PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 Combine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: * The 2012 Combine Drills!! *

I agree. I had him in an earlier mock in the 4th round as a nickel LB to take over from Gary Guyton. Probably has a low ceiling, but a high floor.

I rewatched the senior bowl a couple times now and he keeps looking better. He'll have good value. He played mostly as a MLB though, only a couple plays outside.

And it was what I saw of him in games. Never understood those people who thought he was slow and couldn't go side to side - he did it all the time.

Yeah, same. He looked fine on tape. He actually made other OLBs look slower when I scouted them.

And there is still 2 months until the draft. After all the workouts, everyone will get back to the tape and everything will start to balance itself out.

Exactly.

He's under the radar but people should keep an eye on Terrell Manning. Probably not a Patriot match due to his wretched last name but he's a good player.

Fixed your post.

I think it all depends on scheme. I would give Coples the advantage because of the 4-3 teams between 5-10 like Miami, Carolina and Buffalo.

If Miami can't land Matt Flynn in free agency, they are going to trade up to #2 to take RG3.

Attitude issues + On field discipline + 4.93 forty = bye bye Vontaze Burfict. Enjoy being a UDFA. He looks so much faster on film. 4.93 is just pathetic though.

Melvin Ingram said in an interview recently that he only wants to play 4-3 DE.

That's a dumbarse thing to say..

Devon Still has T-Rex arms unfortunately :( He's a DT in a 4-3.

How are 33 1/4" arms "T-Rex" arms. They are longer than Wilfork's.

Don't tell patsdeoer but Wolfe lacked explosion and looked slow in the first 10

4.94 in the 40 and a 1.7 split isn't bad. It's about the same that Seymour ran..

Oh wow Zach Brown is 244lbs. Most people had him in the 225-230 range. With that speed and his "new" size that changes the way I feel about him completely. It's almost unfortunate that Spikes has emerged. Imagine Brown playing the Will and Mayo at the Mike instead of Mayo playing Will and Spikes at Mike.

Attitude issues + On field discipline + 4.93 forty = bye bye Vontaze Burfict. Enjoy being a UDFA. He looks so much faster on film. 4.93 is just pathetic though.

And tops it off with a 5.10 on his second run.

Poor Acho. Looked like he pulled a quad.

Oh wow Zach Brown is 244lbs. Most people had him in the 225-230 range. With that speed and his "new" size that changes the way I feel about him completely. It's almost unfortunate that Spikes has emerged. Imagine Brown playing the Will and Mayo at the Mike instead of Mayo playing Will and Spikes at Mike.

Butch Davis thinks Brown has the ability to play SLB in the NFL. Because of his wrestling background he has good balance and understanding of leverage, and he plays bigger than his size. But he is still learning to play LBer and is only scratching the surface of his potential. I think he could offer a ton to this team because of his versatility and athleticism.

Butch Davis thinks Brown has the ability to play SLB in the NFL. Because of his wrestling background he has good balance and understanding of leverage, and he plays bigger than his size. But he is still learning to play LBer and is only scratching the surface of his potential. I think he could offer a ton to this team because of his versatility and athleticism.

That's awesome. Would be a great kid to sprinkle in at nearly every LB position and could eventually replace Ninkovich completely. If we're going to be a 3-4 we need more good LBs. Right, Hank Bullough?

Richard Seymour is 6'6 with 35" arms (if I recall correctly)
Dontari Poe is 6'4 with 32" arms.

Not even close.

I repeat, tell me which plays he woudnt be able to make.

I repeat, tell me which plays he woudnt be able to make.

Ohhhhh I don't know, how about every play that doesn't involve coming up the gut to start?

edit: You seriously have no understanding of the 3-4 if you think Seymour and Poe would do similar things. When you think Seymour think JJ Watt or Calais Campbell. Does that help?

Last edited:

Zach Brown's speed and change of direction is absolutely ridiculous. He didn't catch the ball (I don't think the QB was ready for how fast he is) but everything before that was picture perfect.

Last edited:

Zach Brown's speed and change of direction is absolutely ridiculous. He didn't catch the ball (I don't think the QB was ready for how fast he is) but everything before that was picture perfect.

He's perfect apart from the fact that he doesn't like contact, can't tackle and has bad instincts.

Ohhhhh I don't know, how about every play that doesn't involve coming up the gut to start?

edit: You seriously have no understanding of the 3-4 if you think Seymour and Poe would do similar things. When you think Seymour think JJ Watt or Calais Campbell. Does that help?

Sure, I've heard the same thing about Offensive Tackles, too bad some of the best tackles in the league have short (by your standard) arms.

For the record, I think Poe has the potential to be better than Seymour.

How about just stay away from all UNC players :D

The receiver is a lazy punk, Donte Paige-Moss deserves to go undrafted, Zach Brown isn't a football player, what's the problem with Coples?

There is one problem with your examples. Neither is currently playing in a 2 GAP system which the Pats run. Both are 3-4 1 Gap systems.

The person who closest plays a 2 gap from other teams is Ngata. And he lines up at 3-4 DE more than NT and it's been that way for years.

Also, how did Wilfork and his 32" arms look to you when he lined up at RDE next to Kyle Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe