PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 2, 3 or 4

I like so much MHJ pick and take my chance if our next move is to grab Penix. Assuming of course MHJ survives somehow to pick 3.
With you on MHJ, not at all with you on Penix.

I like so much MHJ pick and take my chance if our next move is to grab Penix. Assuming of course MHJ survives somehow to pick 3

Penix injury history scares me….i do like Maye and Daniels if we go QB….

Now that we are guaranteed one of the top 3 qbs i would love to see us target jonah Williams and tee higgins in fa if neither get tagged then get your qb. Then 2nd round on you can go bpa, great chances to upgrade the team
If Trent Browns availability frustrated you, Jonah will frustrate you even more.

I think Chicago will keep going with Fields and take Harrison with 1#.

People need to realize that if the Bears aren't going QB, then there is an extremely high possibility they trade down and let someone jump us because they can probably still get Harrison at 4. They can set it up so the top 3 are QB needy teams that need to draft that position and then can get their guy anyways. Then they also have another high pick right after.

The best thing that could happen to them is for them to believe Fields works out and they can get the top offensive weapon and probably top defender or OL after that.

If Trent Browns availability frustrated you, Jonah will frustrate you even more.

I looked into this just now, am I missing something here? 16 starts per season each of the last 3 years
IMG_6072.jpeg

People need to realize that if the Bears aren't going QB, then there is an extremely high possibility they trade down and let someone jump us because they can probably still get Harrison at 4. They can set it up so the top 3 are QB needy teams that need to draft that position and then can get their guy anyways. Then they also have another high pick right after.

The best thing that could happen to them is for them to believe Fields works out and they can get the top offensive weapon and probably top defender or OL after that.
That would only be if whoever has #4 wants to trade up and wants to take a qb. There is only 1 team that can trade them #4. So “someone” can’t jump up in your scenario, only the team at 4. And that would mean all of the top 3 take QBs.

You don’t pick a qb just to pick a qb. If the right one is there take him. If it’s Caleb Williams run away.
Out of curiosity, do you think there’s a QB in free agency that’s worth a look? The QBs on the roster right now aren’t the answer (definitely in Mac’s case, most likely in Zappe’s). Among the FAs are Cousins, Tannehill, Brissett, Mayfield, Mineshew, Tyrod Taylor, Dobbs. Garoppolo likely once he’s cut. Any look appealing? Just afraid that if we don’t like the college QBs and don’t like the free agents, we’ll just be in the same position next year.

With the #3 pick, we are an ideal trade partner with Chicago for the #1 pick.

At 3 I’d say there is a 90% chance they could still get MHJ, because Washington passing on a QB seems extremely unlikely.

The questions becomes what would we give up to secure Williams at #1.

If Washington also wants Williams, it would become a 2 team bidding war.

My concern is blowing the pick. WR's, even "generational" ones bust at an alarming rate. QB's aren't far behind. Linemen, both o and D are much more likely to suceed.

My concern is blowing the pick. WR's, even "generational" ones bust at an alarming rate. QB's aren't far behind. Linemen, both o and D are much more likely to suceed.
A great OT or Edge rusher is awesome to have. Still won’t take your team to the playoffs if the QB stinks. The likelihood of hitting a QB in the top 5 is much higher than later. It’s riskier, but less risky than trying to find a QB outside of the top ten.

With the #3 pick, we are an ideal trade partner with Chicago for the #1 pick.

At 3 I’d say there is a 90% chance they could still get MHJ, because Washington passing on a QB seems extremely unlikely.

The questions becomes what would we give up to secure Williams at #1.

If Washington also wants Williams, it would become a 2 team bidding war.
Very true, Bears can slide down only 2 picks and still get the guy they want, and still possibly have another top 10 pick. May be expensive though, could see that costing a 2025 first.

Out of curiosity, do you think there’s a QB in free agency that’s worth a look? The QBs on the roster right now aren’t the answer (definitely in Mac’s case, most likely in Zappe’s). Among the FAs are Cousins, Tannehill, Brissett, Mayfield, Mineshew, Tyrod Taylor, Dobbs. Garoppolo likely once he’s cut. Any look appealing? Just afraid that if we don’t like the college QBs and don’t like the free agents, we’ll just be in the same position next year.

I think Cousins on a two year deal would be allright in my opinion.

People reach higher on QB's and WR's because they are more impactufl. Lineman usually get drafted where they should be, but a single one isn't going to be the thing that makes or breaks your team so people don't take as big of a risk. Getting one good lineman won't fix that this is still a bad offensive line.

Very true, Bears can slide down only 2 picks and still get the guy they want, and still possibly have another top 10 pick. May be expensive though, could see that costing a 2025 first.
Take a look at what Carolina gave them last year. Terrible, terrible move

Nix or Maye. There’s five or six QBs that are first round talent. Who knows how many will pan out, but not bad picks.

looks like we are locked in at 3

Chicago
Washington
New England

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes