PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, is it time for a TE yet?

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
who's left?
there seemed like quite a few around the end of rd 2.

Can you believe we still haven't taken a TE? I thought for sure with our fifth comp we would snatch up Bear (awesome name, awesome mauler in the run game), or maybe go for Ingraham, who's stated publicly that he wants to play for the Pats. Maybe we're satisfied with Baker, Watson, Thomas, and the two practice squad kids, with Hochstein/Britt as our optional goal-line or jumbo set guys.

Still. This is BB we're talking about!

I wudda swore we were taking a TE with one of 3rd rounders, one of those blocking TE types,,,

Maybe we will sign a couple via free agency??

We could have drafted as many Day Two TE's late as we did DT's. That wouldn't give them a spot on the roster or even on the Practice Squad. The patriots have three TE's who will make the roster, with a couple of more for camp. No matter how many post of criticism appear hear, Belichick apparently doesn't see the need.

I wudda swore we were taking a TE with one of 3rd rounders, one of those blocking TE types,,,

Maybe we will sign a couple via free agency??

We could have drafted as many Day Two TE's late as we did DT's. That wouldn't give them a spot on the roster or even on the Practice Squad. The patriots have three TE's who will make the roster, with a couple of more for camp. No matter how many post of criticism appear hear, Belichick apparently doesn't see the need.

With hindsight being 20/20, BB didn't see value in the '09 TE class in relevance to where he was picking. That he traded for Alex Smith, illustrates that there was a need at TE. Smith is still young (26) and was a great pick up, IMO.

With hindsight being 20/20, BB didn't see value in the '09 TE class in relevance to where he was picking. That he traded for Alex Smith, illustrates that there was a need at TE. Smith is still young (26) and was a great pick up, IMO.

I agree. In one of my early mocks, I had the Pats acquiring Smith as part of the Cassel trade. He seems to be a great fit here.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back