PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Mac Jones Likely a Trade Candidate this Offseason

Yes, they decided to ruin a guy!

It's not on him for sucking.

The same coaches who brought along Matt Cassel and even Tom Brady, and hell, Bailey Zappe!

Sometimes the QBs just flat out suck: Darnold wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Zach Wilson wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Trubisky wasn't ruined by multiple OCs. All the QBs whoever busted were not ruined by multiple OCs. They just flat out sucked.

People continue to underrate how bad Mac Jones truly is.
It’s not the same set of coaches. Not even close

Geno Smith. Baker Mayfield. Those are two right off the top of my head.

The last two games, Zappe was worse than Mac. The only reason they didn't bring back Mac is because Belichick was done with him.

And the lockerroom were divided. There were Mac guys and Zappe guys. Based on the comments by Judon this week, the defense was done with both of them by the end of the season.
It's natural to blame the qb when the entire offense misfires , be it line, talent on wide receivers, routes run, qb play , ineptitude of running backs.

The defense looking good could also be a mirage because teams were playing with a lead and our offense could not score. I feel thats why run defense looked so good because it was obvious pretty much majority was a run .

In any competitive sport if you feel one of the players is pulling you down , you want the player to be replaced. Sadly for us the entire offense failed. Whom do you blame..Mac. easy isn't it.

He doesn’t have the mental fortitude to withstand the crowd booing him here again without falling to pieces. Thats not to say he is a weak person, most of us would have trouble withstanding that pressure. Such a person who would feel motivated to shut the fanbase up by playing well is fewer and far between.

Not sure what we get for him tbh.

It’s not the same set of coaches. Not even close
Assuming you're saying the coaches the other QBs had were better than what Mac has had, but somehow those coaches had little to work with in terms of Darnold and Trubisky, the QBs Mac had were way better than these guys:

Sam Darnold...
1. ... had Jeremy Bates hasn't been in football at any level since 2018. He's 42 yrs old.
2. ... Dowell Loggains hasn't been in the NFL since 2020. Now tight ends coach at Arkansas.
3. ... Ben McAdoo... hrrr, um, well you know. Fired from Carolina after 1 yr.

Mitch Trubisky...
1. ... had Dowell Loggains. 1 yr. Went disastrously for Trubisky. Loggains was fired, hired by the Jets. Didn't go so well again.
2. ... Mark Helfrich who hasn't been in football AT ANY LEVEL since 2019. Now 50 yrs old.

I promise you, as bad as Patricia is or was, the trio of McDaniels, Patricia and O'Brien was a LOT better than Bates, Loggains, & Helfrich.

If Mac lacks the arm strength to throw a standard out route, then he shouldn’t have been a first round pick. Or second or even third. Wow.

If this is true, why not offer a straight up trade with the Jests: Mac Noodle Arm for Zach Awful Wilson? At least that guy has the arm.
According to Insiders, someone inside the Patriots had to have him! That person's last name didn't begin with B.! By the way, Bo Nix can't throw one either. We'll wait to see how dumb some team is.

According to Insiders, someone inside the Patriots had to have him! That person's last name didn't begin with B.! By the way, Bo Nix can't throw one either. We'll wait to see how dumb some team is.
Sure dude. You and your reliable insiders.

Was the Insider one of your immediate family members? :rofl: :rofl:

I was told the job was already agreed to with Belichick more than a week ago. I posted that here in this thread when I found out. Immediate family member who has been in a suite at Falcons games w/ one of their biggest donor/clients. That's how my family member learned that.

The book of how to ruin a QB was written here. Rather just see him elsewhere at this point. The Mac ship has ⛵️.
It wasn't written here, but it was plagiarized here.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

I’m sure the team has already done some sniffing around and decided there is a market for him.

Also explains his instagram post with the eyes and arrow “soon” emoji.

Best for both sides.
Maybe he nets us the greenkeeper of another team

Assuming you're saying the coaches the other QBs had were better than what Mac has had, but somehow those coaches had little to work with in terms of Darnold and Trubisky, the QBs Mac had were way better than these guys:

Sam Darnold...
1. ... had Jeremy Bates hasn't been in football at any level since 2018. He's 42 yrs old.
2. ... Dowell Loggains hasn't been in the NFL since 2020. Now tight ends coach at Arkansas.
3. ... Ben McAdoo... hrrr, um, well you know. Fired from Carolina after 1 yr.

Mitch Trubisky...
1. ... had Dowell Loggains. 1 yr. Went disastrously for Trubisky. Loggains was fired, hired by the Jets. Didn't go so well again.
2. ... Mark Helfrich who hasn't been in football AT ANY LEVEL since 2019. Now 50 yrs old.

I promise you, as bad as Patricia is or was, the trio of McDaniels, Patricia and O'Brien was a LOT better than Bates, Loggains, & Helfrich.
What are you talking about? You compared the coaches for Cassel and Brady. at least until the end of Brady’s career they had good and deep coaching staffs

What are you talking about? You compared the coaches for Cassel and Brady. at least until the end of Brady’s career they had good and deep coaching staffs
I thought you were referring to this part of my post: Sometimes the QBs just flat out suck: Darnold wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Zach Wilson wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Trubisky wasn't ruined by multiple OCs. All the QBs whoever busted were not ruined by multiple OCs. They just flat out sucked.

I had no idea what you were referring to, that's why I wrote "I assume you're referring to..."

I thought you were referring to this part of my post: Sometimes the QBs just flat out suck: Darnold wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Zach Wilson wasn't ruined by multiple OCs, Trubisky wasn't ruined by multiple OCs. All the QBs whoever busted were not ruined by multiple OCs. They just flat out sucked.

I had no idea what you were referring to, that's why I wrote "I assume you're referring to..."
Ok, understood

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back