PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Measurements

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
As per PFF:

- WR Nathan Dell, as has been mentioned elsewhere, is even smaller than I had feared; no way I'm looking for him now until the second half of day 3, sorry PatsFan2.

- TE Josh Whyle, for such a big dude, has relatively short arms.

- Speaking of short-armed OLmen... NDState's Cody Mauch has now officially been ruled OUT, by me, from Left Tackle consideration; not only did he not play there yesterday (he started at LG), he was also asked to take snaps at Center during the game... Michigan's Ryan Hayes ( < 33"/< 80") might be in the same boat as well, and Mississippi's Nick Broeker was never a LT consideration anyway.

- Tennessee ED Byron Young gives me Josh Uche vibes, and Not in a good way.

- Wisconsin's Keanu Benton (late day 2/early day 3) & Coastal Carolina's Jerrod Clark (mid-late day 3) were the only two DTs with the physical profile of a Beef Curtain; I have No interest whatsoever in drafting Any 3-Techs, in Any round.

- What the **** was an Undraftable ****ing midget like Troy State's Carlton Marshall doing in Mobile?!?

- Kansas State's Julius Brents: impressive, likely solidified for himself a late day 2 selection.

- Can Kyu Blu Kelly stay at Boundary CB, or is he destined for the Slot? His explosion #s at the combine might begin to answer that question...

- Miami CB Tyrique Stevenson weighed close to a dozen pounds Lighter than previously listed; good for him, solid day 2 prospect.

- At the other end of that spectrum, Illinois FS Sydney Brown weighed almost 10 pounds More than expected; not looking for ANY Safeties until Late day 3 anyway.

Last edited:
Wisconsin's Keanu Benton (late day 2/early day 3) & Coastal Carolina's Jerrod Clark (mid-late day 3) were the only two DTs with the physical profile of a Beef Curtain; I have No interest whatsoever in drafting Any 3-Techs, in Any round.
This is great stuff. I like the idea of Keanu Benton.

If the small pool of guys the Patriots typically have for 46 are gone, than a trade down in the second in hopes to get Benton then or in the third.

The measurements and combine results for the OT prospects have reinforced my speculation from back last fall that the pickings will be slim for LTs and thus it would not surprise me one bit if the Pats are there at #14 looking at the 4th best LT prospect. Same goes for boundary cornerback prospects.

If that’s happens then my hope would be for it to be BPA time and not trade down time. I’d like to see a threat added that their opponents next year have to game plan for, or at least someone that can neutralize one of their opponents strengths. Or a QB prospect with better upside than Mac or Zappe

The measurements and combine results for the OT prospects have reinforced my speculation from back last fall that the pickings will be slim for LTs and thus it would not surprise me one bit if the Pats are there at #14 looking at the 4th best LT prospect. Same goes for boundary cornerback prospects.

If that’s happens then my hope would be for it to be BPA time and not trade down time. I’d like to see a threat added that their opponents next year have to game plan for, or at least someone that can neutralize one of their opponents strengths. Or a QB prospect with better upside than Mac or Zappe
You're assuming that the Patriots don't sign Orlando Brown to become the new LT. Then they wouldn't need to be looking at LT early.

This is great stuff. I like the idea of Keanu Benton.

If the small pool of guys the Patriots typically have for 46 are gone, than a trade down in the second in hopes to get Benton then or in the third.

Benton weighed only 309 at the combine, unfortunately... I know some of the heavy dudes sometimes drop some pounds for better testing results, but I'm still really only interested in the Beef Curtain types like Mazi Smith if he slides, Keondre Coburn, Dorchester's own Jerrod Clark, etc...

As per PFF:

- Tennessee ED Byron Young gives me Josh Uche vibes, and Not in a good way.
His performance at the combine, however, cannot be ignored; he ****ing Killed it. This dude's a BETTER Josh Uche!

- Wisconsin's Keanu Benton (late day 2/early day 3) & Coastal Carolina's Jerrod Clark (mid-late day 3) were the only two DTs with the physical profile of a Beef Curtain; I have No interest whatsoever in drafting Any 3-Techs, in Any round.
Scratch Benton as a consideration; he weighed only 309 at the combine... I was hoping he'd be heavier than the 313 at the Senior Bowl.

- At the other end of that spectrum, Illinois FS Sydney Brown weighed almost 10 pounds More than expected; not looking for ANY Safeties until Late day 3 anyway.
And this is from someone who really likes him as a prospect and freely admits that he would make a fine FS here too... But I just don't want to expend the draft capital it would take to acquire him for Any Safety

His performance at the combine, however, cannot be ignored; he ****ing Killed it. This dude's a BETTER Josh Uche!

Scratch Benton as a consideration; he weighed only 309 at the combine... I was hoping he'd be heavier than the 313 at the Senior Bowl.

And this is from someone who really likes him as a prospect and freely admits that he would make a fine FS here too... But I just don't want to expend the draft capital it would take to acquire him for Any Safety

What don't you like about Uche? I thought he had a pretty good year as a sub-package rusher.

What don't you like about Uche? I thought he had a pretty good year as a sub-package rusher.

Better in 2022 than in the previous two years, that's for sure... Still not worth what they paid for him.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back