PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots just announced an impromptu press conference for tomorrow. Sounds like this might be the end.

Patriots just announced an impromptu press conference for tomorrow. Sounds like this might be the end.

If you announce in advance someone will be speaking, it is no longer impromptu but rather scheduled?

I'm genuinely hoping it's not the end for Ninkovich, if it is, it was a great run for him here. My wife was pretty sad when I texted her the rumour of the retirement...

I thought I heard Ninko talking about a blood clot last season. I thought he mentioned that it can't be fixed only maintained.. or something to that effect.

Oh God please let it be a Ninkovich retiring announcement. Would the get cap relief if he did?

If you announce in advance someone will be speaking, it is no longer impromptu but rather scheduled?

Impromptu = Scheduled at the "last minute". Announced today for tomorrow. Not usually a part of TC..

Oh God please let it be a Ninkovich retiring announcement. Would the get cap relief if he did?
Million or two off the top of my head, but it isn't like they're in need of any cap relief. As Miguel has noted, they currently have more cap space at this time of the year then they've ever had before--or at least since Miguel started keeping track in '00 or '01, anyway.

I guess it all adds up, and I think many of us expected another couple/few million added to the approx.13-14m they currently have after a vet cut or two, but losing Ninkovich creates a bit of a void at the position since he took approx. 45-50 percent of the snaps, and that was only in 12 games since he had a 4 game suspension to start the year.

That reminds me of an old but deep puzzle.

Suppose Belichick announces on Sunday that there will be an impromptu press conference after practice some day in the next week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. (Assuming this is a week where there is a practice each weekday).

But he says that nobody (well except him) will know on what day the press conference is scheduled until after practice that day. Nobody can have foreknowledge of the press conference.

What day is the impromptu press conference?

(*) It cannot be Friday, because if the press conference had not been held by Friday then everyone would know on Friday morning when the press conference would held. Indeed, on Friday morning, they would know it must be held after practice Friday, the last day.

So everyone must know, on Monday, that the press conference won't be on Friday, but instead only on one of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

(**) But likewise the press conference cannot be on Thursday, since, if it had not been held by Thursday morning, everyone would reason that the conference could not be held Friday (by (*) above), so they would know that morning that the conference must be held on Thursday, contradicting the requirement of lack of foreknowledge.

Hence, by (**) and (*), everyone would know, by Monday, that the conference must be held on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

But the same reasoning as in (*) and (**) applies here: the conference could not be held on Wednesday, Tuesday, or Monday, using exactly the same reasoning.

The paradox is this: by the above reasoning, everybody knows that Belichick cannot be telling the truth: he cannot hold this impromptu press conference in such a way that nobody but him knows when it will be until after practice.

Belichick holds the conference on Wednesday anyway, and in fact nobody knew it would be held then until after the game, just as he said. So he was telling the truth and everybody was wrong.

Gotta love people who claim that Ealy is a bust. Totally ignore what he did with Carolina in the SB. Shows that you don't have a farking clue and your opinion isn't worth a pile of dog poop.

Because non-busts are being traded to move up 8 spots in a draft. There were clearly issues he had in Carolina over his first 3 years that made the Panthers decide to move on. Reports around the time of draft were that the Panthers were prepared to cut him and that trade essentially gave us the priority we wouldn't have on the waiver wire.

Tavon Wilson has had a more solid and successful career than Ealy so far. So I guess it all depends what you call a bust..

Nooooooooo, don't leave us clutch Ninko!:confused:

That reminds me of an old but deep puzzle.

Suppose Belichick announces on Sunday that there will be an impromptu press conference after practice some day in the next week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. (Assuming this is a week where there is a practice each weekday).

But he says that nobody (well except him) will know on what day the press conference is scheduled until after practice that day. Nobody can have foreknowledge of the press conference.

What day is the impromptu press conference?

(*) It cannot be Friday, because if the press conference had not been held by Friday then everyone would know on Friday morning when the press conference would held. Indeed, on Friday morning, they would know it must be held after practice Friday, the last day.

So everyone must know, on Monday, that the press conference won't be on Friday, but instead only on one of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

(**) But likewise the press conference cannot be on Thursday, since, if it had not been held by Thursday morning, everyone would reason that the conference could not be held Friday (by (*) above), so they would know that morning that the conference must be held on Thursday, contradicting the requirement of lack of foreknowledge.

Hence, by (**) and (*), everyone would know, by Monday, that the conference must be held on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

But the same reasoning as in (*) and (**) applies here: the conference could not be held on Wednesday, Tuesday, or Monday, using exactly the same reasoning.

The paradox is this: by the above reasoning, everybody knows that Belichick cannot be telling the truth: he cannot hold this impromptu press conference in such a way that nobody but him knows when it will be until after practice.

Belichick holds the conference on Wednesday anyway, and in fact nobody knew it would be held then until after the game, just as he said. So he was telling the truth and everybody was wrong.

Dude! This makes no sense. There isn't any paradox.

Help me out here. What are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back