PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that Pats will sign a vet QB, draft a QB at 3 and move Mac EDIT: [was] From Mark Daniel’s mouth to Gods Ears

Any of these is a improvement over Mac and Zap.
I want both of them Gone!

Rushing Bbc GIF by Mystic

I dunno about love, but I think it'd be ok.

Yeah, that too.
I'm warming up to the Flacco idea... I'd like Brissett too.. this is how u know your QB sucks... lol

Real...Biscuit doesn't move the needle for me Wilson on the cheaps is fine.
Well here's what I'm thinking brother.. Brissett as the veteran backup.. becuase of we take Daniels wich I think we should.. Daniels is a day 1 starting QB... he's that good

So we're looking at 17 games of Jacoby Brissett or Teddy Bridgewater while the #3 pick in the draft sits and watches the guy in front of him steer the Patriots to a 5-12 season while the offense, bereft of weapons, averages 18 ppg. Fantastic. And then, just maybe, the 2024 #3 pick is the starter in the second year of his four-year contract.
I would much rather start the #3 pick, the path Daniels is laying out is terrible. We know Kraft's reputation for being a cheap **** (at this point, its fact, not opinion) so is he really going to extend a rookie qb if he's any good and commands a massive $50m/year deal? Hell to the No! If this #3 pick is a middling type, and puts up rookie year Mac Jones type #s for the final three years of his rookie deal, sure, Krafty might splash the cash for a non-top $ QB contract. But if this #3 pick lights it up and turns into some amalgamation of Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, and CJ Stroud, kiss him goodbye.
If Belichick sent this team to the depths of suckitude to the point that the Pats NEED a MULTI-year rebuild, then perhaps this makes sense because going a full year of these two aforementioned quarterback bums assures the club of another top 10 pick.
The Krafts have no problem paying qb’s. They once made Dew Bledsoe the highest paid player in the league.

It feels like the Pats are abandoning Bill's late career "too clever by half" personnel strategy in favor of just doing the obvious normal thing. Draft QB high, get a late career vet, shore up the O as fast as you can and set them up for success.

Of course it still hinges on the draft picks not being busts so who knows.

The Krafts have no problem paying qb’s. They once made Dew Bledsoe the highest paid player in the league.
Question I keep forgetting this. The drew contract wasn't that in the 2000 offseason?

The Pats can't take Jayden if he is not there

He is becoming binky #1 for the moment.

It feels like the Pats are abandoning Bill's late career "too clever by half" personnel strategy in favor of just doing the obvious normal thing. Draft QB high, get a late career vet, shore up the O as fast as you can and set them up for success.

Of course it still hinges on the draft picks not being busts so who knows.
Pittman and Higgins being franchised sucks.
Any chance of getting a true number 1 wr any other way.
I like Gabe Davis but not paid as a 1.

IMO they will sign a veteran with the plan for him to be the starter, then let Zappe and Rourke compete to be QB2, while the rookie is the "emergency" QB3 for the free roster spot. If the rookie somehow blows everyone away and deserves to be the starter, they'll let it happen, but the plan will be to start the veteran, and even if the veteran gets hurt, the backup will come in and the rookie will still be shielded from things at least for the first half of the season. Maybe he can jump up to QB2 in the back half of the year.

Doing so will mean that if the OL is still gelling and somewhat shaky, the veteran is taking those shots. If the receivers have not totally grasped the offense yet, the rookie isn't out there throwing INTs due to that. Those things can potentially shake a kid's confidence. Let him observe, grow, learn, get stronger in the training room and then step up in year 2, when hopefully the team has been built up a bit more and the new system has better roots.

Pittman and Higgins being franchised sucks.
Any chance of getting a true number 1 wr any other way.
I like Gabe Davis but not paid as a 1.
I still think for us it's Ridley, if we can get Ridley and say Gabe Davis, that would be a nice WR upgrade.

IMO they will sign a veteran with the plan for him to be the starter, then let Zappe and Rourke compete to be QB2, while the rookie is the "emergency" QB3 for the free roster spot. If the rookie somehow blows everyone away and deserves to be the starter, they'll let it happen, but the plan will be to start the veteran, and even if the veteran gets hurt, the backup will come in and the rookie will still be shielded from things at least for the first half of the season. Maybe he can jump up to QB2 in the back half of the year.

Doing so will mean that if the OL is still gelling and somewhat shaky, the veteran is taking those shots. If the receivers have not totally grasped the offense yet, the rookie isn't out there throwing INTs due to that. Those things can potentially shake a kid's confidence. Let him observe, grow, learn, get stronger in the training room and then step uRourjep in year 2, when hopefully the team has been built up a bit more and the new system has better roots.
Would have been good to see Rourke play such an unknown.

We've had 4 years of bridge QB. Let's not do that anymore.
Either draft Maye at #3 and roll with him like Herbert or Stroud
OR sign a FA with untapped potential who has the stuff to last 6+ years and trade down to get a 10yr LT & a #1WR

According to MassLive, the Patriots plan to draft a quarterback at No. 3 overall, likely LSU senior Jayden Daniels or North Carolina’s Drake Maye, and sign a veteran free agent who could start over him.

If so, that plan is news to multiple high-ranking personnel evaluators within the team.

According to sources, such a decision has not been communicated throughout the Patriots’ front office.

Article also notes Pats have met with Williams, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy and Nix at the combine.

Sources: Patriots’ reported QB plan a surprise to front-office members

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back