PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl XLVII Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is weird. I'd like for Nantz to say something about the blackout.

I didn't think they were going to take Dandy Don's song literally.

I think I am going to watch ' the following' that was taped from last week. Has to be more interesting than this game for sure!!

Pats just haven't been able to bring out that "Killer instinct",massive intensity etc when it counts in the SB's that they have been in past few years......I mean, Gints brought the INTENSITY and FIRE when it counted most BOTH Times in the SB's against us.....and in their playoffs to make it there as well......Baltimore ALWAYS brings the INTENSITY and FULL Charged play when they need to get it done. The Pats conversely play tight, CONSERVATIVE...low emotion.....LOW INTENSITY and toughness at critical times (07 SB OL getting manhandled and overwhelmed ALL game for example) This team needs to GET tough and STAY TOUGH all the way through playoffs to the SB......Need to get more LEADERS...especially Defense....on the team.....You watch teams like Baltimore and the

F(king Gints and you hope we someday get that FIRE back that we used to have when Bruschi, McGuinnest, Rodney, etc....were ripping the opponents heads off.....without that we won't be back to the SB victory table anytime soon

That's because Belichick doesn't like defensive players with their own presence. He wants little chess piece guys he can move around at will... HIS will. Most of those Pats Championship defensive intimidators were left over from the Parcells regime. Parcells could handle big bad defense guys with alpha personalities. Belichick needs complete and utter submission of everyone and needs to control everything.

Is this the asteroid ???

Yeah, and most of us cheered pretty exuberantly when that play happened. But I think at this point most of us can agree maybe a shot at Denver out there might have been not so bad. Oh well.

Oh, man, you had to bring THAT up!

I didn't think the Ravens were this good but they are looking very strong in EVERY phase of the game.

Indeed. They are absolutely dominating this game.

how embarrassing...NOLA is a pure **** hole haha

Perfect metaphor for the game in so many ways.

Is Tasker going to look for BB now?

how embarrassing...NOLA is a pure **** hole haha

Yeah, I was pretty much just saying the same thing. It was bad enough they didnt finish almost any of the construction that was supposed to be done before the game but now this crap.

So that's 2 years in a row that a quarterback with the "throw it to the most covered receiver and hope for a PI call or a miracle catch" strategy has won the SB. What has football become..

ha ha--maybe they won't be able to finish this abomination.

Yeah, and most of us cheered pretty exuberantly when that play happened. But I think at this point most of us can agree maybe a shot at Denver out there might have been not so bad. Oh well.

Sorry, no.

Vomit potential of Manning ballwashing >>>> vomit potential of Ratbirds winning

I didn't think the Ravens were this good but they are looking very strong in EVERY phase of the game.

I don't think the Raven ARE this good....they just brought the emotion and intensity when it mattered most and hit their stride in the playoffs....just like the Giants.... They have also had all the breaks go their way....how many hail mary's to Torrey what's his name at the last second....they all said they were a "team of destiny"....I tend to agree now....But also, the 49ers have been playing like the Pats the past 2 sb's we were in....Conservative and tight with very little fire and emotion.....just CAN not win like that....

That's because Belichick doesn't like defensive players with their own presence. He wants little chess piece guys he can move around at will... HIS will. Most of those Pats Championship defensive intimidators were left over from the Parcells regime. Parcells could handle big bad defense guys with alpha personalities. Belichick needs complete and utter submission of everyone and needs to control everything.

False, McG, Seymour, Vrabel were all Belichick acquisitions.

This would be more of an interesting story if the game was close

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore