PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media is panicking about DE position .

Not just the media, my friend. Right now on Patriots Twitter the conventional wisdom going around is that the Chandler Jones trade was a mistake. Like WTF? Did any of them see how much AZ is paying that dude? Jones fizzles down the stretch (like he did last year after starting out hot) and didn't supply consistent pressure. Flowers has done wonders there.

That's not to mention the other dividends of that trade: Thuney, who looks like he could be the LG for 5+ years, and MM who is a stud. Plus it gave them money for Bennett last year. And the Gilmore long term deal instead of a Jones long term deal.

Here's a funny suggestion from our Miguel

Or maybe Bill finally decided to share with media boys his thoughts, evaluations and expectations for each player. 90 x 5-10min. an all day-and-nighter. i wonder who stays with him in the room when he gets to Kidder. maybe reiss, with his head in his lap..

Here's a funny suggestion from our Miguel

Or maybe Bill finally decided to share with media boys his thoughts, evaluations and expectations for each player. 90 x 5-10min. an all day-and-nighter. i wonder who stays with him in the room when he gets to Kidder. maybe reiss, with his head in his lap..

I'll take Butler extension for $1000, BB.

Not just the media, my friend. Right now on Patriots Twitter the conventional wisdom going around is that the Chandler Jones trade was a mistake. Like WTF? Did any of them see how much AZ is paying that dude? Jones fizzles down the stretch (like he did last year after starting out hot) and didn't supply consistent pressure. Flowers has done wonders there.

That's not to mention the other dividends of that trade: Thuney, who looks like he could be the LG for 5+ years, and MM who is a stud. Plus it gave them money for Bennett last year. And the Gilmore long term deal instead of a Jones long term deal.

I don't understand. Is it really that hard to enjoy in peace how this team operates?

They'd never have a conference for an extension.

It's Nink and that's final.

BB got caught with his pants down after 04.

Never again.

Nothing could have prepped them for what happened after the 04 season..

- Tedy Bruschi having the stroke.
- Ted Johnson having to retire due to concussions right before camp.
- Monty Beisel not getting time to digest the defense because he immediately became a starter instead of just a back-up.
- Vrabel shifting inside to help out.
- Chad Brown who was supposed to also be in the rotation being forced to start..

And it's not like he could have made any trades. They were the 2time SB champs. No one was going to offer them something without it costing a lot.

One thing that hasn't been thrown out there is the potential of a One-Day contract so that Wilfork can retire as a Patriot.

Kaepernick signed with the Jets.
Tebow is in MLB and not going anywhere.

Manziel? Think he's still in rehab..

Manziel is ready to date . acc. to his agent. NFL teams might not be ready..

One thing that hasn't been thrown out there is the potential of a One-Day contract so that Wilfork can retire as a Patriot.

Nice one . will happen (hopefully) . not at the presser though

I suspect that the solution is for Hightower to play more DE/OLB.

Bigs - Branch, Brown, Valentine
OLB/DE - Hightower, Flowers, Rivers
LB - Harris, VanNoy, McClellan
rest - Guy, Ealy, Wise, Roberts/Bates/Langi/Freeny, (Grissom), (Kilgo), (Hamilton)

IMHO, it is quite possible that either Guy or Ealy will have significant reps at DE.

Nothing could have prepped them for what happened after the 04 season..

- Tedy Bruschi having the stroke.
- Ted Johnson having to retire due to concussions right before camp.
- Monty Beisel not getting time to digest the defense because he immediately became a starter instead of just a back-up.
- Vrabel shifting inside to help out.
- Chad Brown who was supposed to also be in the rotation being forced to start..

And it's not like he could have made any trades. They were the 2time SB champs. No one was going to offer them something without it costing a lot.
All true but if two players go down he won't have the cluster*** now as he did then.

Better scouting. Better FA signings. Better trades. Better drafting. Better positional flexibility. Better scheme-to-talent matching. Everything

BB is not perfect but he learns quick.

Last edited:
Pats will do that one right. Just a matter of time.

Apparently it is for some. It's more about being right than anything else.

It has never been about being right. It's about getting something to chew on enough to generate ratings.

They're beating a dead horse's compost long after it died which was proven long ago that it wasn't actually a horse to begin with. Because of the exact reasons you stated earlier.

If Nink is gone BB has it covered. We'll see how soon enough.

This will turn into one of those "who the F is that" situations. Which is soon followed by a Jersey purchasing spree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back