PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel Unhappy With His First Round Treatment by Patriots (MOD EDIT: Title Modified)

Animated GIF

That's not a petty jab. If every other 1st rd pick got a private jet and he was sent southwest, that demonstrates a lack of understanding the current generation of players.
He got killed by everyone for being a first-round pick despite being a pretty productive player. But he'll forever be compared to the guys taken around him - especially knowing Brady left after 2019, and they had a shot at Lamar Jackson one pick later, along with obviously Chubb - who is the guy people still talk about.

I understand why people were/are annoyed, but Michel did a good job and at least played a key role in helping them win a Super Bowl. He wasn't an ideal pick, but at least he helped them get a ring. They've certainly done worse.

Last edited:
Standard operating procedure under Belichick. He recruited Rodney Harrison by taking him to the Ground Round of all places. And it worked too. It all fits into what Belichick cares about - no frills, no divas, just football and the team. That’s why he placed such a great deal of emphasis on character instead of athleticism. The approach worked until it didn’t.

Obviously he does. Honestly, I probably would too, if I was in that stratosphere.
If true, says a lot about you, imo.

I don’t care about this type of story. If this is what matters to Sony (vs the SB win he was a big part of) it speaks to his character. Get over yourself, Michel. That is such a small gripe in life.

Unless someone can tell me what they could've done differently to address the RB position (which I still haven't seen), a RB taken (who actually useful in 2018) over Lamar Jackson riding the pine was the right move. I was a fan of Jeremy Hill who was the initial starting RB who unfortunately got taken out by his own teammate week 1.

Maximizing another title run over the "future" is always the best move.

What we are not going to do is slander a Damn Good Dawg…go Dawgs!

That said, I took it as more true and funny than malicious.

But also an example of how Bill (and possibly the krafts) are way out of touch with what modern athletes want. And….SOUTHWEST!!!?

Could have at least got him economy comfort on Delta…there are 4 daily flights to Boston.

If true, says a lot about you, imo.

I don’t care about this type of story. If this is what matters to Sony (vs the SB win he was a big part of) it speaks to his character. Get over yourself, Michel. That is such a small gripe in life.
Nonsense.

I don’t do connections, and rarely fly anything but first class.

I’m not flying friggin Southwest or Spirit, or any other low quality product.

And I’m the CEO (and majority owner) of a company with revenue DWARFED by an NFL team.

There is a base level of professional travel expected which ties directly to your importance to the organization.

This isn’t some shoe-string startup company for Pete’s sake it’s a $6B franchise.

Are you going to fly a mid free agent private?

Of course not.

But a first round pick?

Certainly…

And most franchises agree.

I’d need to actually listen to the clip to give a fair judgement. NESN is one of those sites that would definitely provide an exaggerated title for this.

More likely than not I could see Sony and White laughing as he told this story rather than genuinely being angry over it.

I’d need to actually listen to the clip to give a fair judgement. NESN is one of those sites that would definitely provide an exaggerated title for this.

More likely than not I could see Sony and White laughing as he told this story rather than genuinely being angry over it.
Agreed. Certain Bos media outlets I refuse to take seriously, or even listen (Felger) because it’s just constant toxicity and clickbait. I’m an original BSJ subscriber and enjoy Bedard most of the time even if I disagree, but refuse to listen when he is on Felger because I loath Felger that much.

Sigh... I got trolled by the "scandalous" click bait, and yeah you nailed it. 27:30. No big deal.

Gonzo got a private jet. I wonder when this started or if you have to be picked 1-20 or something like that.

Ted Lasso would have no patience for this.

Whaaa, you got a ring, beat it.

Even though Michel was a bad pick in hindsight, I’ll always thank him for how huge he was in winning the last Super Bowl. He was amazing those playoffs.

Sigh... I got trolled by the "scandalous" click bait, and yeah you nailed it. 27:30. No big deal.

Gonzo got a private jet. I wonder when this started or if you have to be picked 1-20 or something like that.

You can blame @Ian for the thread title. He changed mine w/o permission.

Oh well, guess he went out the way he came in…

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back