PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Re-signing Moss is the team's top priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are Moss, even if you meant what you said about returning to the Patriots, don't you want to see what the market offers for you anyway? That way, when you do sign with the Patriots, you can point to the other offers and quantitatively say "this is what I gave up to stay here." Then he and the Patriots have a measure of the value of his "goodwill".

I don't think that's unreasonable.

**** MOSS, either he ****s, or gets of the pot. Any other team, he's a malcontent. Make an fair offer, if he don't sign it, then he can shove along.

I'll live with a Berrian or Stallworth, Gaffney, Welker WR combo, with Kool-aid and Morris in the backfield, and TB under center all day long. Lets stop being paralized by one guy and get next year's sh!t get done. If Moss don't wanna be here, he can lick my balls and go back to catching balls from Johnny JAG, for all I care. I don't want him like that.

Last edited:
For me it's MOss or bust. If no Moss, then I look on the scrap heap and draft a guy.

No way do I pay a guy millions like a Berrian type.

I've seen that horror movie before.

I was starting to worry about the situation, when I suddenly realized that it is Saturday, day 2 of free agency. Let's put it in perspective. Apparently, the rumors about Moss being a done deal by Friday weren't true. There is still a lot of time in the free agency period. Moreover, there will be more cuts. Let's not panic until we actually have to.

I was starting to worry about the situation, when I suddenly realized that it is Saturday, day 2 of free agency. Let's put it in perspective. Apparently, the rumors about Moss being a done deal by Friday weren't true. There is still a lot of time in the free agency period. Moreover, there will be more cuts. Let's not panic until we actually have to.

Some nfl fo type was recently quoted on this board as saying something like the worst fa deals are done in the first 48-72 hrs of free agency. A nutty panic sets in and mediocre players, washed-up players, over-rated players are given deals which hamstring clubs for years.

The Pats under Belioli have manage to avoid doing that thus far and so no outrageous contract for Samuel. When Moss signs, it will be a big contract, but not a stupidly ridiculous one.

Btw, I am convinced he will sign and refuse to chew up precious moments of my life agonizing over other scenarios. I will deal with it if Moss gets stupid and leaves.

The one thing I will be pissed about if it should happen that we lose moss.. If you knew Moss was going walk, why did you cover your ass by

resigning Assante Samual for a deal similar to philly or less yrs more money..

Because now you have 2 big holes, not to mention lb..

Im not going to panic, but will remind people of this.. Adam Vinateri prob has a deal in place:eek:

Ill believe Moss is the top priority when I hear theres some damn progress happening.

So the Patriots FO seems to believe the same thing that those of us in the pro-Moss camp have been saying. Moss is this team's top priority.

Also, it looks like Gaffney will be back, which is excellent news.

I hate to be the bubble burster but this means nothing. All signs are pointing to Moss signing with GB right now. Just heard Steven A. talking about the reports on ESPN radio. Keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunately the longer it takes the Pats to get a deal done the less chance he'll return to NE.

I hate to be the bubble burster but this means nothing. All signs are pointing to Moss signing with GB right now. Just heard Steven A. talking about the reports on ESPN radio. Keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunately the longer it takes the Pats to get a deal done the less chance he'll return to NE.

I am now convinced you are a troll. This is about the 10th post that smells of troll...

By the way, Steven A.? Yup, THAT is a reliable source...

Why would he sign a deal with GB???? His QB will eventually be Aaron Rogers. I don't see it happening.

I am now convinced you are a troll. This is about the 10th post that smells of troll...

By the way, Steven A.? Yup, THAT is a reliable source...

Troll? Thank you for the flattering comment but I'm much to old to have fun trolling on a message board. I'm taking it that you think I'm a troll because of my screen name. Well, I'll just tell you that it's my own personal way at getting back at my favorite player of this decade for pissing me off. So what? I'm not a ball washer. sorry.

So the Patriots FO seems to believe the same thing that those of us in the pro-Moss camp have been saying. Moss is this team's top priority.

My guess is that the hang up in the contract negotiations has to do with incentives. I think the Pats are offering a heavy incentive laden deal that will pay him top dollar (in the $9-$10 million range) presuming he continues to have seasons like his last one. I think BB/Pioli are wary of another "consentual horseplay" off-field issue and do not want to risk taking a hit on a huge amount of garaunteed money.

Last edited:
The Pats have NO* leverage. They need Moss more than he needs them. They passed on Samuel. They have the dough. They have the evidence about how much difference RM makes to them offense. I don't think it is a stretch to describe him as the potentially 2nd most important player on the team. Without a healthy motivated RM this team will still make the platoffs but will fold against Indy or SD. It's that simple.

* well they do have some leverage in that I believe that RM would prefer to play here over playing in Carolina for instance.

talk is cheap, signing a 34 year old undersized special teamer in izzo, a reciever who caught 0 ballslast year, a long snapper, and a 35 year old linebacker on the down slide is not my idea of signing impact players

Izzo continues to be an impact special teamer. You totally disrespect what Washington did as a gunner and cover man on special teams as if it was nothing. If you think a longsnapper has no impact, then you are missing fully one third of every game and an aspect that has just as much impact on the game.

Sorry that the Patriots haven't bent over and kissed their arses while throwing ignorant money at players like Asante Samuel, but you need to wake up and remember that this is the team that has been to 4 SBs in 8 years and 5 in 12.

You want a GLITZ and GLAMOUR signing. Tell me something. What did the Glitz and Glamour signings do last year? Seriously, tell me how Nate Clement, Tully Banta-Cain, Dre Bly, etc did last year.

Oh, hell with it. I'll tell you. They did nothing but sit on their arse at home while the Patriots chased history. You tell me what's more important?

Troll? Thank you for the flattering comment but I'm much to old to have fun trolling on a message board. I'm taking it that you think I'm a troll because of my screen name. Well, I'll just tell you that it's my own personal way at getting back at my favorite player of this decade for pissing me off. So what? I'm not a ball washer. sorry.

No, your a friggin chilish loser who doesn't know wtf he's talking about. Rodney Harrison didn't do steroids, moron. He took HGH, which he was given via a prescription. HGH is NOT steroids nor does it enhance your muscle mass like steroids.

All your screen name does is show how ignorant you are.

Okay. I think each of us is a valid Pats fan, or just not very attractive, because we're spending our Saturday nights arguing about roster moves in the OFF SEASON.

That said - I also think you need to know what full price is before you can be said to be offering a discount.

I still put the Pats as the favorites to pull Randy back into the fold. I wouldn't be surprised if TFB pulls some shuttle diplomacy or at least telediplomacy along the way. However, if he goes, he goes.

Maybe after all is said and done, Randy is just Randy -- then okay, we can live with "what's next". But as the "top priority" quote points out, the Pats don't want that to happen. I don't think Moss wants it to happen either.

All the rest is commentary.

PFnV

Okay. I think each of us is a valid Pats fan, or just not very attractive, because we're spending our Saturday nights arguing about roster moves in the OFF SEASON.

PFnV

Too funny! :) Actually you are right. What are most of you doing at 8:15 pm on a Saturday evening discussing Randy Moss for? Me, It is only 5:00 pm here and I got a 4 year old and 1 year old playing nicely...

No, your a friggin chilish loser who doesn't know wtf he's talking about. Rodney Harrison didn't do steroids, moron. He took HGH, which he was given via a prescription. HGH is NOT steroids nor does it enhance your muscle mass like steroids.

All your screen name does is show how ignorant you are.

ur on a roll with all these personal attacks

Hey guys, look at me. I'm making references to seasons from the 70's-early 90's and being born before you.

I am very neat. My football views are more important because I was able to experience the 1-15 season, hail me.

I still wear my Steve Grogan jersey when having sex with my wife. Why? Because I'm a real fan. Rabble rabble pink hat, bandwagon, Bledsoe, rabble rabble.

Am I cool yet? Not enough irrelevant references to teams from the 70's and how I've been a season ticket holder for ever? Come on guys.

Actually, I make her wear the Grogan jersey when we're doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back