Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games will the Pats win this year?

• Less than 6

Votes: 6 4.0%

Votes: 9 6.0%

Votes: 22 14.8%

Votes: 27 18.1%

Votes: 28 18.8%

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • More than 10

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No saying I told you so unless you vote! Made it a poll but folks should also post their predictions

I say 8, which might be real optimistic with this offensive line, but I hope I'm way too low
I voted for 7 after an offseason where I thought 10 was possible.

I said 9 wins. Division split for 3 wins, 2-2 vs NFC East, 1-3 vs AFC West and wins over Saints, Colts and Pit.

Have a chance at sneaking in to the playoffs.
See, I think 2-4 in the division. I think at least one of the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills will sweep us. OL aside (and much of this depends on Becton’s health and general competency as a pro), the Jets basically just need semi-competent QB play in order to make major steps. Hard to see them not getting that with an old Rodgers as opposed to Zach Wilson/Joe Flacco in 2022.

Of course, this whole practice is essentially meaningless right now and we just do it for fun. There’s no way of knowing which team gets killed with injuries this season, or which team only looks good on paper but doesn’t have the results (something that happens every season).

Phil Perry had predicted before training camp started that Schuster was going to miss time and that his knee could be a problem. Now Albert Breer is reporting it is:

Phil Perry's prediction was wrong. Juju has been the most productive WR in camp. And Breer is reporting that the knee could explode. So, there's no new situation, just a media guy wording it to stir up ****.

No saying I told you so unless you vote! Made it a poll but folks should also post their predictions

I say 8, which might be real optimistic with this offensive line, but I hope I'm way too low
I'm saying 10-11 wins.. I have them splitting wich each team in the division.. I believe this team will be much more efficient offensively.

Phil Perry's prediction was wrong. Juju has been the most productive WR in camp. And Breer is reporting that the knee could explode. So, there's no new situation, just a media guy wording it to stir up ****.
Perry actually said could miss time - he didn't say "going to miss time" as I wrote in my previous post. Breer doesn't give any reason why it's a "mess" and could "explode".

Maybe this is another "Moss will be cut" story.

1693271365654.gif

This is one of the harder pats teams to predict recently. I'm higher on them then I was last year (I think people forget the defense wasn't suppose to be good after losing JC). However, this team has a low floor mostly due to the OL question marks. If Trent Brown is ineffective this could get ugly offensively. Another year without a #1 option in the passing game is tough. However, they have depth at WR they haven't had since 2016. I think Mac will play more like 2021 if the OL gives him time.

Defensively, they have one of the most talented pass rush units in the NFL. Judon, Uche, Barmore & White are going to destroy opposing OLs. They have more athleticism at LB with Mapu added to the mix. Gonzalez & Jack Jones could go either way as a CB tandem. They'll determine how far the defense goes IMO.

I had them 7-10 last year. I'm going with 8-9 as the schedule is tough & it's hard to be confident in the OL right now. If they are all healthy this team can surprise though.

I'm having a hard time seeing them get past 6 Wins. I REALLY hope i'm wrong. The team didn't surround Mac with protection or weapons and until I see the Defense beat a good QB, I'm afraid they're toast. The schedule looks as tough as it has ever been. Again, I want to be wrong, but I'm trying to look at the situation with unbiased eyes.

Predict 9-10 wins, different offense that unit is buying into. Great D and kick ass special teams.
Add excellent coaching and this team will be much better this year.

7 wins, not much has changed from right after the draft to change my mind.

Better team, harder schedule, same result.

8-9.

I said 10 but think they could sneak in 11.

As Andy said, the schedule is never as tough or as easy as people think during pre-season. Every year is the same ****. Some team expected to be good because they acquired player x and new coach this etc.. are a **** show. Broncos last season, the Rams severley under performed etc...

Well I think, unfortunately that Tua will not make it to far into the season. He should of retired, concussions are nothing to mess with. I don't see the Dolphins having a great year. I also think the Jets will crash. To much hype and arrogance going on in that room. I get what Aaron brings to the table, but they think he can fix anything. And that O-line is not that great. Just see a team that doesn't understand how to win buying there own hype and thinking all they have to do is show up.

Call me silly but I think the division comes down to the Bills and us. They obviously have Allen but they are not as stout as they were. Still the team to beat. We'll see how our offense does, including our O-line.

Quite a quandary.....
I'm waffling between 10 wins and 7

On one hand Bill fortified the D via the draft which should help shine up Stevie's resume.
On the other hand Bill ignored the O via the draft, bought a messed up JuJu (says Breer), and assembled O line depth from the Island of Misfit/Castoff O linemen.
Then there's the special teams paradox: Use sizeable draft assets to replace legmen, yet still retain the ST coach in charge of the recent clusterphukks.
Can Zappe be counted on to get the team two W's if Mac shrieks out again?
Will BOB's screen pass propensity fool anyone?
Can Rham last a full season?
Can Zeke crack 3 yds/carry behind this O line if asked to replace Rham?

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back