Judon
Peppers
Dugger
Owneu
Andrews
Kendrick Bourne
Douglas
Slater
I’d take Faulk off the list as he was pretty terrible his first two years and add Damien Woody. Vinatieri was also struggling badly before 2001.

With that said, those two lists are night and day.

Your right,
I’d take Faulk off the list as he was pretty terrible his first two years and add Damien Woody. Vinatieri was also struggling badly before 2001.

With that said, those two lists are night and day.
I agreed. Point I was try to make is.. we had the talent then.. we knew we'd be much better.. compared to know.

Your right,
I agreed. Point I was try to make is.. we had the talent then.. we knew we'd be much better.. compared to know.
Your point stands. The talent level between those two lists are glaring.

Your point stands. The talent level between those two lists are glaring.
We have some pieces on defense that we can win with. Peppers, Dugger, barmore, gonzo, Bentley. Offensively.. geesh...

Basically she says don’t expect him to be fired mid season but her sources around the team and the league expect “a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season”. She’s been wrong before so who knows but its worth watching…

I hope she's wrong again and that he's fired before their next game, with Outsider Eliot Winston Wolf promoted to GM and Jerod Mayo promoted to HC to bring at least a spark of life to the brain-dead sideline "leadership."

Then he'll keep BOB and that's the concern. Kraft might think the structure/philosophy of what they have is fine but a different voice is needed. I'm not so sure.
I hope not. I think a complete reboot is needed. Which saddens me to say

I hope not. I think a complete reboot is needed. Which saddens me to say
Me too.

Thing is I think the system and culture are fine. I thoroughly believe in Bill's way of running and doing things philosophically.

The problem is his philosophy and decisions pertaining to talent acquisition/retention and him just losing his fastball are what has essentially cost him his job.

I pray hes gone so we can start from scratch again and take some years to build under a regime that hopefully changes their methods if one fails unlike Belichick who has not done that since his safety blanket in Brady left years ago - time to head on the boat and sail off before he loses another 20+ games and tarnishes his coaching career even further. - You ain't catching Shula and thats unfortunate.

I hope she's wrong again and that he's fired before their next game, with Outsider Eliot Winston Wolf promoted to GM and Jerod Mayo promoted to HC to bring at least a spark of life to the brain-dead sideline "leadership."
I think she had reported that BB and Brady were retiring together after SB53 obviously that was a swing and a miss.

Maybe she’ll be just as wrong about this too.

Me too.

Thing is I think the system and culture are fine. I thoroughly believe in Bill's way of running and doing things philosophically.

The problem is his philosophy and decisions pertaining to talent acquisition/retention and him just losing his fastball are what has essentially cost him his job.
I'll just go on the record of not wanting BB gone. Plenty of people I respect think otherwise, so I'm fully aware I could be wrong.

We still don't know if Bill retains 100% final say in personnel decision, or 80%, even something less. We do know Kraft mentioned bringing in other voices for the draft in a more collaborative effort a couple years ago. I understand the need after all his whifs at WR for several years. The free agent spending spree occurred around the same time IIRC.

I don't know if Mac has been forced on Bill after last year. Whether Bill wanted to move on and was told he couldn't.

JSS and Parker are signature Bill moves (moves I was wrongly fine with at the time).

I don't have any real complaints about the defence.

Hindsight doesn't tell us there were better moves to be made at the offensive tackle positions. Thuney should have been singed previously though.

If Bill isn't getting it done neither are these new collaborative efforts.

Bill is doubling down on how he still loves every aspect of coaching/team building so unless he has a change of heart it seems to me he wants to continue coaching in 2024.
I would not be sure about it

I'll just go on the record of not wanting BB gone. Plenty of people I respect think otherwise, so I'm fully aware I could be wrong.

We still don't know if Bill retains 100% final say in personnel decision, or 80%, even something less. We do know Kraft mentioned bringing in other voices for the draft in a more collaborative effort a couple years ago. I understand the need after all his whifs at WR for several years. The free agent spending spree occurred around the same time IIRC.

I don't know if Mac has been forced on Bill after last year. Whether Bill wanted to move on and was told he couldn't.

JSS and Parker are signature Bill moves (moves I was wrongly fine with at the time).

I don't have any real complaints about the defence.

Hindsight doesn't tell us there were better moves to be made at the offensive tackle positions. Thuney should have been singed previously though.

If Bill isn't getting it done neither are these new collaborative efforts.
Good post.

I appreciate what Bill has done here and I still consider myself a card-carrying member of the BB fan club but I just think it's time for a different way of doing things as this one is no longer working.

Me too.

Having arguably the worst QB room in the NFL the last 2 years is 90% of the problem. Replace that crap with average QB play and things are very different today.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back