PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Short TC practice observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I went to my first TC practice of the year this morning and Bill was right, you have to start over every new camp. I found myself always a bit behind knowing what I was looking at and for. But that being said I did see a couple of things that caught my eye.

1. Trent Brown is f*cking HUGE!!!!! I just couldn't stop looking at him. Once he and David Andrews were talking between reps and the 300lb Andrews looked like his young son next to him. ;) That being said, Brown has very nimble feet and everything he got his hands on stopped dead in its tracks. From what I saw, I feel much better about the LT position

2. It was HOT. I mean India hot, Amazon Hot. Africa HOT! I arrived around 9:45 for the 9:15 start time practice and even then there was a steady flow of people LEAVING the practice as I arrived. The stands were about 90% filled when I got there and by the time practice ended it was half empty. I saw 2 fans being carried out on stretchers during my stay. That's how hot it was.

Despite this, it was a LONG practice going until about quarter to 12, although they didn't run the hill today.

3. Dietrich Wise stood out on the DL. I don't think I've ever seen a 6'5 DLman play with such low leverage. His technique is flawless and his motor never ending. After watching him last season I thought he'd have a nice career as a "solid" DE. However, after watching him today and hearing other reports of his excellent camp, he might end up being a lot more than just a "solid pro".

4. Just a quick thought on Malcolm Mitchell. Sad to see him go, though I fully understand why the Pats had to move on. File this under "too bad". Hopefully, he'll be able to continue his career at some point in the future, but the fact that the Pats didn't waive him IR means they don't think he can come back for this year. He's a bright kid that you probably don't have to worry about his future. We will likely hear about Malcolm Mitchell in the future, but it just might not be about football.

Listen, I'm disappointed too with the lack of any other observations. I'll try and do better the next time.

I went to my first TC practice of the year this morning and Bill was right, you have to start over every new camp. I found myself always a bit behind knowing what I was looking at and for. But that being said I did see a couple of things that caught my eye.

1. Trent Brown is f*cking HUGE!!!!! I just couldn't stop looking at him. Once he and David Andrews were talking between reps and the 300lb Andrews looked like his young son next to him. ;) That being said, Brown has very nimble feet and everything he got his hands on stopped dead in its tracks. From what I saw, I feel much better about the LT position

2. It was HOT. I mean India hot, Amazon Hot. Africa HOT! I arrived around 9:45 for the 9:15 start time practice and even then there was a steady flow of people LEAVING the practice as I arrived. The stands were about 90% filled when I got there and by the time practice ended it was half empty. I saw 2 fans being carried out on stretchers during my stay. That's how hot it was.

Despite this, it was a LONG practice going until about quarter to 12, although they didn't run the hill today.

3. Dietrich Wise stood out on the DL. I don't think I've ever seen a 6'5 DLman play with such low leverage. His technique is flawless and his motor never ending. After watching him last season I thought he'd have a nice career as a "solid" DE. However, after watching him today and hearing other reports of his excellent camp, he might end up being a lot more than just a "solid pro".

4. Just a quick thought on Malcolm Mitchell. Sad to see him go, though I fully understand why the Pats had to move on. File this under "too bad". Hopefully, he'll be able to continue his career at some point in the future, but the fact that the Pats didn't waive him IR means they don't think he can come back for this year. He's a bright kid that you probably don't have to worry about his future. We will likely hear about Malcolm Mitchell in the future, but it just might not be about football.

Listen, I'm disappointed too with the lack of any other observations. I'll try and do better the next time.
Thank you the Brown and Wise info very insightful it was overall entertaining to read.
Thank you for reporting.

Not disappointed at all Ken. Since I live 1,000+ miles south of Gilette, I greatly appreciate every single post from 1st hand observations.
Think I can speak for a lot of folks here who are grateful for everything we get from LD,AD and anyone else.
Great to hear about Wise, which goes along with what I've been reading about him since tc started.
BTW, it's been "Africa hot" where I live for over 2 months with another month or 2 to go.
90+' with close to 90% humidity is normal weather here from June 1 to Sept 1. 88 is considered a cold snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back