PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 Combine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: * The 2012 Combine Drills!! *

its not the same as guys whose positions depend more on things like speed. NT's who have performed well at the combine have gone on to perform well in the pros.....you can't teach 6'5"/350 to go along with a 4.87/40 and 44 bench reps. I guy this big to put up those results has to have a solid desire. his abilities make him a very versatile player for the pats.

Poe (in most rankings) was already a 1st round pick. His incredible show of athleticism at the combine can only help move him ahead. He was top three DT to start and he may have moved to #1.

Poe (in most rankings) was already a 1st round pick. His incredible show of athleticism at the combine can only help move him ahead. He was top three DT to start and he may have moved to #1.

yes...I already made the point that its pretty much moot, but he would help the pats in a big way should he be available and the pats take him

That's my concern. I loved the idea of pairing the kid with Wilfork as tackles in sub packages, and seeing the way BB would be able to use those two behemoths in 3-4 formations.

'we' had to? you had nothing to do with the decision.

the addition of poe would reduce that need.

Lol come on man you're better than that. This is a sports forum, the majority of us refer to our relationship with the team as we.

While Poe would definitely help this team his impact would be marginal compared to getting a better 5 technique DE or study OLB. Guys like Dontari Poe and Melvin Ingram are way out of our range anyway so I don't know why we keep drooling over them.

Lol come on man you're better than that. This is a sports forum, the majority of us refer to our relationship with the team as we.

Yeah, that gave me a good laugh.

I like Acho. He's not going to be a high upside pick, but he can be a contributor for a long time at ILB in the 34.

What do people think of Nigel Bradham as that nickel backer? Haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. Good size and speed though.

The 2 guys that I was lusting for with the first 3 picks were Cox and Marcilus. However after the tee-shirt Olympics, we can kiss those 2 guys good bye. This is just like with JJ Watt last season....a tease. They let us fall in love with a player only to them break our hearts. Its like the girl who teased us all night at the bar, then leaves with a guy with the better car.

LOL Lavonte David better post some good ass 3-cone and shuttle times or he's screwed. No way he should be running a 4.66 at 230 lbs. Zach Brown is similar size and much quicker. Zach Brown will make a Tampa-2 very happy.

The 2 guys that I was lusting for with the first 3 picks were Cox and Marcilus. However after the tee-shirt Olympics, we can kiss those 2 guys good bye. This is just like with JJ Watt last season....a tease. They let us fall in love with a player only to them break our hearts. Its like the girl who teased us all night at the bar, then leaves with a guy with the better car.

The good news this year is that there are a lot of players getting it done, so there may not be as much leapfrogging as we might normally fear.

I like Acho. He's not going to be a high upside pick, but he can be a contributor for a long time at ILB in the 34.

I agree. I had him in an earlier mock in the 4th round as a nickel LB to take over from Gary Guyton. Probably has a low ceiling, but a high floor.

We can buy a better car Ken. We have a good credit score. Trade up if you like a guy!!

Nice for Hightower - 4.62. We won't get him now.

Nice for Hightower - 4.62. We won't get him now.

And it was what I saw of him in games. Never understood those people who thought he was slow and couldn't go side to side - he did it all the time.

The good news this year is that there are a lot of players getting it done, so there may not be as much leapfrogging as we might normally fear.

And there is still 2 months until the draft. After all the workouts, everyone will get back to the tape and everything will start to balance itself out.

Hightower fast at 4.62

Good for Hightower. As good as his 40 was I expect his 3 cone and shuttle to be even better. He doesn't look stiff at all on film.

He's under the radar but people should keep an eye on Terrell Manning. Probably not a Patriot match due to size but he's a good player.

I really liked his brother Sam last year. He had a pretty darn good rookie year with 7 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. Sam is built a little bit bigger but overall they're both just very solid players. Sam had a good rookie year. I wouldn't mind Emmanuel in the 4th or 5th at all(if we can get picks there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe