PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss traded to Patriots for #110 overall pick [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,
basically, we traded Branch for Moss, and picked up a 2008 first rounder :)

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt!!!

You're forgetting the four spots we moved up in the draft, and the salary difference. :D

Here's another way to think of it -- Branch for Moss PLUS Welker, plus a favorable pick swap.

Last edited:
My prayers have finally been answered.Brady and Moss will set the NFL on fire this year.I'm so ampted for the 2007 season.

Well, that will teach me to go hunting for a Summer House on Draft Weekend.

Last night I felt, OK, I didn't miss much. Sure, I missed the Brady Quinn Freefall Watch, but the Pats picked and traded and didn't do anything else. Then, I get home, fire up the laptop and find that we picked up Randy Moss (a move that I said we should have made last year).

Never Again.

"Draft Weekend is now like any Weekend during the NFL Playoffs. I stay home. I watch TV." Repeat after me... "Draft Weekend is now..."

Randy Moss? Holy ******* ****!

This is great news. It's too bad that he has the 'bad attitude' rap, but I think he will be great for this team. I think those issues will be behind him though much like Corey DIllon was able to leave his baggage in Cincy.

This a great day. I want to get a Randy Moss jersey already.

Well, since this draft didn't go my way, and especially the Moss trade, I took some replies off until I could be in the spotlight.:rolleyes: :cool:

Very excited. Please, just please, don't have him piss Brady off. Let's hope he takes care to run his routes precisely, and doesn't pout if Brady doesn't throw him the ball every play. Since everyone is saying BB talked to the guys on the team before the trade, I'm hoping he spoke with Brady. And so Brady said to go ahead, but he must be aware of Moss's rep at giving up on certain plays. That will not work in NE, so please Randy, work hard and behave and everything will be wonderful.

I can't wait to see this passing offense on the field.

At first, I didn't like this trade and considered Moss a cancer. But, the more I think about it, the more I like it. Moss will want that elusive Super Bowl ring and he'll step his game up ten fold for it. This could only mean good things for us as we all know what Randy Moss is capable of. And, if he has an off week, we still have Stallworth to throw the ball to. How are people going to cover our receiving corps?

Just to chime in, I too am very excited about this. What I thrill when I woke up here in HK and saw an email from my buddy (a Fins) fan saying something like "I can't believe you guys got Moss for a 4th and we drafted a punt returner with our 1st. Football sucks."

I have been hoping for this trade since last year and see almost no downside to it. Football doesn't suck right now!

The Pats' site has some quotes from him. Plus it says the first player he talked to was Brady.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=25032&pcid=41

“I'm still overwhelmed and, at the same time, kind of star-struck that I am part of this New England Patriots organization,” a cheerful Moss told reporters Sunday afternoon.
“Really, I was overwhelmed because I didn't expect to hear from Coach Belichick,” Moss continued. “Once we talked and things worked themselves out, I was very overwhelmed. I'm still in shock at the same time and I can't believe I'm a Patriot.”
Not surprisingly, Brady was the first Patriots player to speak to Moss, shortly after the trade was made official.

“I’ve always been a big fan of Tom Brady’s,” Moss admitted. “I talked to Tom Brady today, just to jump some things off and just let him know how excited I am to play with him and also the other players on this team.
“I think that Coach is going to give me his best as far as getting me prepared weekly and motivate me. I think that he is the kind of coach that can motivate me, and not just me, but the team, to go out there and win. I mean, he has a proven track record, so why not be happy? Why not be excited to come and play for this organization?”
“What I have done in my nine-year career was just a glimpse of what I can do,” Moss opined.

Edit: Of course Reiss has the whole thing, I should've checked there first...

Last edited:
Man...it is going to be one HELL of a season! :singing: :singing: :D

Re: NFL.com: Raiders agree to send WR Moss to Patriots [merged]

Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Chad Jackson
Wes Welker
Reche Caldwell
Troy Brown
Kelley Washington
Jabar Gaffney
Bam Childress
kelvin Kight

I feel bad for 4 of these guys.

bam and kight wlll be on PS again and maybe gaffney is gone or brown dont come back but i think it will be moss and stallworth starting and jacking and caldwell 3 and 4 welker 5 and brown 6

are D will be better to moss will make hobbs and samule better

I am relieved, if only because we won't have to hear about Moss becoming a Patriot every three days.

Yeah. Moss would be gun-toting and Brandon weed smoking. Just a joke. With apologies to the new Pats Randy and Brandon. Go Randy, Go Brandon. Go Pats. :rocker:

I think BB just turned into Dr.Evil. When I read the news I almost chocked on my morning coffee and took the day off from work. Hearing that makes me even more p-issed that the China Bowl was canceled.
But that's small price to pay for another ring.

Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Chad Jackson
Wes Welker
Reche Caldwell
Troy Brown
Kelley Washington
Jabar Gaffney
Bam Childress
kelvin Kight

I feel bad for 4 of these guys.

If some of these guys can play ST (Jackson, Washington, Brown, Kight, Welker) they may stick. Gaffney and Caldwell may be gone.

2004 -Dante Culpepper - 4717 yards, 39 TDs - Moss 767 yards, 8 TDs
2005 - Kerry Collins - 3,759 yards (6th in the NF), 20 TD - Moss 1,005 yards, 8 TDs
2006 - Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, and whoever - 2850 yards and 7 TDs - Moss 553 yards, 3 TDs.

So in 2004, Moss was playing with a QB who would have won the league MVP any other year, but didn't because Manning broke Marino's TD record.

In 2005, Kerry Collins was a good, not great QB who gotthe sixth most yards in the league.

Yes, in 2006, he had horrible QBs.

Don't forget that in 1999, he got over 1400 yards and a dozen TDs with Jeff George throwing to him for ten of the 16 games. So the "Who was throwing to him?" arguement is out the window. Moss used to make bad QBs look good.

I understand your willingness to maintain your negativity of this trade (gotta stick to your convictions), but in '04, Moss had 13 TD catches, while missing three games and being a nonfactor in several others because of injuries. That season is hard to judge because of his injuries.

I think we all know about his last season in Oakland, when Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks were the crash test dummies behind that offensive sieve they claimed to be a line. That was one of the historically worst offenses ever.

In 2005 he had a decent season, more yards and TDs than any Pats receiver in 5 years, but you can't sit there and examine Collins's statistics in a vaccum and then say "well, he had this many yards, why didn't Moss have better stats? he's no good now." Moss is well worth the low risk of a fourth rounder and up to $5 million.

Yeah!!!!,i like the trade.I think bellichik will do moss a really good person and he will give us awesome moments as a patriot :) :)

Good Luck Randy,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back