PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The best draft research resources

Thanks; we’re leaving Venice today unfortunately, and taking the TrenItalia back to Rome, from where we’ll fly to Philadelphia the following day… It’s been a fast 10 days that’s for sure…
I haven’t been to Venice but I was in Rome years ago, it’s beautiful
I hope you enjoyed Europe , first time ?

I haven’t been to Venice but I was in Rome years ago, it’s beautiful
I hope you enjoyed Europe , first time ?

Yep… been to Ireland a few times with the kids; both mine & my wife’s parents are from there, but this is our first time on the “continent”… We we’re supposed to go two years ago for our 25th anniversary, but we were, in the words of Carl Spackler, unavoidably detained…

Yep… been to Ireland a few times with the kids; both mine & my wife’s parents are from there, but this is our first time on the “continent”… We we’re supposed to go two years ago for our 25th anniversary, but we were, in the words of Carl Spackler, unavoidably detained…
Ireland must be beautiful, my parents were there and they loved it and talked about it often
It must be a long flight from philly to Rome right?

Ireland must be beautiful, my parents were there and they loved it and talked about it often
It must be a long flight from philly to Rome right?

Yep, about 8 hours... That was the worst part about going to Italy: the flights themselves... What a ****ing hassle...

Me too
It was like 26 hours

When I was in the Marines we flew to Japan from the east coast multiple times, every one via Anchorage Alaska... about 12 hours there, then about another 12 hours to the destination... Always seemed to land at Anchorage at 3am, no matter the direction; so depending on the time of year the airport was either dark as death or as bright as an early morning wrapped in a light fog... Those trips made for loooooong days...

Last edited:
there are some good sites out there but my favorite draft research folks are right here at PatsFans. com with BaconGrundleCandy and OchmedJones. Lots of research goes into their takes and i really appreciate their contributions. Like with any analysis and draft opinions, its not an exact science but they do good work

I'll put this in the Mock Draft thread too... NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has revealed his top 50 version 1.0, and there are more than a couple of surprising entries, to say the least:

I'll put this in the Mock Draft thread too... NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has revealed his top 50 version 1.0, and there are more than a couple of surprising entries, to say the least:

It has 6-8 tight ends on top 50. Is the class so weak on other positions . I saw more tight ends than receivers.

It has 6-8 tight ends on top 50. Is the class so weak on other positions . I saw more tight ends than receivers.

6 to be exact... Kinkaid (9TH!), Washington, Mayer, Musgrave, Laporta (46th!) and Davis Allen (50TH!!!)... Most places don't have Allen as even a top-200 prospect, never mind 50th overall.

The rest of the draft class isn't that weak, at all; I suspect there'll be adjustments made to his list after the combine...

Bleacher report top 100 -2023

Includes ratings and player comps

The Athletic's Arif Hassan just posted his annual scouting industry-consensus Top 300, via PFN so it's free:

The NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah has also just posted his Top-150 list:

As usual, there are some surprises in his list, both higher And lower than expected.

And here's Great Blue North's final Big Board:

DraftCountdown only has 112 players instead of the usual 300+ under their older format:

Vinnie Iyer at The Sporting News has a final Top-200 plus positional rankings:

And finally, here's what I ass-ume is CBSSportsline's final big board, but with them ya never know:

Last edited:
I have been to New Zealand twice. The flights there almost killed me!
Preach it... Gotta say getting to Palau took a full day +... Long flights out, longer flights back

but oh so worth it... Took this in the German Channel, Palau
rVdPaid.jpg

got these jaws from Rodney Fox in Adelaide Australia back in '96....here he is in the 60's after a great white attack....remember an 18 hour flight from LAX to Sydney on a 747...dyam

44797355-0-image-a-25_1624930762496.jpg

Attachments

• 2146_47554884730_7452_n.jpg
    2146_47554884730_7452_n.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
Preach it... Gotta say getting to Palau took a full day +... Long flights out, longer flights back

but oh so worth it... Took this in the German Channel, Palau
rVdPaid.jpg

My wife & daughter went snorkeling on the Big Island of Hawai'i last August and they saw a few rays where their boat stopped, while my son & I stayed back beach-side and enjoyed some beverages with umbrellas in them...

A couple more big boards I found, one from MockDraftDatabase & the other from NBCSports.com:

My wife & daughter went snorkeling on the Big Island of Hawai'i last August and they saw a few rays where their boat stopped, while my son & I stayed back beach-side and enjoyed some beverages with umbrellas in them...

A couple more big boards I found, one from MockDraftDatabase & the other from NBCSports.com:

Palau is world class diving... stayed at the Palau Pacific, dove thru Sams... have also been to Chuuk (Truk Lagoon) which is the best in the world for wreck diving... Chuuk is a little bit third world though tbh...

Love Hawai'i... Absolutely loved the Big Island... stayed in Hilo, had a great time there... more enjoyable than Waikiki for me... and ain't nuttin' wrong with adult beverages in funny cups with umbrellas in them...

so i dont go too far afield, the draft sites i like

walter football

nfl draft countdown

the draft network

Last edited:
Palau is world class diving... stayed at the Palau Pacific, dove thru Sams... have also been to Chuuk (Truk Lagoon) which is the best in the world for wreck diving... Chuuk is a little bit third world though tbh...

Love Hawai'i... Absolutely loved the Big Island... stayed in Hilo, had a great time there... more enjoyable than Waikiki for me... and ain't nuttin' wrong with adult beverages in funny cups with umbrellas in them...

so i dont go too far afield, the draft sites i like

walter football

nfl draft countdown

the draft network

We stay on the other side, about 7-8 miles down the coast south of Kailua Kona village, but we've visited Hilo a couple of times now, both when my wife & I were there alone two years ago and with the kids last year... Seen a couple of Pats games now at a local place near the condo village with 7am kick-off times; hadn't started drinking that early in the morning before then in a looong time...

Another big board I always seek is from Frank Coyle's Draft Insiders; it's a smaller one, Top-100, but he's been at this for at least 25 years now, since we bought our first computer the fall of 1996 and he was providing content for the old CBSSportsline when I started researching the 1997 draft the following spring:

We stay on the other side, about 7-8 miles down the coast south of Kailua Kona village, but we've visited Hilo a couple of times now, both when my wife & I were there alone two years ago and with the kids last year... Seen a couple of Pats games now at a local place near the condo village with 7am kick-off times; hadn't started drinking that early in the morning before then in a looong time...

Another big board I always seek is from Frank Coyle's Draft Insiders; it's a smaller one, Top-100, but he's been at this for at least 25 years now, since we bought our first computer the fall of 1996 and he was providing content for the old CBSSportsline when I started researching the 1997 draft the following spring:

Frank Coyle had us taking Christian Gonzalez at 14....not bad.

Frank Coyle had us taking Christian Gonzalez at 14....not bad.

When we traded out of 14, all 3 of Broderick Jones, JSN & Gonzo were still available... My fear was that they would be taken at 14, 15 & 16 and we would be left holding the bag; but the Commandos & Jete did Commando & Jete things... Good on Frank; I think he's someone known more inside the industry than outside the industry who just keeps plugging along...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back