I sure hope the NFL didn’t want this out. Because this looks like a video trying to frame one of their teams.

BB was done if it looked like the Spygate tape did. This didn’t. At least on this clip.

And you have to think the worst of the tape was what was showed on TV or released to Glazer. How about the other 7 minutes where we just hear everyone talking as usually because no one thinks anything of this?

If Goodell follows the level of punishment meted out to other teams, we are looking at loss of one or two mid round draft choices and a sizeable fine. However, based on past history, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes as far as loss of the #1 draft choices in both 2020 and 2021, a fine in excess of $1M and suspension of one or more Patriot personnel (possibly selected key players) for a portion of, or all of, the 2020 season.
As much as I lean toward expecting the worst, all of this stuff won't happen.

So who leaked the video? Was it the NFL or the Bengals? If the latter, Roger won't be pleased.
The way the video ends tells me that it was Cincy. I don’t think it’s coincidental that it’s edited to end like that.

someone check my math...

post-spygate - 17 straight wins
post-defalate gate - 12 straight wins

post-spygatev2 - 7 straight wins (?)

...really regressing but i guess we can settle on that

Of course the NFL approved the release of this video. It shows only the part that could be construed as being somewhat nefarious - á la DeflateGate.

The owners want yet another pound of flesh from the Patriots. You think our millionaire congressmen are corrupt? Well, cry baby billionaires that always get their collective way aren’t able to beat New England on the field, so they continue with this bullshyte.

This edited video release is the foreshadowing of what’s to come. I hope I’m wrong...

someone check my math...

post-spygate - 17 straight
post-defalate gate - 12 straight

post-spygatev2 - 7 straight

...really regressing but i guess we can settle on that
What do these numbers represent? What’s happened 7 times since last Sunday?

Inexcusable for the Pats to even put themselves in this position where anything can even be deemed as cheating by the Pats haters out there.

Exactly!!! Why even risk it - for a dumb Do Your Job video series? Now we have to wait till the ruling and that will be a big day. Then at draft - it will be brought up again. So sick of this. Want to focus on friggin Football. Kraft needs to be punished.

Inexcusable for the Pats to even put themselves in this position where anything can even be deemed as cheating by the Pats haters out there.

The decision making process behind taking a team affiliated employee and having him take a camera and film the opponents sideline in front of an entire press box is just so f.uckig unbelievably mind boggling stupid that the Pats almost deserve to be punished for being so dumb.

Exactly!!! Why even risk it - for a dumb Do Your Job video series? Now we have to wait till the ruling and that will be a big day. Then at draft - it will be brought up again. So sick of this. Want to focus on friggin Football. Kraft needs to be punished.
Agree, Kraft should be punished for not getting Brown back for Brady

It’s as if they wanted to get caught! Utterly bizarre and ridiculous!

Agree, Kraft should be punished for not getting Brown back for Brady
Could care less about AB at this point. Can’t believe there is a spy gate 2 now! After all the crap the first time it happened - here we go again. Ofcourse the league hates us and so do the fans. But we give them so much to work with. It’s really unbelievable. This is a total waste of time and we have to thank Kraft productions for NOT “doing their job”!!!

Am I the only one who just doesn’t care about this crap anymore?

Like we know it’s stupid, we know jealous fans will continue on with their cheating nonsense, we know the NFL will overreact....but I just can’t work myself up to care anymore about another round of this hot air.

If this is “cheating” we seriously need to step our game up and “cheat” better because it hasn’t been working too well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes