PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's mention about the way Belichick wore the Kraft family initiative pin

We have Neidermeyer on the Pats payroll as a the pin police?

LOL.
Kraft should have made it clear to all of his employees that he didn't ask for or expect them to participate in his non football activities. No employee should be asked to make a social/political statement. It is coercive. If I'm BB, I'm irritated, too, although if the placement of the pin is his form of protest, that's pretty childish.

Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine ON!
In the late 1990s as VP of Engineering I was required to support CEO's United Fund initiative despite my opinion that the particular charity was very ineffective in delivering substantive aid to its target recipient audience.

They use to jam the United Way down our throat. I worked for a company and my bosses boss demanded that 100% participation so he could get his yearly plaque saying he got 100% participation

I hate people forcing me to do anything and I was only 22 at the time, so I refused.
My boss offered me a day off if I would make a small donation and I still refused.

I left for another job a couple months later
Probably a good career move

Another company I worked at told me I needed to sign something saying I refused to donate.

I refused to sign that saying I never seen a memo saying I needed to sign something and they could not produce anything saying our signature was required.

Then all of a sudden a couple negative stories broke & we have not heard anything about forced donations in years

It's against antisemitism, not anything else.
Exactly. Its not picking a side to stand against hatred of Jews solely based on ethnicity or religion.
I would have had a lot more respect for him if he said he does not want to wear the pin.
Instead he wears it on his lower abdomen.
That was a huge FU to Kraft’s philanthropic interest.
Speaks volumes about Bill.

I think it’s just typical Belichick, not wanting to get roped into other people’s causes, and not wanting to discuss them. I don’t see it as overtly political, and I don’t think it’s a big deal. And while I get why Belichick dealt with players and the media the way he did, I don’t think it was necessary for him to take it to the lengths he took it to. And I certainly understand why players and coaches got sick of it. He was all business, all the time, and while it got the desired results it also had to get really tiresome for those really with him for years. He’s the GOAT coach, and I think he can still coach at the highest level, but I understand why the Kraft’s decided they wanted to move on and start a new era, and I’m looking forward to it. My one hope is that this is the start of a long career for Mayo in New England, because he’s a bright young guy, with a likable personality, and a good football mind. And it will be good to see the change to a more upbeat organization. But following the GOAT is always a massive challenge, and I don’t want to see this turn into a coaching turnstile, which is the recipe for a sucky organization, and a lack of success. Give him at least 4-5 years to prove himself as a head coach, don’t get itchy after a couple of years and look for the shiney new object. Good luck to him, I hope this goes really really well for everyone.
Just don’t wear the pin then.
Better than wearing it the way he did.

Last edited:
I agree, but he never should have been expected to wear it.

The same way sports teams players should not be asked to wear pride flags
How does anyone know that Kraft “forced” him to wear it. Pure speculation.
I am 100% sure Kraft would not want him to wear it where he did.

FYI being against anti semitism is NOT the same as supporting Israel.
The same as being against Islamophobia is not the same as supporting Iran
Both are supporting human rights and freedom not about supporting or not supporting a country.

Last edited:

Claiming an agenda behind where he put it is pure speculation as well.

Seriously Sam? What’s next, you going to get upset about the color of Belichick’s socks?
If you think wearing a lapel pin against racism near your spleen ( rather than as intended near the lapel) is a nothing issue then we must agree to disagree.
In my opinion Bill was sending a message.
The message is that racism and anti semitism are not real important to him.
It was an FU to Kraft and an ideal important to him.

If you think wearing a lapel pin against racism near your spleen ( rather than as intended near the lapel) is a nothing issue then we must agree to disagree.

I think the way you act is what matters, I see people all around me every day pretending to be things they clearly aren’t. I don’t think it matters what you wear on you, or put on your car, if you aren’t behaving in ways that reflect those actual beliefs. Belichick can be a total prick, and a total douche, but one thing I would never suggest is that he’s a racist. You just seem hell bent on trashing him at every possible turn. Newsflash, he’s gone, the Belichick era in New England is over, it’s time to move on. Or maybe you guys can start another new forum so you can continue to whine about him,

And Sam, when it comes to wearing a pin, shirt, whatever it is in support of a cause, it’s pretty much meaningless when you are doing it because someone who employs you expects you to. Support for causes has to come from within, having it foisted upon you is completely meaningless.

And Sam, when it comes to wearing a pin, shirt, whatever it is in support of a cause, it’s pretty much meaningless when you are doing it because someone who employs you expects you to. Support for causes has to come from within, having it foisted upon you is completely meaningless.
Ivan,Completely agree with you on that. I would be disappointed if Kraft forced him to wear the pin.

Ivan,Completely agree with you on that. I would be disappointed if Kraft forced him to wear the pin.

I doubt he forced him to, rather I think it was clear that everyone in the organization should wear the pin. And i just just think that kind of “ support” is fake.

"Force" in this context is difficult to define. I think it unlikely that Kraft said anything like, "I would appreciate everyone in the Patriots organization wearing this pin." But the distribution of the pin, whatever the accompanying verbiage, creates social pressure to conform, particularly as the initiative came from the owner of the team.

"Force" in this context is difficult to define. I think it unlikely that Kraft said anything like, "I would appreciate everyone in the Patriots organization wearing this pin." But the distribution of the pin, whatever the accompanying verbiage, creates social pressure to conform, particularly as the initiative came from the owner of the team.
Yes I can see that.

The same as being against Islamophobia is not the same as supporting Iran
Both are supporting human rights and freedom not about supporting or not supporting a country.

Do you think Bill went up to Kraft & asked for a pin that he could pin on his stomach?

I would be willing to bet, Kraft handed it to Bill & expected him to wear it.

That pin has no association with Bill’s job or the New England Patriots

I also think that any disrespect to the pin
Was directed at Kraft & not the Jewish community

BB has not, does not, and never will care about all the extra side crap of the NFL these days. This is a game he got into because he loves it when it was not popular at all. There’s tens of initiatives around the league for every concern you can dream of.
True. But if your boss tells you a specific cause is his life's work and is his passion and gives you a pin, the decision to be made is wear it in customary spot as a sign of respect (for one meeting) or do not wear it.
Where he put the pin was mocking and disrespecting his boss and a cause he cares deeply about.
A cruel joke on his part.
He is kind of an a hole to do this to the man that made him incredibly wealthy and gave him complete control over a billion dollar organization including hiring his two sons.

Its his right to do it, but a slap in the face to Kraft.

Glad he is gone

Last edited:
I have never not passed on giving to this charity:

The Human Fund
Money For People

c/o George Costanza
Frank & Estelle Costanza
22-37 37th Street
Astoria, NY 11105

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots