PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

Still clinging to this discredited clown take of yours I see

Discredited? Hardly. Those blind to the truth never "see." ;)

We should have TEN ****ING BANNERS (not including the one STOLEN from us in 1976) hanging at Gillette Stadium right ****ing now. Fact.

d%#*!@t, STOP clinging to clown takes! You are severely myopic. Fact.

Last edited:
The behind the scenes stuff is 100% worth the price of admission. I fully believe that Kraft would have thrown out the bunch of them if Tom had failed. It took giant balls to stick with Tom at that point.

My feelings on it were that I was thrilled that Drew had gotten them where they were, but I had my doubts on whether or not he was going to get them over the hump. I can tell you Drew infuriated me at times. My Dad and I were at the Jet game when Mo Lewis birthed the greatest dynasty in American pro sports. I turned to my Dad and said, "Well, let's see how this guy does." I was not in the Drew Bledsoe camp, and was pleasantly surprised that Bill stuck with Tom.

Re: The Dynasty, my feelings are that it's going to show that Tom and Bill pushed each other to be better than they were alone, until Tom outgrew Bill after the 28-3 comeback.

Re: great coaching, great coaches are great because they have great players who carry out their message. Players play.
Yeah. You have a Qb who goes 5-11 and then 0-2 he gets replaced by a Qb who goes 11-3 and wins the superbowl. How very genius to go with that guy. By 2000 Bledsoe was flat out bad, Brady won games, this was not the amazing decision that it is trumped up to be. I do agree though on coaches, a coach is a genius or an idiot based on the players executing. Its really that simple. Seattle superbowl. Coach called a moron for passing, had that been a td, he would have been a genius who outsmarted Bill, but since it was picked, he is an idiot.

A team of all stars with a bad coach will beat a great coach and bad players, every day and twice on Sunday.
Great teams are almost always built by great coaching staffs, bad coaching staffs have trouble developing great players and are really good at ruining great prospects.

Football is the ultimate team sport, Brady doesn’t win rings without superior defenses and teams around him. Period.

BB drafted and developed Brady. He didn’t just appear out of nowhere and was nowhere close to the player he became years later.

Last edited:
Great teams are almost always built by great coaching staffs, bad coaching staffs have trouble developing great players and are really good at ruining great prospects.

Football is the ultimate team sport, Brady doesn’t win rings without superior defenses and teams around him. Period.

BB drafted and developed Brady. He didn’t just land appear out of nowhere and was nowhere close to the player he became years later.
Brady won a lot of games with bad defenses, the problem is, no matter how good the D is, they couldnt win without him. Stop with the drafted and developed crap. BB drafted about 12 Qb's over the years, how many turned out to be Brady? This notion that BB who is a defensive minded coach created a Brady out of thin air but somehow could not do that with any other Qb he ever drafted is stupid. Basically Bill really had no intentions of drafting brady and was basically talked into it by **** Rehbein. He then had no intentions of ever starting him until he had to, then oh look , the team is winning, so you think Bill somehow developed brady in a year, then his master plan was to have Bledsoe get hurt after an 0-2 start and then throw in his creation? Brady was Brady and that is why they became what they did. Bill had no earthly idea what Brady was or he would have drafted him a lot sooner than a late 6th rounder because his assitant wouldnt shut up about him.

Brady won a lot of games with bad defenses, the problem is, no matter how good the D is, they couldnt win without him. Stop with the drafted and developed crap. BB drafted about 12 Qb's over the years, how many turned out to be Brady? This notion that BB who is a defensive minded coach created a Brady out of thin air but somehow could not do that with any other Qb he ever drafted is stupid. Basically Bill really had no intentions of drafting brady and was basically talked into it by **** Rehbein. He then had no intentions of ever starting him until he had to, then oh look , the team is winning, so you think Bill somehow developed brady in a year, then his master plan was to have Bledsoe get hurt after an 0-2 start and then throw in his creation? Brady was Brady and that is why they became what they did. Bill had no earthly idea what Brady was or he would have drafted him a lot sooner than a late 6th rounder because his assitant wouldnt shut up about him.
I didn’t say “win games,” I said Brady couldn’t “win rings” without superior defenses and teams around him. And Brady had much better teams around him more consistently for twenty years than his QB peers did by far.

If it were easy to do, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen and Justin Herbert might have a ring on their finger but the coaches and team builders on those teams have failed.

Hell Andy Reid knew enough to fire his defensive coordinator after 2018 and hire Steve Spagnuolo… which propelled Mahomes to his first ring in a season he didn’t play nearly as well as he had the year prior.

Brady had Bruce Arians canned and the same team that won 11 and 13 games the two seasons prior won 8… but coaching doesn’t matter… sure.

You realize there are stats out there that makes this statement, utter nonsense, right?

I didn’t say “win games,” I said Brady couldn’t “win rings” without superior defenses and teams around him. And Brady had much better teams around him more consistently for twenty years than his QB peers did by far.

If it were easy to do, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen and Justin Herbert might have a ring on their finger but the coaches and team builders on those teams have failed.

Hell Andy Reid knew enough to fire his defensive coordinator after 2018 and hire Steve Spagnuolo… which propelled Mahomes to his first ring in a season he didn’t play nearly as well as he had the year prior.

Brady had Bruce Arians canned and the same team that won 11 and 13 games the two seasons prior won 8… but coaching doesn’t matter… sure.
No, Brady made it easier to not over pay for all pros around him and they could still win. Thats why it stopped working when he left. The pats with Brady beat a ton of teams with all pro's playing and great defenses, for a lot of years. There is zero way they could build any defense unless they were putting cheap scrap heap guys around Brady and saying make it work. problem is, you have to have a Qb to make that work. The pats didnt win superbowls because they had a great defense, they won because Brady made amazing plays that others dont. Good defenses lose every year. If you have a Qb that you have to put high priced players around them or hey cant win, then you are not building a defense. If you need a Qb that keeps the defense off the field with long drives, and without turning the ball over, he is the defenses best friend. Winning because of defense is what Peyton did in his two superbowl wins, and what Mahomes did last year. Brady was the constant for 20 years, all other players came and went.

Did Arians tell you that? The same team that won 11 and 13 games, was the same team that went 7-9 before Brady got there. The year they won 8, they had a silly number of injuries to the point Im shocked they made the playoffs. I didnt say coaching doesnt matter but coaching does not do **** if the players dont execute. See Bills first year with Pats and last 3 years with pats, why didnt the magical coaching win?

Fact is, Brady kept Bills job after 2001, and was the reason he was fired in 2024, because when Brady left, all of the sudden the things that Bill did for 19 years suddenly didnt work anymore. Suddenly we need great receviers, suddenly we need great run games, suddenly the offensive coordinator was the issue, suddenly a good defense lost games. last year, the pats lost 4games when the other team didnt score 20 points, in 3 of them they didnt score 15. Did coaching matter? Did defense matter?

You realize there are stats out there that makes this statement, utter nonsense, right?
Unfortunately for you, stats aren't your friend...

r0W9MDM.png

No, Brady made it easier to not over pay for all pros around him and they could still win. Thats why it stopped working when he left. The pats with Brady beat a ton of teams with all pro's playing and great defenses, for a lot of years. There is zero way they could build any defense unless they were putting cheap scrap heap guys around Brady and saying make it work. problem is, you have to have a Qb to make that work. The pats didnt win superbowls because they had a great defense, they won because Brady made amazing plays that others dont. Good defenses lose every year. If you have a Qb that you have to put high priced players around them or hey cant win, then you are not building a defense. If you need a Qb that keeps the defense off the field with long drives, and without turning the ball over, he is the defenses best friend. Winning because of defense is what Peyton did in his two superbowl wins, and what Mahomes did last year. Brady was the constant for 20 years, all other players came and went.

Did Arians tell you that? The same team that won 11 and 13 games, was the same team that went 7-9 before Brady got there. The year they won 8, they had a silly number of injuries to the point Im shocked they made the playoffs. I didnt say coaching doesnt matter but coaching does not do **** if the players dont execute. See Bills first year with Pats and last 3 years with pats, why didnt the magical coaching win?

Fact is, Brady kept Bills job after 2001, and was the reason he was fired in 2024, because when Brady left, all of the sudden the things that Bill did for 19 years suddenly didnt work anymore. Suddenly we need great receviers, suddenly we need great run games, suddenly the offensive coordinator was the issue, suddenly a good defense lost games. last year, the pats lost 4games when the other team didnt score 20 points, in 3 of them they didnt score 15. Did coaching matter? Did defense matter?
It wasn't Brady who defended "the greatest show on turf" or those Peyton Manning Colt's offenses back in the early 2000's. Tom needed his defense and rushing attack (linemen) to save his azz in 2016 versus the Texans otherwise he has one less ring on his finger. He also wasn't out there making tackles against the Rams in 2018 when the defense had them to a historically low Super Bowl scoring and offensive output. It's just dumb.

You QB fanboys are deliriously misguided. I get it, you love QB'S more than the head cheerleader, it doesn't mean a QB can win it all without a great team around him. If Brady chose the Raiders over the Bucs in 2019... he falls flat on his face. It's a team game... no matter how you guys try to give one person all the credit... it's a just silly silly take.

he knows. After the last 3 years the notion of defense and Bill carried Brady seems comical.
Because I never said that, or even implied it.

I said it's a team game.

That's not demeaning to Tom in the least... and he'd be the first to tell you that.

There's three phases to football, Tom played one.

Unfortunately for you, stats aren't your friend...

r0W9MDM.png
You are using 1 defensive stat. lol Peyton manning in the 2006 superbowl run, had 3 td's and 7 ints....they won the superbowl. Which pats team would have done that? In 2015. Peyton coming off a 9 td 17 int season won the superbowl, his stats in superbowl 13-23 141 yards 0 td's 2 turnovers. Last year mahomes won despite scoring 1 td in regulation and that was only because a ball bounced off a guys foot. You are using 1 single defensive stat to make up an entire entity. Did it matter in 2003 against carolina that they were number 1 in points allowed when carolina toasted them on the field for 29 points and delhomme looked like Joe Montana? It did not. Did it matter in 2014 when the pats were top 10 when Baltimore went up 14 points twice? It did not. Did it matter in 2017 when the pats were 5th in points allowed and the eagles torched them all day? It did not. Rodgers lost a playoff game in which his defense got him 5 turnovers....why? His defense was ranked average 14 so how could that happen? 5 turnovers they forced he lost. Rodgers lost a playoff game when his defense didnt allow an offensive td....how?

It wasn't Brady who defended "the greatest show on turf" or those Peyton Manning Colt's offenses back in the early 2000's. Tom needed his defense and rushing attack (linemen) to save his azz in 2016 versus the Texans otherwise he has one less ring on his finger. He also wasn't out there making tackles against the Rams in 2018 when the defense had them to a historically low Super Bowl scoring and offensive output. It's just dumb.

You QB fanboys are deliriously misguided. I get it, you love QB'S more than the head cheerleader, it doesn't mean a QB can win it all without a great team around him. If Brady chose the Raiders over the Bucs in 2019... he falls flat on his face. It's a team game... no matter how you guys try to give one person all the credit... it's a just silly silly take.
and yet the team didnt win before him or after he left? How come? What happened? Good defense, same coach, why did the pats start losing? Why did a Bucs team who had not won a playoff game in 18 years suddenly win a superbowl and go to a NFC title game in back to back years?

You are using 1 defensive stat. lol Peyton manning in the 2006 superbowl run, had 3 td's and 7 ints....they won the superbowl. Which pats team would have done that? In 2015. Peyton coming off a 9 td 17 int season won the superbowl, his stats in superbowl 13-23 141 yards 0 td's 2 turnovers. Last year mahomes won despite scoring 1 td in regulation and that was only because a ball bounced off a guys foot. You are using 1 single defensive stat to make up an entire entity. Did it matter in 2003 against carolina that they were number 1 in points allowed when carolina toasted them on the field for 29 points and delhomme looked like Joe Montana? It did not. Did it matter in 2014 when the pats were top 10 when Baltimore went up 14 points twice? It did not. Did it matter in 2017 when the pats were 5th in points allowed and the eagles torched them all day? It did not. Rodgers lost a playoff game in which his defense got him 5 turnovers....why? His defense was ranked average 14 so how could that happen? 5 turnovers they forced he lost. Rodgers lost a playoff game when his defense didnt allow an offensive td....how?
Points is the most important stat in football.

Because I never said that, or even implied it.

I said it's a team game.

That's not demeaning to Tom in the least... and he'd be the first to tell you that.

There's three phases to football, Tom played one.
Yes there are 3 phases and Tom could win if one of those phases was not doing well, but as we have seen, they cant win if the Tom Phase leaves no matter how good the other two phases do. When you are losing games 6-0 and 10-6. Why? Bill was coach, so why?

Points is the most important stat in football.
Is it...So...if an offense controls the ball and keeps the ball away from the other team and does not turn it over and has long time consuming drives and controls the clock....will that keep the points down? Why did tampa bay go from 27th in points allowed to 7th when Brady became Qb? Same defense...Why? Its funny you say that points is most important when the Brady lead patriots had teh highest average scoring total in the league for the two decades he was there. Do those points not count? Yo uare screaming team game but forget that a Qb like Brady makes a defenses job a hell of a lot easier, and that when Brady played somehow the defenses didnt give up as many points. Weird huh. Bill builds good defense, but for some reason they didnt work for wins anymore after brady. Brady didnt tackle anyone, so why did the winning stop? Brady was the most important player on the football field for 19 years in a pats uniform. Thats it, this is not opinion, this is proven. Belichick would tell you the same if you held a gun to his head. He knows what he had and he knows what happened when he didnt have it anymore.

and yet the team didnt win before him or after he left? How come? What happened? Good defense, same coach, why did the pats start losing? Why did a Bucs team who had not won a playoff game in 18 years suddenly win a superbowl and go to a NFC title game in back to back years?
You mean the two years before Tom became starter, what about 2002? Tom was a year removed from winning a ring in 2001 and presumably better than the year prior... they went 9-7, was Tom's QB magic not working that year?

This is typical QB fanboy nonsense. QB's are responsible for everything and anything good... until they lose, then it's their team's fault.

Is it...So...if an offense controls the ball and keeps the ball away from the other team and does not turn it over and has long time consuming drives and controls the clock....will that keep the points down? Why did tampa bay go from 27th in points allowed to 7th when Brady became Qb? Same defense...Why? Its funny you say that points is most important when the Brady lead patriots had teh highest average scoring total in the league for the two decades he was there. Do those points not count?
Tampa's defense the year before Brady arrived (2018) was ranked 18th in points per drive, better than their 29th ranked defense from the year before that when Arians first arrived. They were also the #1 ranked run defense in 2019, they also had rookie CB's and safeties moving into starting positions... in short, the defense starting improving steadily the moment Arians took over.

What Brady did that Jameis Winston couldn't was stop turning the ball over at a historic rate. The 2018 and 2019 Bucs led the entire NFL in passing before Brady arrived, they were ranked 3rd in passing TD's. Brady fixed the turnovers, his coaches fixed the defense and everything else. After Brady got Arians fired, he won 8 games... even Brady needed coaching.

Yes there are 3 phases and Tom could win if one of those phases was not doing well, but as we have seen, they cant win if the Tom Phase leaves no matter how good the other two phases do. When you are losing games 6-0 and 10-6. Why? Bill was coach, so why?
When you literally have to lie about what I said... you have nothing to stand on.

Tampa's defense the year before Brady arrived (2018) was ranked 18th in points per drive, better than their 29th ranked defense from the year before that when Arians first arrived. They were also the #1 ranked run defense in 2019, they also had rookie CB's and safeties moving into starting positions... in short, the defense starting improving steadily the moment Arians took over.

What Brady did that Jameis Winston couldn't was stop turning the ball over at a historic rate. The 2018 and 2019 Bucs led the entire NFL in passing before Brady arrived, they were ranked 3rd in passing TD's. Brady fixed the turnovers, his coaches fixed the defense and everything else. After Brady got Arians fired, he won 8 games... even Brady needed coaching.
False, brady got to tampa in 2020, in 2019 the year before Brady got there, they gave up 449 points, the only teams worse was Giants, Panthers and Miami, the next year with the same defense they were 8th in points allowed. Now....why? You said defenses giving up points was the most important to say if a defense was good or not. Were they one of the worst defenses in the NFl and then suddenly they were top 10? According to you that is the case and had nothing to do with going from Winston to brady, now tell me again why points allowed is the most important stat to say if a defense is good or not. A great Qb who takes care of the ball and has long drives and scores and puts pressure on the other team absolutely keeps points down. You gave all credit to points allowed to the defense, but I just showed you how Brady can influence that with actual proof.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back