PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 2, 3 or 4

I’m glad the pick is set stone so there won’t be a new thread every hour from the OP assessing which pick we might get. Hilarious he couldn’t even wait it out another few hours to see which pick.

prediction

CHI takes Williams
WAS takes Maye
NE takes Harrison Jr

even though they ****ed the team all year, Jones’ ******** against BUF and Ryland’s ******** against DEN cost the team a QB
That seems to be the very likely outcome. Maybe a team is willing to trade multiple firsts for the Pats pick. I’d love that deal as long as they stay in the top 12 or so. I just don’t want to see them move down a few slots for like an extra 3rd and 5th which would be typical Bill.

Let me state this very clearly to all the dreamers out there. Williams WILL go number 1 either to Bears or whoever makes a trade with them. Knowing this fact should brush aside most of the ridiculous theories contained in this thread.

Have you guyz, wondered if, Let's say the qb we like is sitting at 3 , we can trade 3 to either cardinals or chargers if Marvin Harrison is available and get a extra 2nd round pick.

That way we get QB, OT and WR with top 40 picks.

Washington is definitely taking Caleb, and bears are definitely sticking with Fields and taking MHJr. I just don’t see any other scenarios.

Washington getting a new HC and they would want a good young QB that is nfl ready.

We will take Drake and maybe Harbaugh comes to NE.
Sources?

Commanders may not get Caleb Williams because that number one may be auctioned off by the Bears.

I see no scenario where the first two picks are not Williams/Maye. Chicago/trade up team and then Washington picks.

Have you guyz, wondered if, Let's say the qb we like is sitting at 3 , we can trade 3 to either cardinals or chargers if Marvin Harrison is available and get a extra 2nd round pick.

That way we get QB, OT and WR with top 40 picks.
Trading out of 3 to get lower tier guys like Penix, JJ, or Nix would make the fan base irate.

Patriots need a franchise QB. Bolded guys are not that.

Idk. Coming out of this draft with a QB not named Daniels, Williams, or Maye would sour many fans imo.

Trading out of 3 to get lower tier guys like Penix, JJ, or Nix would make the fan base irate.

I meant let's say we like maye or daniels and they are still available at 3 along with MHJ , we can trade down to 5 or 4 and still make our QB pick and get an additional OT / WR due to chargers and cardinals with vying for MHJ.

If chicago sends off the #1 overall for a ransom, do you think there’s a a chance that they could come back up to our pick with the 9th lick and some of their wealth in a trade similar to Miami-SF a few years ago, MHJ being their target?

History has shown that QB's identified pre draft as "franchise" have about a 20% probability of actually being that.

I meant let's say we like maye or daniels and they are still available at 3 along with MHJ , we can trade down to 5 or 4 and still make our QB pick and get an additional OT / WR due to chargers and cardinals with vying for MHJ.
Daniels does not look like a number 3 pick to me, he is throwing to very good receivers and it doesn't look like he is reading coverages and throwing the ball on time.

So your saying NEP come away MHJ and Daniels?

So Brady & Purdy?

What I don't know is if early pick QB drafting has had a lower probability of success than other positions. For example, how many OT's have been drafted in the top 10, and how did they fair over their careers? Would love to see that research. NOTE: not supposition or opinion, but research.

Wouldn’t make me mad.

If we came away with Alt, Fashanu, or Nabers, plus Penix, I would see that as a win.

Last edited:
If chicago sends off the #1 overall for a ransom, do you think there’s a a chance that they could come back up to our pick with the 9th lick and some of their wealth in a trade similar to Miami-SF a few years ago, MHJ being their target?
Maybe.

They made a haul last year for Young, another haul for the #1 pick would leave them with a lot of trade ammo.

Wouldn’t make me mad.

If we came away with Alt, Fashanu, or Nabors, plus Penix, I would see that as a win.
It's not a win though.

You have to come out of here with your guy of the future.

24/25 year old rookie drafted QB's is very risky.

Sources?

Commanders may not get Caleb Williams because that number one may be auctioned off by the Bears.

I see no scenario where the first two picks are not Williams/Maye. Chicago/trade up team and then Washington picks.
Harrison is the best WR to come out in ages. He's like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald. If you have a QB like Fields, the best thing you can do for him is give him Harrison.

But you're not getting Harrison if you trade down for #1 unless you're willing to give the Patriots almost as big a ransom as you got for Caleb Williams.

Say some team gives the Bears 3 first rounders and a 2nd (the 49ers gave up 3 first rounders and a 3rd for Lance, including the #12 pick which ended up being Micah Parsons) for Williams. I suspect the haul might be even bigger than that. 4 first rounders. The Bears would have to turn around and give the Patriots more than half of that haul.

Would the Patriots take the deal? They'd have to first insist on the higher pick (4-8) than the Bears own 9. Why? Because this is a draft with only 14 players with first round grades, and they would want an immediate player (likely a tackle).

The Bears just may decide to stick it out with Harrison. These guys are worth at least 2 or 3 first rounders these days.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back