PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Revis Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Robinson:
RE: Darrelle Revis: League source says #Patriots dropped out of negotiations upon hearing he was seeking $16 mil per and $40 mil guaranteed.

Nope... can't say I'd be that happy if the Pats got him back by having to pay him like that....

Some comments on the comments.

1. I think we ALL misjudged Revis' desire to get back to NYC and what REALLY drives him.

2. I don't just think its the money, but what it symbolizes. He woke up today the highest paid DB in the history of the league. THAT's important to him.

3. Today he woke up and he was the undisputed face his franchise and no one was a close second. In NE he'd be lucky to be 4th behind BB, Brady, and Gronk, with Dmac and Collins pressing him from behind. THAT's important to him.

4. While we all thought winning a ring would bind him even tighter to the Pats, the reality was getting the ring probably made it easier for him to leave NE with a big bucket list item checked off his life list.

5. Between all that and the most blatant tampering job in the history of the NFL, even if you discount the lip slip by the idiot owner. I wouldn't be surprised if Revis and/or his agents didn't know the parameters of the Jets offer a week or 2 ago.

6. The Pats probably never had a chance. Clearly he wanted to be in NYC, be the face of the frnachise, and be the highest paid DB in the league. That was MORE important to him than winning a 2nd or 3rd ring as a extremely well paid piece of the puzzle in the hinterlands of Massachusetts. Because he will never get close to a ring while he is with the Jets.

The one other item I was trying to tea-leaf read was Mevis' post-sb comment that back in TC he had never worked so hard in his nfl career. He said he and another cb (? Browner?) agreed back then that they knew they had to be winning the sb in 14, because they were being worked harder than they ever had (or words to that effect[memory?]).

So, I was trying to figure if that was a positive to stay w pats or not.....

I guess now answer was NOT. I think he is perfectly happy being the biggest fish in the small [nfl] pond (that just happens to think it is the center of the universe) and have not just an extra month off in January, but also a less strenuous August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3